Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2781 Insurance Costs for Companies

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
2781 Insurance Costs for Companies
July 02, 2008
What chaps my ass is that they want to dictate what you can, can't, should, should not do, yet, they don't bat an eye at covering bullshit like IVF, and related breeder bullshit.

If employees want to smoke, let them! If they want to burn themselves to death, it should be none of their concern. Breeding-related costs are far higher than mostly anything else for insurance companies.

The same companies that encourage breeding by covering this shit are the first ones to bitch when people are out because of child-related reasons and are poor producers. And they should bitch but then they shouldn't cover the shit they DO cover which enables people that shouldn't be having kids to have them.

Offering IVF coverage almost guarantees you an employee who will end up with a high maintenance kid and lots of time off for problems.
Re: 2781 Insurance Costs for Companies
July 02, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If employees want to smoke, let them! If they
> want to burn themselves to death, it should be
> none of their concern. Breeding-related costs are
> far higher than mostly anything else for insurance
> companies.

That is exactly what I say when companies test for tobacco usage to use that as a reason not to hire someone or to terminate employment. The breeder is out from work far often than the smoker who may get a bronchitis in the Winter. Heck...most people get the flu once or twice during the year. The ciggie thing is just another way for the Corporate America to keep tabs on us and dictate how we live. I would love for the same jackasses to say how they will not hire a woman if her pee test comes back that she is pregnant. But, that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.
>
> The same companies that encourage breeding by
> covering this shit are the first ones to bitch
> when people are out because of child-related
> reasons and are poor producers. And they should
> bitch but then they shouldn't cover the shit they
> DO cover which enables people that shouldn't be
> having kids to have them.
>
> Offering IVF coverage almost guarantees you an
> employee who will end up with a high maintenance
> kid and lots of time off for problems.

Tell me about it. And, we get to pay for it as well besides doing the mother's work at the job with no extra pay or even a friggin' 'THANK-YOU'...
DrDanCorelli
July 02, 2008
For the record, health insurance companies cover IVF and other assisted reproductive technology ONLY when they are forced to by law or under contractual terms.

There are many states which require a certain level of infertility coverage for health insurance plans licensed to do business within their borders. Equally, many more breederiffic companies and labor groups require this type of insurance coverage in their union contracts.
nowhiggers
July 03, 2008
doc, i'll bet you have some breeder patients coming into your office? Have any funny/horror stories to post? Have you ever laid the law down to a breeder?

Also, someone once told me, a nurse practitioner, that breeders more than anyone are the ones that come in drug seeking vicodin scripts. lol.

DrDanCorelli Wrote:
> For the record, health insurance companies cover
> IVF and other assisted reproductive technology
> ONLY when they are forced to by law or under
> contractual terms.
>
> There are many states which require a certain
> level of infertility coverage for health insurance
> plans licensed to do business within their
> borders. Equally, many more breederiffic
> companies and labor groups require this type of
> insurance coverage in their union contracts.
DrDanCorelli
July 03, 2008
I left private practice in the late 90s and went into clinical research, but I do have plenty of breeder stories to tell. My board certifications are in internal medicine (adults) and infectious diseases, and I stayed away from pediatrics and family practice precisely to avoid brats and their fucktard breeders.

One of my favorite stories from my private practice days:

Breederella walks into my office, dragging a screaming toadler behind her. She demands to see me because Bratleigh has the sniffles. I made the mistake of coming out of an exam room while dictating a patient note into my tape recorder, and moo comes around the counter and practically throws the brat at me and says she needs a prescription for it. I told her that I do not practice in pediatrics and she needs to go to the pediatrician next door. Moo starts screaming and yelling that her brat is going to die if I don't write a prescription for it. I told her that the brat is not my patient and to get the hell out of my office. She storms out and slams the door so hard that the glass panel breaks. My office manager immediately called building security, and they arranged to have the glass replaced. About ten minutes later, we hear a very loud commotion in the hall, and I stepped out to see what the problem was. Turns out the stupid breederette took the brat into a PODIATRIST's office instead of the PEDIATRICIAN's office. She turned right when she should have turned left. Moobitch had caused such a ruckus in the podiatrist's office, and they immediately called the police to eject her from their office. The police show up, and they drag moo out, kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs that they were "killing" her brat because they would not give her a prescription. The dumb bint didn't know the difference between a foot doctor and a brat doctor, and her own stupidity caused her to be arrested. For the record, she was prosecuted for making threats, a felony in that state. I don't know if she ever got the prescription, but she did show up on one of the hospital's alert notifications that she was a frequent flyer in the ER looking for narcotics.

I actually think she would benefit most from a colorectal surgeon. Maybe he could have removed her head from her ass.
Anonymous User
July 03, 2008
I suppose she was using the child as a ruse to get more narcotics.

I have a relative who is a prescription drug addict, and she's already been flagged by doctors and hospitals. She can't obtain the drug she wants anymore (vicodin). These types of addicts will do, will say ANYTHING to get more of the drug they want.
nowhiggers
July 03, 2008
someone legitimately in pain frequently may seem like a drug seeker to doctors and hospitals, it was worse 10+ years ago, nowadays they give you the "pain scale" and so forth.

Before 1913 you could buy opiate, cocaine and cannabis preparations over the counter. There are far more drug seekers and addicts now than then.

All vice substances need to be legalized, and taxed to fund rehab programs for people who want to get off of them. My old friend who was a nurse practitioner told me that drug seeking sucks up a major amount of resources in emergency rooms and doctors offices. Just fuckin let these people have what they want, and save time, $$ and resources. People are going to get their drugs, legal or illegally, there's no stopping the human desire to get high, it's part of who we are as humans across every culture and every epic of human history. The drug war is possibly the most useless and expensive thing ever devised.
July 03, 2008
DrDanCorelli Wrote:
"Breederella walks into my office, dragging a screaming toadler behind her. She demands to see me because Bratleigh has the sniffles. I made the mistake of coming out of an exam room while dictating a patient note into my tape recorder, and moo comes around the counter and practically throws the brat at me and says she needs a prescription for it. I told her that I do not practice in pediatrics and she needs to go to the pediatrician next door. Moo starts screaming and yelling that her brat is going to die if I don't write a prescription for it. I told her that the brat is not my patient and to get the hell out of my office. She storms out and slams the door so hard that the glass panel breaks. My office manager immediately called building security, and they arranged to have the glass replaced. About ten minutes later, we hear a very loud commotion in the hall, and I stepped out to see what the problem was. Turns out the stupid breederette took the brat into a PODIATRIST's office instead of the PEDIATRICIAN's office. She turned right when she should have turned left. Moobitch had caused such a ruckus in the podiatrist's office, and they immediately called the police to eject her from their office. The police show up, and they drag moo out, kicking and screaming at the top of her lungs that they were "killing" her brat because they would not give her a prescription."

Hee hee - that sounds like a scene from "House"!
July 03, 2008
Unfortunately, mandated or not, breeders drive up the cost of care for everyone. IVF, complicated delivery, numerous childhood problems and diseases...I would have no complaints if breeders paid their way. But in this, like so many things, they do not.

It's a shame there isn't a CF pool to sign up with rather than having to pay for breeders' issues--you know, like certain insurances being less if you don't drink or smoke, you get to pay a lower preium.

Great story on stupid Moo, doc. How these people survive to breed is beyond me. Oh yeah, I forgot...it's the CF and PNBs that have to pull the load. Glad to see that Moobitch got arrested. Her behaviour is unacceptable, breeder or not. If you are too fucking stupid to know the difference between a foot doctor and a brat doctor, you don't deserve to reproduce. Tie her tubes NOW!!!

My dad was a GP (yeah that dates me...oh well lol) and that behaviour would not have been tolerated in his practice, either. And if the bitch had broken the door, he would have added charges to the others generated by her mega-tantrum.

Good for you, standing up to the MooBitch. Rude bint!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login