Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2794: Dumping pets at shelters and elsewhere

Posted by catmeow 
2794: Dumping pets at shelters and elsewhere
July 11, 2008
I would prefer to see breeders bring their unruly crotchshit to shelters. If the brats don't get adopted in a week (or whatever the limit is), they get "put to sleep." The breeders will also get low-cost spay/neuter operations.

I have always wanted to see the rules applied to pets applied to brats instead.

Funds are tight for me now, but there is no way I will give up my cat.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Re: 2794: Dumping pets at shelters and elsewhere
July 11, 2008
i hear ya. I, too, wish these FFAs could be euthanised. Anyone with any sense knows that sproggen can be infinitely more destructive than any pet. Unfortunately, it's not likely to happen.
I got upset one time when volunteering at SPCA. A couple came in with their two kids. They wanted to adopt a puppy. They said they had a dog already, but it was "getting old" and no fun anymore, so they were going to trade it in for a puppy for their kids.

I was so upset that I told the adoptions counselor at SPCA what they were doing, because the SPCA can refuse an adoption to anyone, for any reason (and they frequently do).

She actually took their side and told me there was "nothing wrong with what they are doing".

I had lots of other problems with SPCA. For one thing, they are NOT a no-kill shelter, even though many people mistakenly believe they are.
July 11, 2008
casseyrod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I got upset one time when volunteering at SPCA. A
> couple came in with their two kids. They wanted to
> adopt a puppy. They said they had a dog already,
> but it was "getting old" and no fun anymore, so
> they were going to trade it in for a puppy for
> their kids.
>
Breeders are getting old and are not fun. They should be dumped somewhere and traded in for anything else.

Breeders SUCK!

July 14, 2008
The SPCA in the town I am from is a no-kill shelter and operates 100% on donations from regular people and businesses.

The people at this place pull no punches. They've told people right out when they are in the wrong, they've looked down their noses at assholes giving up pets for pathetic reasons, and they've bitched them out for it too.

They will tell people what breeds of dogs will go well with their lifestyles (though most of the dogs at the shelter are mixes and they can identify the mixes easily).

They will tell asshats that, "No wonder your cat's personality changed and it's pissing around, you had her declawed, you dumb ass." and all other unsavory things breeders don't want to hear.

They have denied adoptions to people (mostly breeders) who they know would be returning the pet in a few months.

People at these shelters are TIRED of listening to lame-assed excuses for people dumping pets.

The economy is another one. Feed your dog people food if you can't afford dog food, for christ sakes, if he can physically handle it. All my dogs have had a 100% human food diet and they've all lived to be at least 15, it's so much better for them than the shit in pet food nowadays. Just another excuse for abandoning a pet.
July 14, 2008
KFLL, I would love to see more businesses--not just animal shelters--run like that. Fuck the PC bullshit and tell it like it is!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login