Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grrr

Posted by Gumtreebumm 
Gumtreebumm
Grrr
February 09, 2006
Fellow Aussie here. This is one particular area which really pisses me off. I fail to see why parents need such cash incentives, when they already received a great deal in the way of tax relief and family payments. Greed will end up ruining this country. I hate the blatant vote buying inherent in this strategy. Why not use the money thus wasted to improve our ailing health system, or to assist those who are aged and needing assistance after years of paying taxes and building the country up? You just KNOW these bastards are using the free govt money to buy indulgent items such as flash TVs and assorted crap. Then they'll whinge about how haaaard it all is to pay their bills with Snottley and Brattley being so expensive to raise. Grrr.
Anonymous User
Re: Grrr
March 10, 2006
I hear you loud and clear.I think the grant goes up to 6k next year...Are you from melbourne? If you read the herald- sun you would have read my letter to the editor about this very issue.
I got some very breederific responses...
CFADinNYC
March 13, 2006
I've always wanted a monetary reward for not breeding - for not taxing our welfare system, for not being a burden on the earth, for not adding more garbage to landfills, etc.

Is the population of Australia really that much on a decline that residents are paid to squirt out a kyd? Yikes!!!!
March 13, 2006
well australia has a very restricted immigration policy, from the last time i checked, your cant have a criminal record certain crimes are spent, some are never spent.
CFADinNYC
March 13, 2006
I thought they had a pretty open door policy? Great, all the waste ends up in the USA. And they insist on breeding. But of course!!! @@
March 13, 2006
http://www.immi.gov.au/migration/skilled/rqmnts_doc/hc_character_1.htm

What is the character requirement?
To enter Australia, you and anyone included in your application, must be of 'good character'. If you or other members of your family do not satisfy the 'good character' requirement, you may not be granted a visa. You are required to provide police checks and military discharge papers as evidence of whether you can meet character requirements.

Regardless of which visa you apply for, you must pass the character test. You will not pass the character test if:

you have a substantial criminal record
you have an association with a person or group that is suspected to have been, or is, involved in criminal conduct
due to your past and present criminal and/or general conduct, you are not of 'good character'
there is significant risk that if you were to enter or remain in Australia you:
would engage in criminal conduct
harass another person in Australia
vilify a segment of the Australian community
incite discord in the Australian community
or
become involved in activities that are disruptive, or bring harm to, the Australian community, or a segment of that community.
Anonymous User
March 13, 2006
Our imigration system comes across as strict but its not.Just the other day they let back into the country a "looser" drugie who has numerous offences for stealing.

We have 20 million people here.That may not seem alot considering we have one of the biggest countries in the world but 80 percent of it is unlivable so I think we are full.
March 13, 2006
i live in the Uk, so we have a few more links to aussies wink.. but from an outsiders point of view, it seems like a very tough immigration policy..
Anonymous User
March 13, 2006
I guess to other countries we have a strict policy...I am glad of that but I dont think it makes much difference as we have our share of ferals from overseas....
March 13, 2006
exactly, sometimes i wish we had similar polices, in the uk and i am sure in some of the usa too.. at one point my mum and dad was going to come over they were doing one of those £10 and u can emigrate. but they decided not too. i got some cousins in australia and new zealand.
Anonymous User
March 13, 2006
Even though we have our ferals here I am so proud to be Australian.I still think even with all the crap going on that this is the best country in the world(but this is just my opinion only) : )
March 13, 2006
i am proud of being a brit too, even though we has tossers as a leaders, and so on. i think it is one of the best, canada being another.. and the uk another.. (and this is my opinion too).. america, its good in parts.. however rare and far between they are
Anonymous User
March 13, 2006
Yes you are right.There are so many beautiful parts of this world.I would love to visit your country one day...I would like to see where my convict ancestors come from.Seriousley our family line has been traced back to then.What I want to do most is visit America and in particular Graceland! Yes I am a big Elvis fan.

Yes your leader is a huge tosser but not compared to our little lap dog johnny wanker howard! : )
March 14, 2006
are we going to have an argument about who is the biggest tosser as leader, if so, i think we both can think of the biggest. BUSH. he he he.

KidFreeLuvnLife
March 14, 2006
Bush sucks cock in hell. That man is useless as a president and is ruining this country. He doesn't give a rat's ass about the working class. He made his money, what does he care? There will be 2 classes in this country soon: the haves and the have-nots, and the gap between the 2 will be VERY deep. We need a president who is going to shut the borders to terrorists, care about the working class, not be a religious zealot, stop catering to the breeders, restructure the property/school tax thing and maybe a few hundred other things that need fixing in this country.
CFADinNYC
March 14, 2006
Natalie!!! I am laughing because as a family trip way back in 1979, I got to see where my ancestors came from before they decided to immigrate to the USA. Right then and there, I was so thankful for immigration. Even at 13 years old I remember thinking that if I was born and raised in that country, I would still have an overbite, mousy brown hair, and be married and pregnant by 20. And a set of shitlings by 25. Yeah great--NOT!!!!

That country is Sicily.

Anonymous User
March 14, 2006
Hi there CFAD

I just want to say stand tall and be proud of your ancestory...I am sure you are - just wanted to say so.As for me god knows what my anestors did to make the convict ship! You didint have to do much those days...

You must be so thankful to be in the U.S. I know your president is a huge cock sucker( he is just like his old man) but I still believe America is a great country and I love what it stands for.I have never been there but I think it is an amazing place and I so cant wait to go.

Our goverment just anounced that it plans to give parents more tax breaks!!!Ahhhh fuck this makes me mad.Oh well I guess they have to get their playstations and Plasma tvs somehow....GOd forbid they have to actually go out and work for it - they let their cunts do their work for them!

I agree with what you said to someone else - that your country is becomming a country of haves and have nots...The same thing is happening here and I am afraid itis getting worse.Little johnny has just changed our industrial relations laws which means basically we are screwed.I wish someone would put a bullet in the cunt.I am sorry but he just bloody shits me to the max!
CFADinNYC
March 14, 2006
Proud - sure!! I don't mind but many think all the Sicilian immigrants here are suspicially linked to the mafia!! LOL!! smiling smiley

So more money and breaks for crapping out a fresh loaf in Australia? Goodness! The madness does not end! It's a damned decision to have a baybeeeeee.... not one where you should get a fricken monetary reward!! Christ!!!

Our country's culture is one festered upon greed and the accumulation of wealth. Who really NEEDS a 42 inch plasma TV? Who needs a McMansion!?! All that extra CRAP? Sure, some things are nice to have but we don't need all that stuff and we are being conditioned to "need" it. It's the same mentallity about "super sizing" and getting more for your money with cheap stores like Walmart. It makes me ill!

OF course the breeders demand huge quantities of cheap goods because of their me me me and disposable attitude. Fuckers. Then they get tax breaks here. We don't give them monetary rewards for having them because our American population isn't dwindeling (oh no!! what a shame!) but they are getting tax breaks and other freebie stuff. Including the welfare mothers and freakinsh fert-moo's who shit out 7,8, 9 freaks at a time and presto--they get a new house, mini van, supplies from vendors - all free. Yet, it was THEIR decision to do the fertility treatments.

UGH!! BREEDERS!!!! Fuck you all!!!!!!
Feh
March 14, 2006
The United States is a sickening embarassment. Our glorious leader was elected, and is still supported, by at least 30 percent of the population. We shove our fanatical religious, breeder-centric and consumerist beliefs up the collective ass of the rest of the world. The only thing that's stupider than a "patriotic amurikan" is anyone who wants to be involved in this mess of a country...bleah.

Oh yeah, and Natalie, if you want to see the true, earthy glory that is Graceland, you'd best get over here soon. Some knob-end of a billionaire bought 85% of the rights to Elvis' name and image, as well as a 90 year lease on Graceland, and is planning on building a huge Elvis-plex of luxury hotels, spas and stores. This also means that Elvis impersonators might end up getting sued if they don't comply (pay up to) with the owner of the image rights. Lets just say, some assbag is going to take the People's Elvis and turn him into some sort of money making machine of wrongness. 'Tis sad.
http://tinyurl.com/j8lcs

Anonymous User
March 14, 2006
Yes more money for parents.My husband and I are not burdening the system but we get nothing.I wont go on about it as I am sure you have heard it all before in here.

Here its the italians that have links to the mafia( so people think!) I rekon people watch to much television.

Well I am off now to go to a morning tea union meeting.One of the issues is getting a lactation room here in the offices at work(yes you heard me right) also they want an on site childcare center....A lady I work with has asked me to become a member of the womens council but when I told her my beliefs on some of the issues she agreed I am not the one for it.
Anonymous User
March 14, 2006
I knew Pricilla had sold off the rights to Elvis name but I had no idea the were building all that stuff there....Lisa will never sell graceland and being the headstrong woman she is I believe it.

YOur contry is not so bad...Hey if it wasant for you guys we would be fucked.They saved our ass from the japs in ww2.I really do admire how patriotic Americans are.There is nothing at all wrong with pride.Be proud to be American - just because your leader is a dumb fuck dosent mean much.I personally cant wait to get over there.
Feh
March 14, 2006
It's not so much our leader as it is his several million supporters who allow him and his ilk to fuck up everything for everyone else.

I know I'm getting way off track, but Natalie brought up Elvis ... I can't help myself! I think Graceland is an awesome slice of America. It's eye shatteringly tacky, sparkley, loud, tasteless and uniquely wonderful. When I visited with my family at 16, it was a fantastic experience (and relatively sprog-free). The area around Graceland is populated with family owned motels, Elvis-themed shops filled with strange merchandise (Love Me Tender shampoo anyone?), as well as liquor stores, diners, check cashing stores, homeless bums...whatever. My point is, Graceland is in a neighborhood with all the stuff that a neighborhood has. It may have been surrounded by a huge lawn and fence, but Elvis lived in the community of Memphis and made himself a big part of it, unlike the stars of today. Graceland of the future will lose that, I think important aspect, as it becomes just a tiny part of the Total Elvis Vacationland experience. Plus, when you bulid a luxury hotel complex, the fambilies will come, oh yes oh yes indeed.
Anonymous User
March 14, 2006
Just think yourself lucky that george bush has to go.This little cunt we have has been in power for 10 years now and it can go on till he is voted out.The American system of having only two terms is great because after a while the power goes to their heads as you all know...I rekon the most ridiculous thing your president has ever said was that "god has told him that the war on terror is right" or some crap along those lines.He is talking like the pysco terrirists when he did that.Couldnt fucking believe it myself......
well it looks like I beeter get my ass of to Graceland A.S.A.P.
It sounds like you have been there yourself.Lucky you.
sprogless
March 14, 2006
Natalie, that sucks! Just because you aren't mooing, bleating, and lactating, you don't belong on a womens council? That sounds more like a breeder council, to me! Don't women have any other issues to discuss, besides turning the workplace into a nursery? Damn, I'm sorry...
Anonymous User
March 14, 2006
The woman I work with believes if I dont agree with what they are trying to impiment then I should not be there...I guess she is right because once they started going on about moo issues I would bore and tire quite easily.
Some of the things they want is
1.a woman to be able to take 5 years off work till her kids 5th birhtday and still walk back into a full time job.

2.the option to work 5 years part time.

3.on site child care.

4.mensural leave ( I kid you not!)

theres more but I cant remember it all now.I think it was so traumatic I have blocked it out! lol...

And they wonder why its getting harder for a woman of child bearing age to get a job.I dont blame the employers one bit.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.