Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I was told today that : "must be nice to be rich"

Posted by Anonymous User 
I was talking with a couple of my customers today, the topic came up about traveling. I told them, im traveling to Nashville in Aug, White water rafting in Sept in Tenn. and Feb of 2009 im going back to NYC.

Now mind you, these are cheaper trips, Im driving to 2 of them, and i save every dime I have to be able to go. The ladies told me "must be nice to be rich" One lady has 4 kids under the age of 17, the 17 yr old has a babyeee that lives with them.

WHAT!! RICH? Yeah right, I am in no way rich, I save, save ,save, But the main reason i find the time and money to take a few trips a year is................. SAY IT WITH ME.............

IM MOTHER FUCKEN CHILD FREE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I was told today that : "must be nice to be rich"
July 11, 2008
I would ask the bitch with the four shitsacks and one grandslutspawn, "How much does it cost me to support all those kids?" This moron who thinks you're rich must take a lot in handouts.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
great point catmeow, I should tell her maybe i could travel more if alot of my money wasnt going to pay for her and her daughters failed birth controls, god, I ReALLY do hate breeders!!
You could retort:

yes, it must be but i'll never know since I had to save for _______ months for these trips.

or, just:

Yes, it is.

fuck them w/ their own passive-aggressive sarcasm.
Oooh, I've been told that when I mentioned some trips I had been on and I said very sweetly and matter-of-fact-like:
"Oh, I'm not rich, but what's REALLY nice is that I don't have kids."
*smirk*
Once a chick responded with, "Enjoy it while it lasts." I nodded vigorously while still smiling at her and said, "Yep. For my whole life."
Ha ha ha! Funny, nokyds. I've experienced the same thing recently. I have a friend who has three young kids. I told her I was taking a trip to Georgia to go to a three-day convention. She sputtered and said, and I quote: "Oh my gosh, you're always taking trips and you stay for multiple days at a time! How can you afford that? Wow."

What the hell? I'm not rich in the least, but guess what? My husband and I both have good jobs that pay our bills, and surprise surprise....we have NO children we can't afford to suck up every last bit of funds we bring in and NO screaming hellspawn to monopolize all our free time.

Also, a co-worker with two kids recently said to me (after I told her about how good dinner was at a restaurant): "You guys went out to eat again? Well, I guess ya'll don't have no other mouths to feed other than your own."
At that moment, I wished a giant game show alarm would go off so I could yell, "*DING DING DING DING DING* That is correct! And what do we have for her, Johnny?!"
People who have to support not only their kids, but their grandkids, are usually living near poverty level.

I think one of the biggest reasons today that people are rejecting parenthood, is the fear of the child never growing up and leaving home. The child will remain a financial liability forever, or worse, the child will create more children who will suck up resources.

Children used to be an economic asset, now they are an economic liability.

Back in the old days, kids worked and helped out the family. Then they grew up and left home usually by age 18. They didn't go to college, that was not the norm back then unless you were wealthy. So parents didn't have to spend thousands to put their kids through college the way they do now.
It really is very simple. When people say to us "how do you afford that?" all you have to say is "I (we) don't have kids!" You don't need to be sarcastic, just a matter of fact statement. They usually just nod their heads and say "Oh".

Those people understand their kids are expensive and you can afford a lot more things without them, even if they are the most important thing in THEIR lives.

All because we were smart enough to use birth control.
PS
This is a real sore point with me.
i get my brother saying this sort of shit to me "it's alright for you money comes easy to you" no it doesnt my partner and i work our asses off for everything we have.or we go to some family function and we get where are you off to this time (we try and go overseas a couple of times a year)oh it must be nice being an architect and a banker yes it is but it is fucking hard work something these pricks would know nothing about..aaarrrrggggg fuck em
I'm envious, and not because of the money part, its having the time to do these types of things. I work as a contractor and we get very few paid days off. If I don't work I don't get paid, hence the lack of travel.
July 14, 2008
PS Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It really is very simple. When people say to us
> "how do you afford that?" all you have to say is
> "I (we) don't have kids!" You don't need to be
> sarcastic, just a matter of fact statement. They
> usually just nod their heads and say "Oh".
>
>
I guess I think a better answer would be "we saved up for it". As far as I can tell, most of us wouldn't be considered "rich" by any stretch of the imagination. "Middle class"? Maybe...

Granted, they stopped with me, but my parents went out of their way every year to go on an educational and fun vacation with me. How'd they manage? They saved money to do so. How do I manage to continue to have a yearly vacation? I save money for it. It's become very disturbing to me that fewer and fewer people understand the concept of saving money so that one may have fun, or something nice, in the future.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 15, 2008
Just another feeling of self-righteousness - feeling poor all the time. Wanting to tell the world how poor they are hoping for a handout from somebody.

YOU chose to have the kids now YOU wallow in financial misery.
Feh Wrote:
> It's become very disturbing to
> me that fewer and fewer people understand the
> concept of saving money so that one may have fun,
> or something nice, in the future.
Why save? We'll just put our new cars and big houses and fancy appliances and private schools on our cards and equity lines of credit. The shit is about to hit the fan for a whole lot of these people, and I'm not sympathetic.
I am not surprised about home foreclosures and the issues with equity line of credit (which was popular in the 90's and early 00's). I knew it was about to blow. People believed they did not have to save for a downpayment for a house and felt they could ignore the fact that their payment would go up. No income verification was like a boon to many fools thinking they would get the 'American Dream' without doing the hard work. Yet, so many of the same people - like an ex-husband - blasted ME for preferring to rent. I knew I could not afford a house on the income I earned even with a home warranty for repairs...but those things do not cover everything! I was not about to mess with subprime loans. My ex would have been one of those fools in foreclosure had he gotten a house. I am the opposite. To me, the American Dream means being caught further in the Wheel of Life. I do use credit cards for mail order and such but make large payments every month. One has been paid off and I immediately closed that card. I am far from rich. Just frugal.
waterlily3422(as guest)
July 15, 2008
I've gotten the same enuedos. only, you can have breakables, because you don't have kids, or you have so much energy because you don't have kids. ect. Sucks to be moo because their lives are so damn pathedic. EVen the milionair rich ones (breeder) who doe out the money are finding themsevles uber broke.
married with rabbits Wrote:
> Krishna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> I
> know people who wouldn't be caught dead living my
> life, eating the food I eat, wearing the clothes I
> have, and driving the car I drive. And well,
> sometimes I take some pride in having so little. I
> think it takes me farther in character.

I also know people like this, and they are mired deep in credit card debt and on the verge of bankruptcy.

Yeah, they wouldn't be caught dead in my 1992 Honda, but they also can't keep up with the car payments on their brand new SUVs.

They carry $500 handbags, but can't afford to eat decent meals.

They live in big tract mansions, but can't afford the monthly heating/cooling bill for such a large home, so they are working two jobs to make the McPayment on their McMansion.

I am the one laughing at their lifestyle.
My husband and I have heard the same thing from family members. We live within our means in an 1,100 square foot home. You don't need a McMansion if it's just the two of you. We also are not big shoppers, and not big about having a bunch of things, as we both hate clutter. The one thing we do rather often is eat out. We've been told by family members that we live an extravagant lifestyle because of this. It's not like we're eating at 5 diamond restaurants every night, but I don't love cooking, and I don't have to cater to sprogs--so why not?
the thing is we are not rich we just work it is just we thought about the consequences of having kids yet they dont seem to complain when you are spending money on their kids presents.
July 16, 2008
Sometimes eating out can be just as cheap as cooking in, especially when there's only one or two people.

Of course they never complain when you spend money on the chyldrunnn...that's always a totally selfless act, don'cha know?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I love the rotisserie chicken from Costco. It is comparatively cheap when you consider the energy it would take to cook it yourself, provided you have a rotisserie attachment (which I actually do, for the oven and for the charcoal grill.)
So, if I rotiss anything, I do it on the grill to get the flavor.
I don't make that much money. I just don't have a lot of expenses. I live in a small 570 sq. ft. apartment. I don't own a car and I flex car if I really need one. And most importantly, no sprogs. I don't have to buy food, toys, clothing for anyone else but me!

And I can still put away money for retirement and other goodies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login