Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mercurior is back at least halfway

Posted by mercurior 
Mercurior is back at least halfway
July 10, 2008
i lost broadband for a week.. but i am back now touch wood.. still on this "make" work "course" in the UK.. If your on this your not unemployed.. your "training".. so job figures go down (we are the hidden unemployed)

which in his case means reading old newpapers(at least a week old), and applying for jobs. (what with the uk building industry losing 6,000 jobs in 2 weeks, and possibly 30,000 by years end..)

so i am back.. will be able to talk a bit.. but the so called course is taking up most of my energy..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: Mercurior is back at least halfway
July 10, 2008
yes isnt it a coincidencewink...
only 8 more weeks to go..

its not a course in the way of learning stuff..

but one thing i did notice.. there are hardly any women on the course.. and those that are there dont have kids.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
July 11, 2008
Welcome back! we have missed you. Wishing you success in your job search- anyone who doesn't hire you is missing a great oppportunity.
July 13, 2008
Merc, I am glad to see ya! I thought that you just had enough of us and needed a break. smiling smiley

Anyways, your posts rock! Glad people like you post here!
:smoke
Anonymous User
July 13, 2008
Welcome back Merc. Sounds like a good place to meet a chick! winking smiley

Good luck with your job search, things are getting really tough everywhere.
July 13, 2008
unfortunatly str8.. theres only 3 women there.. strangely, its mostly made up of men.. and i dont swing that way LOL

July 13, 2008
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> unfortunatly str8.. theres only 3 women there..
> strangely, its mostly made up of men.. and i dont
> swing that way LOL

Hey, even 3 sometimes is better than none. Most men I know have wives/girlfriends, so you may not even have much competition after all!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login