Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Warning, Some disturbing things on this link

Posted by mercurior 
Warning, Some disturbing things on this link
May 17, 2008
Warning, warning, some disturbing details on this site, especially for those who use luxury shampoos and anti wrinkle creams. Particularly in american markets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=566936&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=

In 2005, biochemist Zoltan Kiss registered a U.S. patent for a chemical compound which he claims "restores and maintains the strength and thickness of ageing skin".

Professor Kiss says he used Sigma-Aldrich's human alkaline phosphatase in his work.

A Sigma-Aldrich salesman confirmed that the chemical was "of UK biological origin
Thats UK HUMAN biological origins.

its "Once a week, a van makes the four-mile round trip from Sigma-Aldrich's high-security plant to the hospital to collect up to 70 frozen placentas, all of which have been delivered over the previous seven days. "

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Warning, Some disturbing things on this link
May 19, 2008
I can't even contemplate this stuff bring in my moisturizers, etc. I'll have to check labels more carefully. If this isn't snake oil, then I don't know what is.

I'm pretty sure the cruelty free stuff doesn't use this gunk.
Have they tested this stuff on humans to make sure it won't injure pets??
May 19, 2008
two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have they tested this stuff on humans to make sure
> it won't injure pets??

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 19, 2008
Disgusting. I've always been a big label reader so this will make me even more alert. I'd sooner smear dog shit on my face than anything derived from a human.

That Donna Norman chick in the article looks like a man.

Here's a link that tells you what each ingredient is in the things you use every day. A lot of it is animal-derived:

http://www.caringconsumer.com/resources_ingredients_list.asp

Have a read through it, it will make your hair stand on end.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login