Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#2693 -- My "Friends w/ kids" rant...

Posted by amethusos* 
#2693 -- My "Friends w/ kids" rant...
May 14, 2008
Lunch actually went well. My friend's daughter is a smart girl so I learned much of ocean biology and the lives of sharks. I was seated across from the girl and the other adults were talking to each other. I had a huge resentment at first because, honestly, I wanted my friend to myself. Yeah...I was being selfish but, at least, I can realise that today and act accordingly instead of act out in a ridiculous manner but have a nice day instead. It was GREAT to have a nice conversation with a youngster and learn some cool stuff in the process. Still...I wish my friend would be a little stricter on the "I'm not feeling good" bit which gets the kid picked up all of the time. However, it is not my biz as Friend does not tell me how to run my life. For a change, dealing with a friend's child turned into a rave smiling smiley instead of a continuous rant-o-la...angry smiley
Glad lunch turned out better then you'd expected, there really are *some* cool kids out there.
Re: #2693 -- My "Friends w/ kids" rant...
May 15, 2008
I have 2 friends with daughters, both aged 13. I do have to say that these are 2 of the nicest, polite, well-raised, intelligent girls I know. I do not mind at all when these friends bring these daughters along on our rare times together.

Too bad the same can't be said for the friends I used to have that have spawned. The few times I did see them after spawning, their kids were acting like monkeys on acid.
Re: #2693 -- My "Friends w/ kids" rant...
May 15, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have 2 friends with daughters, both aged 13. I
> do have to say that these are 2 of the nicest,
> polite, well-raised, intelligent girls I know. I
> do not mind at all when these friends bring these
> daughters along on our rare times together.
>
> Too bad the same can't be said for the friends I
> used to have that have spawned. The few times I
> did see them after spawning, their kids were
> acting like monkeys on acid.

My niece and nephew are 11 and 7 respectively. They are a pleasure to be around but they bore easily and do not bother to hide it. I envy them that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login