Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2777 Bizzee Moos and Bored Kids

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2777 Bizzee Moos and Bored Kids
June 30, 2008
If I had complained I was bored as a kid, my mom would have handed me a busket of water and rag and told me to go clean something.

Boredom was never in our vocabulary as kids. We had way too much of an imagination. Something that's gone by the wayside for the stupid kids of today's generations. Famblees today are so pathetic.
We must have had the same mother. After being made to clean my room a couple of times, I wised up and stopped whining about being bored in front of Mom. Of course, she'd be reported to CPS today.
Re: 2777 Bizzee Moos and Bored Kids
June 30, 2008
Yeah, my mum was that way, too. "You're bored? No Problem!" and then she'd find something for me to do--generally something I hated. But then, it didn't happen a lot since I was playing with kids down the block. I bet we had way more fun than these kids today..we didn't have to have these stupid play dates AND we hd functioning imaginations. How are kids supposed to have one of those today? If it isn't on the computer or on TV, they can't deal.

I'd hate being a kid today...from my point of view, it honestly sucks! They're a lot more spoiled than even affluent kids were, but also a hell of a lot less happy than most kids back in the 50sand 60s.
June 30, 2008
Same here! I knew better than to say, "I'm booooooooorred." I would be given a chore in a NY Minute. I was just happy playing outside even at fifteen years of age. Give me roller skates or a skateboard and I was thrilled. Hide-and-seek or just sitting in a tree were also fun. Children are less happy today despite all of the electronic doo-dads they can play with and program. Girls, especially, seem to grow up too fast. Many girls would not want to play like youngsters should in their early teens.
June 30, 2008
You know, I've noticed that, amethusos. These kids are growing up way the hell too fast. I loved playing various games until into my early teens. I got less social in high school, but I enjoyed painting and reading at home or still playing around (our favourite game was "Star Trek"). I could ALWAYS stay entertained.

But then, we didn't have "role models" like Bratney Spears or Bareass Hilton, either. And just look at kids' clothing, specifically that on offer for little girls. What parent with ANY common sense at all would allow their kids to go out rigged out like mini-hos? Yeah, they grow up too fast and it is the fault of their parents. It's really a bummer being a kid these days--if I were and I were at all prone to depression, the crap that passes for childhood would push me over the edge!
June 30, 2008
Dolls tend for young girls tend to be skanky. Bratz is one example. Type in skankwear in Yahoo's Search and Bratz showed up as the first option. I am surprised there is not a doll of a pregnant high schooler. I guess Strawberry Shortcake will be in rehab soon. There was one girl in high school who hung out with much older girls, who lived in my friend's apartment complex in Millbrae, CA. My schoolmate looked at me with disdain as my friend and I ran out to play when I was 15. Yet, I was not the one who had drug problems in high school and had sex by age 13.
bratBgone
June 30, 2008
My mom used to say "Boredom is a sign of low intelligence. You're not stupid are you?" My siblings and I rarely confessed boredom! We would also have been given yardwork if we complained of nothing to do. Those damned abusive parents of mine! smiling smiley

You all are so right about kids not having the fun we used to we we were all little. I loved to play outside.
CFBitchfromLA
June 30, 2008
LOL! My mom and dad were the same. If I said I was bored, they would start making out a list of chores. I learned very quickly just to contribute to the household and make my own entertainment.

Dogs are so much easier than brats. Barclay never complains if the cable goes out or the internet connection is down.
nowhiggers
June 30, 2008
Unlike a lot of you here, it would seem, I had a breeder raising me instead of a parent.. at least then she was like that, she's better now that she's old, but back then she was a teenage single moo so go figure, they're more likely to be breeders.

I was rarely given any chore except yelled at to clean my room. Nothing I did to contribute was acceptable, so she did not want me doing anything. I actually used to ask when i was "bored" and was told a resounding NO. lol. it's pretty fucked up to say the least. It made it hard as a young adult to know how and when to do those tasks, I was a terrible housekeeper when I was younger because i just didn't know how to do it right. a few roommates later and i learned by example and doing though.. lol.

Breeders not only make it hard on the cf, or society in general, they also make it hard on the kid. I had my ass beat to the point of bordering on abuse, so it wasn't for lack of discipline, what it was really about was a teen moo that had no business having any kids to start with and that was not cut out for parenthood.

Now that i'm older, i've actually told her, "look, it's a shame abortions were illegal back then, you shouldn't have had any kids" and she'll agree with me. we're pretty close these days.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2008
i remember when we were kids our bikes were meant everthing to us. we would go out riding all day maybe drop in back home for some lunch and buy the end of the day we were exhausted.
now i see the nephew who is almost 7 still cant ride a bike properly his breeder mother doesnt want him to hurt himself and at xmas he had just recieved a heap of presents from the inlaws and after about half an hour he said he was bored i could not believe it. my partner and i didnt buy him any presents we sponsered an animal at the zoo for him and his sister. and another thing i dont remember hanging around shopping malls when i was a kid either
July 01, 2008
I don't remember ever being bored when I was a kid. I played outside or went bike riding or roller skating with friends. If it rained I had my books, art supplies, Barbies, etc. I also enjoyed writing poems and short stories. Oh, I guess those things would require too much imagination for today's coddled snowflakes.
July 01, 2008
It doesn't help that most of them are consistently more medicated than Jerry Garcia could have ever imagined. I happened across a show called "Party Patrol" or something like that. It is basically Cops at spring break, busting people in various mass party situations, I guess. Anyway, they'd bust people for being drunk/stupid and ask "Do you take any medications?" and it seemed like 75% of the people answered "Yes" and then would proceed to list like 3-5 different medications they were on, and all of them were mood altering things like xanax, prozac, adderal, ritalin...etc. etc. It was quite disturbing.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login