Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"When did being an environmentalist mean buying a bunch of shit? "

Posted by bell_flower 
I own bebe' verde. I believe I am providing a service for parents looking for safe products for their children. I try to find products that are reasonably priced. I think people should buy fewer things, but the things they do purchase should be safe and made in an eco-friendly, socially responsible manner. I will tell a customer when they don't need something. I believe I am an honest merchant filling a need in the community. I am not a suburban transplant, I have lived in Montrose since 1984. I feel opening my business in the location I have, has kept another original Montrose home from being torn down for redevelopment.
tami nelson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I own bebe' verde. I believe I am providing a
> service for parents looking for safe products for
> their children. I try to find products that are
> reasonably priced. I think people should buy fewer
> things, but the things they do purchase should be
> safe and made in an eco-friendly, socially
> responsible manner. I will tell a customer when
> they don't need something. I believe I am an
> honest merchant filling a need in the community. I
> am not a suburban transplant, I have lived in
> Montrose since 1984. I feel opening my business in
> the location I have, has kept another original
> Montrose home from being torn down for
> redevelopment.

Tami, I guess we can all appreciate the fact that you own a business and are not sucking away our tax dollars via the welfare system, and it's good that you think people should buy fewer things, and the things they do buy need to be durable and green. This is all good and fine...

Now, my beef with you is not that you have a store or even sell green things to breeders, my beef has to do more with your personal belief system.

Bringing more humans into this world is NOT green. There is no way to "green" the birth of a new human. Every human consumes, even if they consume green and buy less, they still consume. There is not enough "green" activities that anyone can possibly do so that everyone, right here, right now, worldwide, has enough to eat, drink, and live, we are that short on resources that we cannot take care of the people already here.

Tami, if you really want to live a green lifestyle, not just operate a store for moos who pretend they are green, get sterilized and raise the children you have to become childfree adults.

This is how you save the planet.
nowhiggers: see this tami person for who he/she is: looking for another place on the internet to advertise her 'stuff'. Want to 'sell green'?
Start a honey-bee business. GMAFB
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login