Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

YOU SHOULD DIE AT THE AGE 9.3 kids are told

Posted by mercurior 
YOU SHOULD DIE AT THE AGE 9.3 kids are told
June 02, 2008
http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/greenhouse_calc.htm

found via

http://wattsupwiththat.wordpress.com/2008/05/31/tv-network-tells-kids-when-their-carbon-footprint-says-they-should-die/#comment-16439

screen above says: When you’re done, click on the (skull and crossbones) to find out what age you should die at so you don’t use more than your fair share of Earth’s resources!

Hat tip to CallonJim who writes:

This “kids” games at the Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tell’s kids depending on their magical “carbon footprint” how long they should live?

The actual title is “Professor Schpinkee’s Greenhouse Calculator - find out when you should die!”

The thing I find amazing is the average foot print is 24.6 tonnes of CO2, which calculates out to 9.3 years old! Where it tells the child “YOU SHOULD DIE AT THE AGE 9.3!” Guess what age this kids games is marketed to? That’s right, 9 year olds.

edited... i took it and apparently i should have died at 15.8 years old

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: YOU SHOULD DIE AT THE AGE 9.3 kids are told
June 02, 2008
on a related note

apparently the climate change "deniers" are worse than the fritzel thing you know the one were he raped his daughter and got her pregnant

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1023545/People-dont-care-climate-change-bad-dungeon-father-Fritzl-claims-Bishop.html

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 02, 2008
HA! EXCELLENT!
I got 96.

Pays to be broke, childfree and in the city!
June 02, 2008
I got a 44, which I think is bullshit. According to the calculator, I only use 2 tonnes more than the "green pig".

I guess it's because I have to have a car for work. Not everyone who works has the luxury of being in one place all day, and not every employer is going to be generous enough to pay employees in areas with shitty public transportation to be on the bus for 2 hours a day to get to/from off site work. Funny that.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Hey Merc, I set it on lowest CO2 as the greeniest person and it said "I can live forever".

Live forever? Year right.
That's funny. I will sit back and wait on the first lawsuit where a kids hangs itself with a jumprope on his tenth birthday, since the test said that's the age he should die. He will probably have a mother who listens to the GPS in her car when it tells her to make a right turn landing her in the Ohio river. If breeders were honest with themselves, they would admit that there is NO WAY they can call themselves "green", and no amount of hauling newspapers and rinsed out Pepsi cans in their SUV to the recycling center, which will cancel out the toxic effects their brood will undoubtedly have on the planet.
August 04, 2008
There are no environmentalists with children if you ask me.

Having a child here, in as heavily wasteful a society as the US, is the single most environmentally damaging thing one can do.

Oh, but "they're our future," I forgot. Well, the future would have been better off without them.
August 04, 2008
15.1. Too bad- I'm living long enough to keep making the little pikers cry when they get in my way. Can you imagine the breeders scores???? They'd be in the minuses.
August 04, 2008
yes.. fun ... isnt it.. giving kids the feeling of guilt for living..

Anonymous User
August 04, 2008
i should have only lived for 2.5 yearsThank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login