Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents killing their kids - here we go again

Posted by Amethyst 
Parents killing their kids - here we go again
May 31, 2008
From the BBC:
31 May 2008
Police have arrested the parents of two children who were stabbed to death in an attack at a home in south London.

A five-year-old boy, a girl aged four and a six-month-old girl were found with stab wounds at an address in Carshalton on Friday night. The older children later died and the baby girl remains in a serious condition in hospital.

The children's father, 39, and mother, 35, were arrested and are being questioned by police.

Officers were called to the house, on a busy road in the quiet suburb, at 2230 BST on Friday. Murder squad detectives and the Child Abuse Investigation Command are now investigating the incident.

- - -

Oh. my. god. This defies belief. And, here we go again, I never want to hear another shrill hysterical word about what a danger all these lurking strangers and pedophiles hanging around on every corner are to children. Because, clearly, it's totally made up. Most deaths injuries and abuse suffered by kids are inflicted by their own parents, fact.
I imagine that it also helps when the children have parents who are less-than-thrilled with their choice to breed -- they're more likely to fob the kid off on that 'uncle' who just loves having kids around.
Re: Parents killing their kids - here we go again
June 01, 2008
And what's more, a mother in Birmingham (UK), and her boyfriend, starved her little girl to death. The neighbour lady alerted authorities when the kid came creeping over and started eating the breadcrumbs she'd left out for the birds.

- - -
BBC News
The mother and stepfather of a seven-year-old girl who allegedly starved to death have appeared in court via video link.

Angela Gordon, 33, and Junaid Abuhamza, 29, appeared at Birmingham Crown Court accused of "causing or allowing" the death of Khyra Ishaq.

Khyra was taken to hospital on 17 May where she was pronounced dead.
- - -

Naturally, the girl's real father (who hadn't seen her for over a year) wants answers. Not from the mother who killed the child, no, he wants answers as to why Birmingham Council Child-Protection-Whatnot didn't know about this and step in to prevent the woman offing his kid. This so-called Dad has a sister - the aunt - who said something about "hmm well we knocked on the door a couple times about a year ago and it seemed like no one was home so we haven't seen them in a year or so."

Worst of all is the granny, who had in fact seen her granddaughter regularly but said she seemed 'normal'. Well, not so normal that it doesn't stop her pointing her bitter bony finger at Birmingham Council and accusing them of abandoning their duty to protect. For christs sake you'd think Gran would've got her FREE senior's bus pass out and put her lazy ass on the bus to bring the kid a sandwich or something. But no I guess Granny-duties don't really extend as far as that anymore. Best try to deflect blame to someone else - the Council - and look for the opportunity to sue them for a ton of money for your troubles. Ca-CHING!!!
Yes, most child abuse is inflicted by parents. And parents are more likely to get away with it. Remember how sorry everyone felt for Andrea Yates, and how many people defended her. I even heard people say "well, she only killed her own kids, not someone else's".
June 01, 2008
apparently they are saying she may have been suffering from depression.. as said by a friend.. are they a shrink

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023365/Mother-suspected-stabbing-children-suffering-depression-says-friend.html

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I really tire of this depression defense. It is a problem but I think it is just an attempt to avoid punishment.
June 02, 2008
See? Being a parent really does make you a better person! See all the joys we Childfree are missing out on?
June 02, 2008
Great, they're depressed so we all must feel bad for them because they couldn't possibly be expected to care for their child. Fuck that, it's just a convenient excuse for a pity party, instead of the harsh punishment they so richly deserve. They aren't depressed, they're evil and there's a BIG DIFFERENCE.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
June 02, 2008
apparently it was her that killed them he has been release without charge

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
If they really were out of their minds they would probably just sit there and say 'yeah, whatever' and take whatever for child murder comes their way.
However, and this includes the mentally ill imo as well, they pull this garbage, but they still try and avoid punishment in any way they can. This indicates that many of the ones that try and use a mental defense know the difference between right and wrong.
Oh yeah, I can say, yes they are mentally ill: they do not think like the majority of folk. Just don't try and avoid getting your ass kicked.

As an example, I remember some man writing somewhere that his mother was schizophrenic. I do NOT recommend his dads solution which was to sock her in the face when her schizy behaviour started to get out of hand. The point the writer made was that whacko moo was able to control her behaviour in order to avoid being hit. Not right, and this may have been in the days before the rise of the mental institutions, whatever reason, but it sure as hell worked.
Nuff said.
June 02, 2008
OH MY GOD!!!!!! That is fucking beautiful. LMAO

We all just talked about this on the post about the "autistic" kid - the whole learned behavior/suppressed behavior thing, and how kids don't get whacked around enough.

two cents ¢¢ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
..................As an example, I remember some man writing
> somewhere that his mother was schizophrenic. I do
> NOT recommend his dads solution which was to sock
> her in the face when her schizy behaviour started
> to get out of hand. The point the writer made was
> that whacko moo was able to control her behaviour
> in order to avoid being hit.....................
June 02, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> apparently they are saying she may have been
> suffering from depression.. as said by a friend..
> are they a shrink
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023365/Mo
> ther-suspected-stabbing-children-suffering-depress
> ion-says-friend.html

I am so fucking tired of the depression excuse. My mom would abuse me and blame it on depression. She had 3 other kids she never abused, only me. I got no use for that lame ass excuse, it is just that an excuse.
June 02, 2008
Two-year-old boy left 'penned in kitchen by baby gate for whole weekend while woman went out to party'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023644/Two-year-old-left-mother-went-party.html

A two-year-old boy was left trapped in a kitchen for a weekend after a woman went 'out to party' a court was told yesterday.

Police found the crying toddler 'home alone', penned into the kitchen by a baby gate after they were alerted by concerned neighbours.

The child was 'dirty, partially dressed, shaking and cold,' and could not gain entry to the rest of the flat, it was alleged.

The accused claimed another woman was looking after the child when she was tracked down by officers at her boyfriend's home.

She is accused of abandoning the boy at a flat in Ingleby Crescent, Lincoln.

Felicity Gerry, prosecuting, told the jury: 'In her own words so she could go out and party.'

Miss Gerry added: 'Kelly Tollerton asked a friend to say he had been left with another woman called Emma Barton when he hadn't been - he had been left home alone.'

Lincoln Crown Court heard neighbours rang the police after they heard the child crying and saw him through the letter box.

'He was dirty, partially dressed, shaking and cold. He had been penned into the kitchen using a baby gate, making it impossible to get into the rest of the flat.

'That shows some deliberate act of abandonment, some effort to leave him home alone in a room where food and water is,' Miss Gerry added.

Tollerton, who police found at her boyfriend's home, later told officers the child had been left with a friend called Emma Barton.

But Ms Barton told detectives she had spent the weekend with her boyfriend, not looking after the child, and had not been in contact with Tollerton since the previous month.

Tollerton denies child cruelty and perverting the course of justice in November, 2006. The trial continues.

June 02, 2008
Seems to me like she was a pretty good parent, considering. She didn't starve him to death, she didn't beat him to death, she didn't leave him chained out in the yard, she didn't lock him in a closet for years, she didn't keep him in a dog kennel, she didn't sell him, she didn't get him drunk or high.

From the dozens of other examples of parenting I read, she almost qualifies for mother of the year.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login