Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The End is Near

Posted by annie35 
The End is Near
May 21, 2008
I get so tired of hearing this crap. An earthquake, cyclone, and a few tornadoes and every person at my mom's church is screaming the end is near. A couple of the young couples are trying to have a baby right away, because they want to experience the joy of a child before the earth is destroyed. How fucked up is that?
Anonymous User
Re: The End is Near
May 21, 2008
If I knew the end was near, I'd have a tatoo (love them but I am afraid of needles and of how it would wrinkle when ageing), try drugs, bungee jump, run naked in the street! But I would never have a baby. That is pretty stupid.
May 21, 2008
Did you know that nearly every generation of humans had some group that figured they'd be the last? And yet we persist.

Sure the end is near, it's always near and it's always getting closer...the lucky thing is, most - if not all- of us will be dead before then because of the super volcano that's building under Yosemite Park, that'll get us in the next 10 - 20 years.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
May 21, 2008
i have been learning to be double jointed for the last 20 years.. so i kiss my own.. goodbyewink..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
May 21, 2008
If you can kiss your own ass goodbye, I'm surprised your ever on here...
that area can be a great source of pleasure.

smiling smiley

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
May 21, 2008
There's a bigger and OVERDUE super-volcano under Yellowstone! And, apparently, Barack Obama is the anti-christ!! And don't forget the bird flu!!! AND THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING!!!!
str8six
May 21, 2008
Hey that sounds like a great idea! "The world is coming to an end, so let's bring an innocent child into an ending world, so they can suffer and die with us"......UGH!!!! hot smiley
May 22, 2008
The world will end eventually, but it won't be for about 7 billion years. I recall reading a science article that showed the earth will definitely burn up in the sun one day, and as it gets closer to the sun, the land and the air will become less usable and everyone will die.

And as for these retards who think they NEED to spawn before the world ends...too bad they don't realize their spawning will contribute to the world ending. Humanity will probably breed itself into destruction. Let me put it this way...annually, 56 million people around the world die. On average, 133 million babies are born worldwide every year (that's 4 babies a second!). So the birth-death ratio is about 2:1 - this is why we are so fuckin' overopulated. People are reproducing twice as fast as they are dying.
May 23, 2008
Yea, it's getting old. I do get a chuckle out of how crazy it makes the religious zealots, on their little crusades to "save" everyone before its too late.
May 23, 2008
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/9941/

a lot of those kind of .. predictions are on this link, its a bit old.. but..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
May 23, 2008
Feh wrote:
we would be long gone before "the super volcano that's building under Yosemite Park, that'll get us in the next 10 - 20 years."

Sorry, I'm puzzled. I think humans would still be here in a decade or two. Unless I'm reading this wrong.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
I think she's saying the super-volcano will erupt in 10-20 years, killing most of us before any of the other doomsday predictions OR overpopulation have the chance.
May 23, 2008
Stephanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think she's saying the super-volcano will erupt
> in 10-20 years, killing most of us before any of
> the other doomsday predictions OR overpopulation
> have the chance.

Yup that's what I'm saying...and the super volcano is in Yellowstone, not Yosemite....and then there's the midwest fault line which is becoming more active...oh, and we haven't had an air-born viral plague go through the population in a while...well, that's if the complete and total collapse of our economy doesn't get us first.

Death! DEATH STALKS US AT EVERY TURN!!!! AAAAA!

--Me
May 24, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get so tired of hearing this crap. An
> earthquake, cyclone, and a few tornadoes and every
> person at my mom's church is screaming the end is
> near. A couple of the young couples are trying to
> have a baby right away, because they want to
> experience the joy of a child before the earth is
> destroyed. How fucked up is that?

It is very messed up. Basically they would just go ahead and have that kid and watch it die if the world did end? (They obviously believe that end is near)

This is a very selfish thing to do. I would rack up my credit cards if world was near end, but why would anyone bring more people into the world if it is about to end?

I do not buy the "end is near" stuff anymore. I heard it too many times, nothing has ever happened. People have been here for over 30000 years and maybe be here even longer. Over breeding will kill majority but not all. Chances of something happening in my lifetime are much smaller than me winning a lottery. (I will win it, you know! LOL)

Annie35, you need to ask these people if they would enjoy being born to parents who knew that the world is near end. Majority people who have kids are not concerned about kids but only worry about their own feeling at that point and time. Rationality and thought are thing of the past and will never be back.
k-man
May 24, 2008
On this topic, I know a man of about 70 who runs a service station and garage in a nearby town. He is very intelligent and it shows.

His wife told me some time back that his parents were nutty fundies who thought that the predictions in Revelations involving the end of the world were right around the corner, so they saw no need to try to put him through university, where he could have made use of his intelligence, and they discouraged him from even attempting to do so. He went to work right after high school, got married as was usual in the late 1950s, and had kyds and followed the general "Life Script". He did all right, but could potentially have done much better.

This was in the era long before the present financial aid system. His parents' idea was, why spend any money for our child's higher education when the Babble and our preacher say everything is about to come to an end?

In other words, they were willing to bring a child into the world, but their nutty beliefs hindered him from realizing his potential. You have to wonder how many more like him are out there.
May 25, 2008
K-man, you are confirming something that I have been saying for years. The world does not have a scheduled end (If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is). Religious people have been preaching end to us for 2000 years and nothing ever happened and nothing ever will. If people would realize that, and understand that we can go on practically forever if WE want to (all the generations we see will make it), then this world would be a better place.

Earth does go through changes but it is 4.5 billion years old. If something does change every 30000 years or so, chances of us seeing that in our lifetime are very, very, small. With that, I would count on being here 40-50 years from now unless I have some health issues. Us, humans need to worry about doing right things for the planet and our selves. No need to worry about any end, unless, of course, we commit mass suicide, such as use nuclear weapons. I think it would take someone like Duggars to push a button for that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login