Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorial day brewfest

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Memorial day brewfest
May 28, 2008
Memorial Day Saturday, my beer club president had a brew-fest at his house. He starts at 9 am but I was late for a variety of reason. I did manage to arrive @ noon with equipment to make a dry mead. (If I had arrived at 9 I would have had 3 child-free hours.)
I knew the day was going to be less enjoyable when one of the members showed up with the @#$%@#$ spawn pen.
Actually, the infant was ok. It wasn't crawling and fussed very little. At the enjoyable stage.
However, she had a 2 year old which had absolutlely NO business being there. There were at least 3 - 4 pots with boiling wort, water and naturally, the bugger couldn't stay away.
Also, the president had a young retriever which developed some sort of fixation on the 2 year old. The day was constantly yelling at either the poor dog (just wanted to play and still did the mouthing kind of thing) or the stinking brat. I was able to tolerate and occasionally be amused by this kid, but for the most part I just wished he was gone.
To top this all off, the grandmoo called at least 3 times (from the moms reaction I gather grandmoo is a pain in the ass, or also thought the kids shouldn't have been there) whining about wanting to see the grandsprog. Good grief, talk about object lesson about avoiding the land-mine of breeding, a baby-rabid grandmoo (who should be told where to go at the very least), and dragging a brat where it really could get hurt, no matter how well it is watched.
Lord, I hope she doesnt' EVER bring this kid back. If grandmoo was so rabid about seeing them, that would have been a good place and would have made the day that much more enjoyable for all of us, not only moo and duh.
Faaeeehh
Re: Memorial day brewfest
May 29, 2008
Once again, a parent who thinks their kid belongs EVERYWHERE. I am so tired of that shit. Can't people get out for one fucking day without their kid? Sounds as if moo could have gotten grandmommy to watch the little brat.

How on earth can anybody possibly enjoy themselves around all the yelling at the kid and stressful environment it created? And the poor dog, why should the animal be the one to get yelled at?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login