Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2721 Robert Frost House Vandalized

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2721 Robert Frost House Vandalized
June 03, 2008
OK, this is where it crosses the line. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Robert Frost! Everytime we're in Vermont, we stop at the Old First Church in Bennington to visit his gravesite.

Fucking disrespectful little bastards. They should have to do FAR MORE than take a class of his poetry. It just goes to show how dumb and uncaring today's youth are. No respect for anything or anybody. And why? Because their asshole parents taught them NOTHING.

Oh, I noticed the one boy has made the decision that he will be breeding one day - now THERE'S something to look forward to, "I'll be carrying on the family name and all that. And with this kind of thing tied to me, it doesn't look very good." I hope the little fucker is sterile.

I think I should be in charge of their punishment.......
That CF Chick
Re: 2721 Robert Frost House Vandalized
June 03, 2008
The rest of their punishment is a disappointment as well. The article says that only some of them have to pay for repairs to the house, and quite a few of them are in a program that will allow their records to be wiped clean. The guy who bought the beer got three days in jail. The damage to the home could have been much, much worse, and the punishment should have been steeper to reflect the potential destruction.

The only one in this story who gets any respect from me is the teacher of the poetry class. He knows that sometimes people do change, and he wants to do what he can to promote that change. He believes in the power of literature, and I think his heart is in the right place. I just hope he won't wonder what more he could have done for these hellions when one or more of them wind up doing hard time for a crime that can't be so easily waved off by a soft-hearted judge.
Leaning toward childfree
June 03, 2008
I am an English professor. English is my LIFE. I almost had a stroke reading the article.

The disgust is in the details. They gave the vandals muffins and apple cider. One of them was even allowed to bring his SKATEBOARD to class.

I would have thrown the skateboard out. But then breeders will be screaming for blood because I'm "discounting his passions" or some crap like that.

Vomit.
June 04, 2008
From the way the story reads, they only have to attend TWO FUCKING CLASSES. (or else I'm reading it WAY wrong) And why is it that only some have to pay for some of the damages? They ALL should have to pitch in and pay for ALL the damages. AND they should have to do all the grunt work, supervised of course, to return the home to his historic state. Historic renovation/repair is a tedious bitch, and they should have to experience that...as well as a punch to the throat.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login