Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple Faces Charges After Nearly Starving Toddler to Death, Police Say

Posted by catmeow 
Couple Faces Charges After Nearly Starving Toddler to Death, Police Say
June 26, 2008
HOLDEN, Mass. — A Massachusetts couple is facing charges after officials say they nearly starved their toddler to death.

Police say the 2-year-old son of Kellie and Joshua Theriault of Holden, Mass., weighed just 17 pounds when police went to their house in February. The visit came after an anonymous caller reported the boy had bruises on his face.

At the time, the state removed the boy and three siblings from the house.

The Theriaults are scheduled to appear in court next month to face misdemeanor charges of reckless endangerment.

The case is complicated by conflicting testimony from two doctors.

Dr. Rebecca Moles at UMass Memorial Medical Center said the boy would have died if he hadn't been removed from the house.

The boy's family doctor, Dr. William Blake, said the boy was undersized, but healthy.

The Theriaults are examples of people who should be spayed or neutered.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
stupid breeders
Misdemeanor?! Almost starivng a kid to death is a fucking misdemeanour?!

What the fuck is wrong with this picture? They should be put in jail and the key thrown away. I hate kids and even I would never do that to one! You don't want the kid, put it up for adoption!
MerlynHerne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Misdemeanor?! Almost starivng a kid to death is a
> fucking misdemeanour?!
>

That's because the kid is their own. Had anyone else done it, the breeders would want the most severe punishment for that person.

Yes, this double standard sucks.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
catmeow Wrote:
> MerlynHerne Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Misdemeanor?! Almost starivng a kid to death is
> a
> > fucking misdemeanour?!
> >
>
> That's because the kid is their own. Had anyone
> else done it, the breeders would want the most
> severe punishment for that person.
>
> Yes, this double standard sucks.

yep yep, if someone else had done this they would be looking at life in prison.

The laws are written by breeders and cater to breeders, just like the tax system and the welfare system.
Same with car accidents. I worked as a bagger at a supermarket back in the Day. A female customer, who lived in Stinson Beach, CA, had passed in a no-pass zone on the windy road back to the Beach one late rainy night. There was a head-on collision and one of the woman's children (a son) was killed. The mother got a negligent homicide charge but was let off with probation as the prosecutor felt she "suffered enough". Had another driver passed in the no-passing and killed the child in the other vehicle, the book would have been thrown at him/her which would mean jail time. Yes, it is a double standard.
MerlynHerne Wrote:
> Misdemeanor?! Almost starivng a kid to death is a
> fucking misdemeanour?!
>
> What the fuck is wrong with this picture? They
> should be put in jail and the key thrown away. I
> hate kids and even I would never do that to one!
> You don't want the kid, put it up for adoption!

This is what I hate about our fundie laws that are geared towards pro-fetus. Our legal system wants to fight for the life of a fetus (anti-abortionists) but we could care less about the well being of a child that has been born. Inflicting serious pain and jeopardizing it's life seems like a small offense in the eyes of law.
I also think it should be deemed abuse when a child is grossly overweight. Barring any legit health problems which cause obesity, if a child is so overweight that it's noticeable, I think action should be taken.
What really makes me wonder is why parents can get away with doing shit like this to their kid - or worse - YET anyone else who does anything to a kid not related to them gets FAR worse punishment? Can anybody answer this for me?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login