Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Wahh! I had to give up my life to be a teen parent!"

Posted by brown-eyed diamond 
"Wahh! I had to give up my life to be a teen parent!"
August 24, 2013
On Facebook, there's a page I've "liked" called I Regret Having Children. Recently, they've began accepting anonymous submissions. Here's one of the latest.

Story
I am 19 years old and a mother to a 9 month old. I have never been the type to want children, and growing up, I have always focused on going to uni, ever since I can remember. I am academic and I found out I was pregnant the year before uni. I also dreamed of traveling and I was starting to gain momentum in a sport that I loved, which would have taken me around the world to compete.

I was crushed when I found out, so sure my dreams would all end, but my partner was soooo happy, and he promised he would be there and support me and look after the baby so I could still achieve my goals. I agreed to keep him but the feeling of not being sure if I was doing the right thing, and feeling trapped, never left. In fact, I remember being 7/8 months pregnant and still feeling the same. Everybody told me it would pass.

Well, it turns out that whilst my partner pulled his weight for the first couple of months, I am left to do most of the nurturing and chores. I am constantly run off my feet, not doing stuff for the baby but him too. I am no longer in college, and have had to stop training as my partner has decided that he doesn't wish for me to pursue it, due to the travelling aspect, and has therefore decided to do whatever he can to stop me, by refusing to watch our son so I can train etc.

The feeling of regret hasn't subsided. I feel trapped. And even worse, I still have this burning desire to fulfill my dreams, that burns more now than ever, but I feel hopeless that I have screwed up and I am never going to achieve it. My uni was my financial security- I am currently struggling to run my home. My sport was my only passion- I miss it , I yearn for it.

I feel so lost and alone, I miss my life, I am no longer me. I have always had goals and dreams but now, is this it? I will say that I love my son, nothing makes me smile like when he smiles, and I think he's cute and funny. BUT it's NOT rewarding at all.

My partner will be like, "look his first tooth," expecting me to be excited, and I'm more like, "well sure its gotta happen eventually."

I wanted to travel and compete and have a good career and be free, but now I cant and I feel trapped and I feel even worse knowing that I'm allowing somebody else to tell me no. I can't travel, as my son's father wont allow me to take the baby out of the country alone, and he refuses to cst need somebody to talk to does anybody get how I feel? frowning((

Aww! Poor moo! Maybe if she had a spine and didn't let her boyfriend make the choice for her, she could've continued with her life. "Bed, made, lie" can't be screamed loud enough.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Re: "Wahh! I had to give up my life to be a teen parent!"
August 24, 2013
Dollars to doughnuts, he'll dump her ass within the next year. Yeah, fuck giving up my dreams and ambitions for some suck-ass Og and his dick mucus!

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
August 24, 2013
Why the fuck didn't she ever consider abortion?

Why do these idiots always assume that once they are inpig, that they have NO other CHOICE?

An afternoon visit to a clinic, and then she could have her life back.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
August 25, 2013
Moo could always give all parental rights to duh and walk away. She could also put the loaf up for adoption and walk away. Too bad these things aren't even considered.

Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia, paranoid. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. They're all out to get me they're all out to get me, so are you. So are you. (Sung to the tune of Frere Jaques.)
August 25, 2013
My mom fell for the same bullshit too. She thought my duh would stick around and help with raising me. Alas, the only thing that really mattered to him was the fact his dick worked. Only he wasn’t as controlling as this asshole. I think Moo still has a chance. If she’s really that unhappy, she should leave golden penis with duhddy and get the hell out of dodge. Go to college, get a job, go achieve her dreams. Duhs run for the hills all the time. Why can’t moos?
Unfortunately, there’s a better chance of a post-natal abortion than moo taking back her life. Especially when Loafley reaches the toadler stage.
And if he doesn’t end up locked in a hot car, drowned in a kiddy pool or accidentally wandered off and fell into a creek, moo will end up living her life through her kid. And then he would end up miserable because he might not like the same things as moomie. Then moomie would be even more miserable because how dare Junior not want to live out moomie’s dreams! And let’s not forget the fact she’ll end up a jealous, unhappy breeder who screams “Selfish!” every time a cf relative or friend or stranger for that matter makes the choice not to have children.
drake
Why the fuck didn't she ever consider abortion?

Why do these idiots always assume that once they are inpig, that they have NO other CHOICE?

An afternoon visit to a clinic, and then she could have her life back.

Right? If she's so fucking miserable, and knew before it even happened that she WOULD be miserable, why the hell didn't she abort?

She made a series of retarded decisions. I don't know what she was doing for contraception, so I couldn't say whether she was half-way intelligent about that, but given all the other shitty decisions she made, I doubt it.

Then she didn't even consider abortion or adoption. Apparently she's interested in sports, and quite honestly, when you're a woman athlete, sluicing pretty much wrecks your career. She wouldn't be in any shape to make it to the top anyway after that. Just stupid.

Then she BELIEVED the oldest line in the Og Dik Worx book: "I swear I'll do everything to take care of it, blah blah blah." It's like a 5-year-old begging for a puppy, and it's ALWAYS a lie. ALWAYS. Everyone knows that. Everyone knows guys never do shit when it comes to raising loaves they talked the woman into having. And she fell for it.

Then when she finally woke up and smelled the coffee, she didn't do anything about it. As satansbitch said, she still could have done something about it even at that point. It's not like a resentful moo is any prize anyway. The kid wouldn't be at much of a loss.

But she didn't do any of those things she could have done to avoid this situation.

Yet another case of...

:bedmadelie
Snark Shark
WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T SHE ABORT???

There's still time!

Just to be spiteful, is there any way to add a reply anonymously (I have never used Facebook so I don't know how it works) pretending to be a sympathetic fellow moo suggesting she leave it in a hot car or not supervising it near a pond and see what the responses are? Or is that really mean?
August 25, 2013
coco_uk
Snark Shark

There's still time!

Just to be spiteful, is there any way to add a reply anonymously (I have never used Facebook so I don't know how it works) pretending to be a sympathetic fellow moo suggesting she leave it in a hot car or not supervising it near a pond and see what the responses are? Or is that really mean?

You'd have to sign up for face fart, as I call it, and like the page in order to do that. The moos would think that's really mean but it would give me a very good laugh.

Paranoia, paranoia, paranoia, paranoid. I'm not sick, but I'm not well. They're all out to get me they're all out to get me, so are you. So are you. (Sung to the tune of Frere Jaques.)
August 25, 2013
I really can't seem to put my finger on it...why do they want to raise it? Why? Why? Why? Don't they know their life is over once a baby comes into the world?
And she actually believed the lie... I'm surprised no one told her she was making a huge mistake. A HUGE mistake! If one of my close friends got pregnant I'd tell them that. No matter how much you think it'll be worth it, it won't. It's never worth it for women who dream high. Unless your dream is to be a mother, don't have a child before you achieve your goals!
It freaks me out that she wanted to do the same thing I want (minus the sport) and chose to trap herself. When pregnancy comes to my mind the first thing I think is abortion. I find it funny they always think they have to have it, because the boyfriend said he'd always be there and help her achieve her dreams. Ha! Darling, have you ever stopped to think he didn't want you to succeed and found the best way to keep you low and needy? The fact that he doesn't want you to fulfill your dream says all...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
I live in a country where abortion on demand isn't a thing so I don't question why she didn't just abort. Maybe she couldn't afford it or something. However, I do question why she hasn't abandoned the thing with its dud and made a run for it or why she hasn't considered adopting it out.
August 25, 2013
popcornculturejunkie
Dollars to doughnuts, he'll dump her ass within the next year. Yeah, fuck giving up my dreams and ambitions for some suck-ass Og and his dick mucus!

THANK YOU! For reminding me that I bought some cinnamon donuts yesterday - I was just sitting here wondering what to eat. Tired of toast. I do have this apple coffee cake also - it's crappy. Is it possible to ruin a coffee cake? Yes, yes it is. It's like blah bread with some sour apples tossed in the middle.

Cinnamon donuts it is! smiling smiley

Hey, the CF have tough decisions to make too you know! grinning smiley
First of all, use goddamn birth control.

Second of all, what kind of weak, pathetic person jeopardizes their dreams and goals for that shit, especially when she states that she had the feeling of "... of not being sure if I was doing the right thing, and feeling trapped..."? Just because the dick slime donor whined about it? Just reminds me of this huge drama crap that one of my friends is going through, I gotta remember to post about that soon. It's a huge train wreck.

Don't really have any sympathy for this female, only disgust for being such a weak tool and too dumb to keep abreast of birth control, especially since she had other plans that would have enabled her to amount to more than just a brood sow.
August 25, 2013
Aw, diddums! :Violin Sorry, no sympathy for the stupid bitch.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

August 25, 2013
This is why teens who are too fucking stupid to use birth control or get abortions should find some other hobby besides fucking dicks.
August 25, 2013
I call bullshit on the whole post. That poster is full of SHIT.

Nobody I knew with brains and ambition would give it all up to pinch out a loaf as a teen. I went to an advanced high school, people smart as hell. My friends were on BC and the one person I knew who did have a condom failure could not get to the abortion clinic fast enough.

IF this is a true story, I have no pity for an idiot that ruins her entire life for a stupid ass man and a loaf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
August 25, 2013
I don't believe for a moment that she valued her academic future & sport more than keeping a man smile rolling left righteyes2

She valued HIM and the ability to keep HIM around more than anything. She probably did have some doubts but they were clearly overpowered by her desire to play house. She readily believed the lie that he would do his part because it agreed with her deep down desire. Many teen girls look at the world of academic study/competitive sport and think that becoming a moomy will give them an easier route to achievement and rank in society.

But there are millions of ambitious teens out there who study, compete, and live every day and they don't let a clingy, possessive boyfriend's idiotic promises determine the course of their lives in such a drastic manner.

I get that teens have years before full brain maturity that determines executive functions. But this isn't the 1960s or 70s. Abortion and adopting out are readily available. She wanted to play house. Then, play fucking house, you dumb little bitch.
I also got pregnant at age 19. Sophomore year in college. During a very athletic (ahem) sex session with visiting boyfriend, condom broke. Nervous, but no need to panic just yet. 3 weeks later and no period, I knew it. I just knew I was pregnant. Here's what I did: Took a home test. Positive result. Went to student health and had a test. Positive result. Informed my boyfriend, who was at that time, a freshman in college. Found a clinic. The nearest one at the time was about 100 miles from my school. Made an appointment. Arranged to borrow a friend's car. Made the drive to the clinic. Met my boyfriend at the clinic. He brought the $300 to pay for abortion. Had the abortion. Boyfriend and I had lunch afterwards (I was really hungry!) then said our good byes and I drove back to school. All this happened in 1 week. The year was 1978. No ruined lives, no regrets. I did what was needed to be done. And my boyfriend, now my husband of 32 years, was in absolute agreement.

I too am always puzzled by women (and I've met a few over the years) who really think their only option is birth and servitude to their mistake. It was just so crystal clear to me.
me in az
I also got pregnant at age 19. Sophomore year in college. During a very athletic (ahem) sex session with visiting boyfriend, condom broke. Nervous, but no need to panic just yet. 3 weeks later and no period, I knew it. I just knew I was pregnant. Here's what I did: Took a home test. Positive result. Went to student health and had a test. Positive result. Informed my boyfriend, who was at that time, a freshman in college. Found a clinic. The nearest one at the time was about 100 miles from my school. Made an appointment. Arranged to borrow a friend's car. Made the drive to the clinic. Met my boyfriend at the clinic. He brought the $300 to pay for abortion. Had the abortion. Boyfriend and I had lunch afterwards (I was really hungry!) then said our good byes and I drove back to school. All this happened in 1 week. The year was 1978. No ruined lives, no regrets. I did what was needed to be done. And my boyfriend, now my husband of 32 years, was in absolute agreement.

I too am always puzzled by women (and I've met a few over the years) who really think their only option is birth and servitude to their mistake. It was just so crystal clear to me.

Yup. I had one at 22. We had a condom break, and when I ran the rest of the box through some paces (I've helped with sex ed demos, so I know what a condom SHOULD be able to take), every single one of them broke. I know how to store condoms, and I know how to use condoms. I just got a bad box. Nobody's fault.

I took EC within 12 hours, but I lost the luck of the draw yet again. It didn't work.

I never had any second thoughts or even considered NOT getting an abortion. It seemed so damn obvious. The only emotion I felt, really, was pissed off that I got so unlucky to begin with. Two contraceptive failures back-to-back? Really??

But such is life, and at the end of the day, that abortion was well worth a few hundred bucks. That few hundred bucks was a small price for my happiness.

I too will never understand what makes women feel obligated to give birth AND keep it knowing it will destroy their lives. Seriously, it is just not that big a deal. It's the price of a laptop and some discomfort to get YOUR LIFE back. That seems almost trivial to me.

But we live in a culture that has spend unfathomable amounts of time and energy trying to personify embryos and make women feel like their proper place in life is as an incubator. Quite frankly, I don't even care if it is a person. No one has a right to hurt me or destroy my life. It's simple as pie.

CFinPenthouse
I don't believe for a moment that she valued her academic future & sport more than keeping a man smile rolling left righteyes2

She valued HIM and the ability to keep HIM around more than anything. She probably did have some doubts but they were clearly overpowered by her desire to play house. She readily believed the lie that he would do his part because it agreed with her deep down desire. Many teen girls look at the world of academic study/competitive sport and think that becoming a moomy will give them an easier route to achievement and rank in society.

But there are millions of ambitious teens out there who study, compete, and live every day and they don't let a clingy, possessive boyfriend's idiotic promises determine the course of their lives in such a drastic manner.

I get that teens have years before full brain maturity that determines executive functions. But this isn't the 1960s or 70s. Abortion and adopting out are readily available. She wanted to play house. Then, play fucking house, you dumb little bitch.

This occurred to me too. I have my doubts that someone who actually possesses the drive and intelligence to ACHIEVE such lofty dreams would make such a series of idiotic and self-deprecating decisions.

The reality is she probably wouldn't have made the cut whether she'd gotten knocked up or not.

She's probably a product of the "everyone gets a gold star" generation who believed she was a special snowflake who could do anything, when in reality she couldn't be more average if she tried.
August 25, 2013
lilin_unite
me in az

Yup. I had one at 22. We had a condom break, and when I ran the rest of the box through some paces (I've helped with sex ed demos, so I know what a condom SHOULD be able to take), every single one of them broke. I know how to store condoms, and I know how to use condoms. I just got a bad box. Nobody's fault.

I took EC within 12 hours, but I lost the luck of the draw yet again. It didn't work.

I never had any second thoughts or even considered NOT getting an abortion. It seemed so damn obvious. The only emotion I felt, really, was pissed off that I got so unlucky to begin with. Two contraceptive failures back-to-back? Really??

But such is life, and at the end of the day, that abortion was well worth a few hundred bucks. That few hundred bucks was a small price for my happiness.

I too will never understand what makes women feel obligated to give birth AND keep it knowing it will destroy their lives. Seriously, it is just not that big a deal. It's the price of a laptop and some discomfort to get YOUR LIFE back. That seems almost trivial to me.

But we live in a culture that has spend unfathomable amounts of time and energy trying to personify embryos and make women feel like their proper place in life is as an incubator. Quite frankly, I don't even care if it is a person. No one has a right to hurt me or destroy my life. It's simple as pie.

CFinPenthouse

This occurred to me too. I had my doubts that someone who actually possesses the drive and will power to ACHIEVE such lofty dreams would make such a series of idiotic and self-deprecating decisions.

The reality is she probably wouldn't have made the cut whether she'd gotten knocked up or not.

Yeah, another friend of mine back in the day had the same thing happen. Bad box of condoms that all broke. She and her boyfriend had used condoms for a long time, so it wasn't a rookie mistake of putting them on wrong.

Fortunately, she dodged the bullet and did not get knocked up. It was a nerve wracking time for her though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
Dingo8YourBaby
Yeah, another friend of mine back in the day had the same thing happen. Bad box of condoms that all broke. She and her boyfriend had used condoms for a long time, so it wasn't a rookie mistake of putting them on wrong.

Fortunately, she dodged the bullet and did not get knocked up. It was a nerve wracking time for her though.

Yup, it happens. I relied on condoms for 7 years (I can't be on hormonal BC or get an IUD) until I got my tubal, and that was the only failure I've ever had in my life. Just my luck, right?

I suspect, if there was any mistake, that it was buying a cheaper brand at a cheaper store. I usually get Durex from drug stores only. Durex is one of the most tightly controlled condom brands around, and drug stores have faster turn-over, which means fresher supply. I don't know if that would have actually changed anything, but it couldn't possibly hurt, and I never did that again.

But it was actually my abortion that finally led me to a doctor who was willing to do a tubal on me, so you know, it turned out pretty well all things considered.
August 26, 2013
I was 25 when two forms of birth control failed for me - The Pill and the Dalkon Shield IUD, which I'd only had a couple weeks. At the time I lived in a European country where abortion was only allowed to save the life of the mother; I had to fly to London to get a scrape, and I couldn't get it arranged fast enough. Dog bless Mother England!
August 26, 2013
lilin_unite
She's probably a product of the "everyone gets a gold star" generation who believed she was a special snowflake who could do anything, when in reality she couldn't be more average if she tried.

Like this?

August 26, 2013
I can't imagine what this moo was thinking believing her wannaduh. It's all rainbows and dickcake where they hear what they wanna hear, yet no one actually thinks things through. Like others above have said: she couldn't have actually thought giving up a career and future like that was worth her mantard and sprogling. She couldn't have been that serious about these choices since she ended up shitting out a loaf.

Also, looking at the actual writing of this post, it looks like it was written by someone who actually has grasp of their native language. I call bullshit on this being written by some late teen/early 20s moo. I could actually read the whole thing! drinking coffee
coco_uk
Snark Shark

There's still time!

ROFLMFAO waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious
August 27, 2013
icyveinedcfguy
Also, looking at the actual writing of this post, it looks like it was written by someone who actually has grasp of their native language. I call bullshit on this being written by some late teen/early 20s moo. I could actually read the whole thing! drinking coffee

Her ability to write a coherent sentence may be why she thought she had a shot at an academic career. Of course that is bullshit, you can't tell until the person has completed at least a master's degree if there's even the potential for an academic career, because up until that point, there's been no research. And it isn't until the person has completed a PhD that you know if the other skills are there, such as the ability for self-directed work and a flair for posing good research questions.

Any 19-year-old talking about what she could have been is only creating excuses for her failure to actually do it. The fact that she sabotaged her own efforts is pretty clear evidence to me that she couldn't have done it, if only because she lacked the self-confidence to give it a decent try and instead opted out of trying in the first place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login