Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cheap condoms & PP

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
cheap condoms & PP
February 14, 2006
I doubt Planned Parenthood is distributing defective condoms intentionally. The condoms are donated to them by the condom companies, and it seems logical that the cheaper-quality products would be the ones a for-profit corporation would donate to a non-profit for a tax write-off.
Lady Cooper
Re: cheap condoms & PP
February 15, 2006
Which ones are the bad ones?

Actually, which condoms are the best and strongest?
Cambion
February 15, 2006
At my college, there's a "health awareness" week that goes on once a quarter, and of course, people from Planned Parenthood show up to give out free condoms. But, from what I have heard from a couple of the people who put them to use, the condoms from PP were very crappy and broke easier.

It seems to me, in some demented way, that Planned Parenthood is against contraception..
Anonymous User
February 15, 2006
They may have corrected the problem by now; I do not know.
Despite what I hear a lot about PP supposedly being non profit, I think they are getting plenty of $$ for abortions. How better to assure a client base by supplying bad condoms? If they are handing out condoms to kids (who can't even brush their teeth without constant reminder.. they gonna use condoms?) they are definately handing out literature on where to go in case of an ' ooops'.
1) some std's don't care if you use a condom: they'll pass by skin contact.
2) PP definately will do nothing about a grown man screwing an underage child.
3) PP was founded by a person who was definately into eugenics.
So, the jury is still out on this.
If they are getting slough-offs from condom companies that are no good; they know it and continue to accept slough offs, then who is really culpable now?
CF Scorpio
February 16, 2006
A cheap free condom is better than no condom at all.
February 17, 2006
two cents you are a cynic, and i like that...i always follow the money, if there is a new law, follow the money to who would benefit and i bet you will find a link to the lawmakers and them.

cf is it really free, if it fails then the other expenses.. i would rather pay more for one, as it was my responsibility to get one.

i dont know how much they are over there but they arent that expensive, here pubs sell them 2 for £2.. because they have a captive market, but you can get them cheaper but they have to conform to a certain standard, but you can get more (they even sell them in poundlands like a dollar store, 3 or 6 for £1.)
Anonymous User
February 17, 2006
My point, not so much is 'cheap unreliable condom better than none'..
yes, you are increasing your odds (somewhat) of NOT getting pregnant.
However, despite PP claims to the contrary, they do make money off of women getting preggers... So, as merc points out, I am somewhat dubious of their claim to be concerned about women.
In a much larger extent I also have a jaundiced eye towards the 'war on poverty', the 'war on illegitimacy', and other methods to combat the problems caused by single moos. There have been enough studies done to show that children are at far greater risk being born to single moos, than in a stable married household. It ALWAYS boils down to odds. You cannot eradicate all the problems and dangers a child can face: one merely increases the chances for survival. (here I go drifting again.) There is a whole industry(ies) out there that make their money and livelihood from the problems, psychopatholigies, horrors that single moos create and perpetuate. Everyone is aghast when a child is murdered. The majority of time I hear 'single moo and shack up welfare tick'..the litany is constant.. unmarried, boyfriend, etc etc...
Going back to PP, and the lure of money: use a defective product, and you increase your chances of making even more money when the moo comes back for an abortion. Call me cynical... as merc said 'follow the money'.
more asides..
Of course, some std's don't care if you do use a condom. They just need skin contact. (HPV for example.) If one wants to become infertile, std's seem to be the way to go; their consequence is infertility. (Sterilization is the best way to go but, as we can see, is a method that is resisted. People WILL change their minds and it will always be the doctors that catch it no matter what they do: they will always offend someone).
Boy, I sure can drift, eh?
February 17, 2006
curiously there was a news discussion about this subject, once again britain leads the way.. well we hope this will pass.

MPs - including Lib Dem leadership contender Simon Hughes - are calling for the price of condoms to be reduced to prevent the spread of HIV.
Seven MPs have signed an early day motion calling for VAT on condoms to be cut from 17.5% to 5%.

EU rules prevent VAT being removed entirely but the MPs want condoms reclassified as an "essential health item" rather than a "luxury item".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4723780.stm
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.