Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A resume / job interview

Posted by annie35 
A resume / job interview
May 22, 2008
I am hiring a receptionist / assistant for the office.
I have a resume on my desk from a SAHM who is looking to get back into the workforce. I decided from the resume that states she is well versed in finances because she runs a household, that she is great at organizing and planning because she gets 3 kids and a husband off to work or school everyday, and that she is great at customer relations because she can keep peace in the family. All of these are not qualifications as far as I am concerned, but I figured what the hell, I will interview her because I am in need of a good chuckle.
So this morning she shows up and proceeds to tell me how great she is and how she can juggle many things at the same time all while still being friendly and helpful. She then mentions that she will need summers off, Spring break off, and all days that her kids have off.
She also does not want to come in untl 9 and wants to leave at 3 to get the kids from school.
She also would like to know if we have a daycare on site or any help for parents.
I got my good chuckle.
When I told her I need someone from 7:30 - 4:30, she looked puzzled.
I also said I need someone here for the summer and she asked if I took summers off. Well hell no, I run a business, not a spa.
Poor woman will never find a job with the interviewing skills that she has.
Re: A resume / job interview
May 22, 2008
PWND!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
May 22, 2008
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Something tells me this MOO has never worked a job in her life...typical breeder who wants the world to revolve around her.
May 22, 2008
Annie, you selfish, heartless girl, you. A moo in the office would be an INVALUABLE asset. Just look at the skills she possesses! Playground logic is indispensable. Maybe she can hold seminars and teach her wonderful skills to everyone in the office! (sarcasm off)
May 22, 2008
The funny thing is when she sat down in my office, I saw her looking at the pictures of my nieces on my bulletine board. She immediately went into your kids are precious and look just like you mode. I think she was trying to earn some points.
I really don't need yet another "mom" figure in the office.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
Damn!My Mom worked and raised kids,never having summers off,school holidays or days where she was home before 5...imagine that!These breeders are re-fucking-diculous!
May 22, 2008
Someone needs career counseling, STAT.
moohater
May 22, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am hiring a receptionist / assistant for the
> office.
> I have a resume on my desk from a SAHM who is
> looking to get back into the workforce. I decided
> from the resume that states she is well versed in
> finances because she runs a household, that she is
> great at organizing and planning because she gets
> 3 kids and a husband off to work or school
> everyday, and that she is great at customer
> relations because she can keep peace in the
> family. All of these are not qualifications as far
> as I am concerned, but I figured what the hell, I
> will interview her because I am in need of a good
> chuckle.
> So this morning she shows up and proceeds to tell
> me how great she is and how she can juggle many
> things at the same time all while still being
> friendly and helpful. She then mentions that she
> will need summers off, Spring break off, and all
> days that her kids have off.
> She also does not want to come in untl 9 and wants
> to leave at 3 to get the kids from school.
> She also would like to know if we have a daycare
> on site or any help for parents.
> I got my good chuckle.
> When I told her I need someone from 7:30 - 4:30,
> she looked puzzled.
> I also said I need someone here for the summer and
> she asked if I took summers off. Well hell no, I
> run a business, not a spa.
> Poor woman will never find a job with the
> interviewing skills that she has.

Gee thanks Annie. grinning smiley

Now after interviewing with a few more brick and mortar jobs, and having her hopes dashed, not being catered to because she is a holy moo, she's going to give it a whirl in the online world amongst the thousands of SAHMOOOOOO bloggers, ebayers, whatevers, and I'll be stuck with her. That's all I need, one more fucking MOO online to beg my clients for freebees, steal artwork and content for their own crappy sites (moos are notorious for this online) which means I'll have to have the lawyer writing yet one more MOO a copyright infringement letter. SIGH.

And that's it. This is why so many fucking moos are online pretending to "work," because all you brick and mortar people aren't catering to moo enough! grinning smiley And by the time she gets here, she's angry, she's jealous, and she's psycho.
May 22, 2008
Annie, what was she wearing?
May 22, 2008
The thing I have experienced are moos stating how they have total availability for a job during the interview only to scream how they need to have special shifts and not work weekends/holidays because of their kids once they start working the job. What gets me seeing red is when these fucking bitches screech how a single childfree woman should not care if she works weekends, holidays, or mandated overtime because she does not have children OR a man waiting at home. So not fucking anyone also makes us less than human??? That means a single woman is to be chained to her damned desk???

At one call center I worked, one moo was sacked after missing too many days of training. The young single moo, who lived at home with mommy & daddy...of course, got away with more than the one allotted absense for training class. The HR ditz tried to get our teacher to keep her on because she said, "I know what it is like as I am a mom, too." I am glad our instructor said that this girl missed too much class to get all of the material which is true. Her friend, who ended up getting knocked up by some dumb fucker in the center, was all mad saying arrangements need to be made for mothers. I asked why mommies should have separate rules. Did not get an answer...
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
Thanks for the chuckle.

It always amazes me how SAHMs think they can apply for receptionist positions. Especially when they haven't used any computer software that these jobs often require (Excel, Word, Quickbooks, etc.) and have no administrative of office experience to speak of. They seem to think administrative jobs just involve "answering a phone".

Well, I've done admin and receptionist jobs for ten years. There is a lot more to these careers than people think. Nobody is going to hire someone just to answer a phone and take messages. They want more bang for their buck out of an employee. So, they expect the receptionist to have other job skills.
May 22, 2008
A lot of these moos do not realise how stressful it is to manage a busy switchboard even if there is no computer work to be done. I've done car dealership receptionist work. It is not easy. Most dealerships do not have computers at the front desk as the sales managers deal with that stuff. However, there are multiple lines and it gets crazy...especially in the early a.m. when dealing with service calls before that department opens up. It gets worse with the service department as the day goes on as it is extremely busy back there and the service writers do not always get the calls which come back to the desk. Then, we get to hear how 'service' sucks and the receptionist is yelled at because the car was not ready as promised! Body shop is worse. Wait until the ad comes out! The calls are nutso with the listed 'specials'.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
And no - wiping noses, and driving kids to school and fixing meals for your family are not abilities that translate well into the business world. And even if they are - everyone else does these types of things. I drive a car, I do laundry for me and my spouse, do all the housecleaning without a maid, I budget, plan and cook meals, I balance my checkbook, pay bills, I do ALL these things IN ADDITION TO WORKING A FULL TIME JOB.
nowhiggers
May 22, 2008
annie, thanks for fucking with a breeder like this, you made my day. :yrgrinning smiley
May 22, 2008
casseyrod Wrote:
> And no - wiping noses, and driving kids to school
> and fixing meals for your family are not abilities
> that translate well into the business world. And
> even if they are - everyone else does these types
> of things. I drive a car, I do laundry for me and
> my spouse, do all the housecleaning without a
> maid, I budget, plan and cook meals, I balance my
> checkbook, pay bills, I do ALL these things IN
> ADDITION TO WORKING A FULL TIME JOB.

Thank you. Seriously.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
casseyrod Wrote:
> And no - wiping noses, and driving kids to school
> and fixing meals for your family are not abilities
> that translate well into the business world. And
> even if they are - everyone else does these types
> of things. I drive a car, I do laundry for me and
> my spouse, do all the housecleaning without a
> maid, I budget, plan and cook meals, I balance my
> checkbook, pay bills, I do ALL these things IN
> ADDITION TO WORKING A FULL TIME JOB.

You should write that on TOC and TMC.
Anonymous User
May 22, 2008
Actually it was nice of you to even grant her an interview.

I used to screen resumes in my prior job as an HR assistant, and I would always toss out the ones that said "homemaker" on them.

I would also toss out the mens' resumes when they pointed out they were married with kids. I find it presumptuous and arrogant that they would expect special consideration for a job based on that.
May 23, 2008
I got this in my 'Spam' folder of my Yahoo e-mail:

http://www.affiliatefuel.com/e/pointmoms/signup.cgi?AffiliateID=311939&mid=pms78y1fMomsAF20080523

It is one of those hokey work-at-home/multi-level marketing scams which are aimed towards mawms. I am sure many will fall for it despite the word-up about these damned things!
May 23, 2008
Those stupid moos and their "in-home businesses" are a crock of shit, too. My neighbor claims to have her own "business."

Yea, you have your own business alright, one that you run from your dining room in your underwear.
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
People who get involved in these MLMs and stay-at-home businesses actually lose more money than they earn. Only about 2% of people who get involved in these, will ever turn a profit. About 90-95% of ads for "work from home" turn out to be simply scams.

I also feel sorry for women who are dumb enough to believe they can make $3,000 a month stuffing envelopes out of their home. They deserve to get scammed. They seem to think they deserve a management level salary doing very menial work - reeks of a sense of entitlement.
May 23, 2008
amethusos* Wrote:
> The thing I have experienced are moos stating how
> they have total availability for a job during the
> interview only to scream how they need to have
> special shifts and not work weekends/holidays
> because of their kids once they start working the
> job. What gets me seeing red is when these fucking
> bitches screech how a single childfree woman
> should not care if she works weekends, holidays,
> or mandated overtime because she does not have
> children OR a man waiting at home. So not fucking
> anyone also makes us less than human??? That means
> a single woman is to be chained to her damned
> desk???
>
Exactly! A single childfree woman needs MORE TIME OFF so she can snag that mayun, rock, house in the burbs, and spoot out a couple sprogs so she also can experience the most glorious, life changing event that anyone could ever possibly engage in. I mean, the Moo's already got that, she doesn't need to work on that part of her life any more, so she should be more than happy to spend more time at work. I mean, they're always saying "Everyone should parent" right? How are the childfree going to participate in the brave new world of breeding if they don't have enough time to find mates?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
May 23, 2008
When I was single and in my 20s, I encountered one employer who refused to hire me because I wasn't married.

Some employers actually hold it against you if you aren't married. I am glad its no longer considered a legitimate question in a job interview. But I do remember interviewing in the late 1980s, and this question was almost routinely asked. Employers saw the single person as less responsible, less adult than the married person. Didn't matter if you were male or female.

But these days, with more people divorcing, putting off marriage, or not marrying at all, employers are going to have a hard time finding that married person they consider so "perfect" for the job.
May 23, 2008
I am fairly certain I'm discriminated against, consciously or not, by my employer because I do not have a husband/kids. I make conspicuously less than people around my "level" at my place of work, despite the fact that I receive RAVE reviews from my supervisors and my clients even comment to my bosses about how happy they are with what I produce. The one thing that really sets me apart from others (besides the fact that I have a higher degree than most of my cohorts, bring in more money, and have more responsibility) is the fact that I am unmarried and without kids. I mentioned to my immediate supervisor, who is actually a very supportive and fair person who recognizes how much of a contribution I make, that I thought the higher-ups, who are very openly family-oriented, were docking me because I didn't have dependents. He said he didn't think that was the case, or at least he'd never heard any discussion of that topic during raise reviews. I'm sure it's not discussed OPENLY, but I'd bet a million bucks it figures somehow into the equation. There's nothing else that can explain what I'm so underpaid relative to all the family men (mostly) who are at my level. I'm disgusted and am now exploring my next career move. If they come through with a decent raise this time around, I'll stay. Otherwise, I'm gone, and it WILL be their loss.
k-man
May 23, 2008
My former employer (private company, wholesale sales) was grooming me, as an unmarried man with no children, to work in operations. That would have entailed pushing paper and putting out fires for 60+ hours a week, every week, without letup, and the company was notoriously cheap on salaries. Life is too damned short to have a job like that.

At the branch where I worked, the operations manager (OM) went for several years without taking vacation or even being able to take a sick day. He, too, was unmarried with no children, and I think the branch manager's idea was that I would eventually take over the OM's job one day since my personal life was similar.

The problem was that I was hired with the idea that I would eventually go into outside sales, not operations... After 10 years working there during which time neither I nor the company got our respective ways, I left and never looked back.

I'll never forget writing a $300,000 order (this was almost 20 years ago, so worth roughly $500K today) and seeing the branch manager (successor to the other one) act pissed off because I had written this big order. My relationship with the customer who placed the order was sabotaged by someone at the company right after this, and I could never find out who was responsible. But the obvious point was that I wasn't supposed to be trying to go into sales, and writing this order didn't fit in with management's plan.

The irony is that because of internal restructuring and centralization nationwide, the company effectively did away with operations managers at the branch level. Those positions became even lower-paid "operations supervisors". Based on what people with more seniority in operations were doing, I would still have been waiting for an OM position when these changes were made, and I would have been out of luck.

Maybe I'll never make much money, but I'll be damned if someone is going to chain me to a never-ending grunt job because I'm unmarried and CF.
May 23, 2008
I actually got the "hey, it's not like you have anyone to go home to" at my last job. And they wonder why I quit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login