Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We are sleeping where?

Posted by annie35 
We are sleeping where?
May 27, 2008
My husband's b/f from H.S. invited us to stay with them for the weekend. I really do not want to go, they have 2 kids who run the house and there is never a moment of peace.
Well hubby's friend calls to tell us we will be sleeping on the floor in the living room. I am so not into this. They have a 4 bedroom house, but his brother is living with them so the guest room is taken.
The kids threw a fit because they don't want anyone sleeping in their rooms ( they are 5 and 3, they should not have an opinion as far as I am concerned). So it looks like I am sleeping on the floor among a shit load of toys and kids stuff.My husband is also so not into this, so we are going to tell them today that we are going to rent a hotel room instead. I see no reason for us to be sleepless and uncomfortable. I mean come on those kids stay up until 4 a.m. and get up at 6 a.m. I am not going to react well if one of them wake me up at 6 a.m.
I am also so not into the watching what I say, appearing to be interested in every bug and rock those kids bring me, and also into staying at their house because it is such a pain to take a kid out to eat or do anything.
I don't want to go, but my husband is very excited about seeing his friend, so I guess I will endure the yelling, whining, crying, and just plain chaotic enviroment.
Re: We are sleeping where?
May 27, 2008
Did I mention this is also a lame attempt by the women ( his B/F's wife and sister) to yet again try to convince me that motherhood is wonderful and I am missing out.
Catabat
May 27, 2008
I'd suddenly come down with something rare and contagious. Dengue fever ought to do it. And it will last until those kids are like ... uh ... 23.
May 27, 2008
Isn't sleeping on floors the kind of thing you get out of your system in, say, college?

I wouldn't want to sleep in the kids' rooms either.
Anonymous User
May 27, 2008
Does your hubby "dislike" the kids as much as you do?
May 27, 2008
Yea, I too, would call and say you are renting a hotel room. It will get the message across nicely that 1. you'd like some peace 2. you aren't into sleeping on the floor 3. you're glad to see the kids get to decide that house guests can sleep on the floor rather than them learning to share.
May 27, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My husband's b/f from H.S. invited us to stay with
> them for the weekend. I really do not want to go,
> they have 2 kids who run the house and there is
> never a moment of peace.
> Well hubby's friend calls to tell us we will be
> sleeping on the floor in the living room. I am so
> not into this. They have a 4 bedroom house, but
> his brother is living with them so the guest room
> is taken.
> The kids threw a fit because they don't want
> anyone sleeping in their rooms ( they are 5 and 3,
> they should not have an opinion as far as I am
> concerned). So it looks like I am sleeping on the
> floor among a shit load of toys and kids stuff.My
> husband is also so not into this, so we are going
> to tell them today that we are going to rent a
> hotel room instead. I see no reason for us to be
> sleepless and uncomfortable. I mean come on those
> kids stay up until 4 a.m. and get up at 6 a.m. I
> am not going to react well if one of them wake me
> up at 6 a.m.
> I am also so not into the watching what I say,
> appearing to be interested in every bug and rock
> those kids bring me, and also into staying at
> their house because it is such a pain to take a
> kid out to eat or do anything.
> I don't want to go, but my husband is very excited
> about seeing his friend, so I guess I will endure
> the yelling, whining, crying, and just plain
> chaotic enviroment.

Opting for the room is very wise as it will also allow you to decompress. Hang in there.
May 27, 2008
Re: We are sleeping where? new
Posted by: nokyds4me (IP Logged)
Date: May 27, 2008 12:24PM

Does your hubby "dislike" the kids as much as you do?

I don't dislike them, they are just too much too handle. They run around and scream all the time and are too hyper for my liking.
Yes, my husband also agrees with me about the kids and the sleeping arrangements, he is the one who brought it up.
May 27, 2008
Yes, a hotel room...and a bottle of xanax might make that trip tolerable. Would it be possible for your hubby to spend time with his friend and family, while you do something that might actually be fun?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
May 27, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> Yes, a hotel room...and a bottle of xanax might
> make that trip tolerable. Would it be possible
> for your hubby to spend time with his friend and
> family, while you do something that might actually
> be fun?

this is a great idea- I went shopping somepplace they all hated and had a glorious hour to myself. Brilliant.
May 27, 2008
I have decided to go to the spa on Saturday, instead of hanging out with the kids and listening to all the wonderful stories of how great their kids are. Husband's friends wife is trying to find a sitter, so she can go with me.
str8six
May 27, 2008
At the risk of sounding like the ever-pessimistic person, if she goes with you I hope you're not bored to tears of parent-centered conversations!
May 28, 2008
Just remember, it's your vacation too! You are just as entitled to your own fun and slack as anyone else on the vacation.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
May 28, 2008
Absolutely what Feh said!!!!

Breeders tend to forget that other people are also entitled to some R&R. Don't be surprised if moo wants to be the one going to the spa and leaving YOU alone with Shitford and Cuntleigh.

And if moo can't find a sitter, oh well. Too bad, so sad; sucks to be a moo. You go anyway and have a marvelous time!
May 28, 2008
I am going no matter what.
IF she does get to go with me, and she starts in on the baby crap, I will simply put my ear buds in and listen to my IPOD. I have done it before, when I did not want to hear their baby crap.
May 28, 2008
annie35 Wrote:
> I am going no matter what.
> IF she does get to go with me, and she starts in
> on the baby crap, I will simply put my ear buds in
> and listen to my IPOD. I have done it before, when
> I did not want to hear their baby crap.

The old library book trick works too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login