Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1047 - Sex is for making babies

Posted by Cambion 
That was one of the many reasons why I decided to tell God to go fuck himself. I think it's ridiculous that some Catholics believe that sex is meant to serve no purpose further than reproduction. That's not the religious standpoint - that's the biological one. If Catholics really believe that, then they damn well better not be fucking for pleasure.

In fact, if sex was meant only for procreating, why do people even need to have sex? Intercourse is not required to conceive; a man can ejaculate into or onto something, suck the semen into a turkey baster, and impregnate the woman like that. He doesn't need to stick it to her to knock her up. Catholics may as well imply that they never get horny.

In conclusion, I'll say this...sex was NOT meant for procreation. If it was, it would not be synonymous with ther term "love-making". And from the Catholic perspective, I say that children are God's way of saying "Should have used a condom".

If your genitals were only for procreation, why the fuck did your glorious maker put so many goddamned nerve endings there to make it feel so good...and then give us free will...AND THEN MAKE IT SIN?? Sorry, that's just cruel, and I'm not going to worship some freaky sadist god.
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1047 - Sex is for making babies
March 09, 2006
Not quite my point: this is NOT found in scripture anywhere; this was something Catholics added in (like a lot of other things that God never intended).
This is an exclusively Catholic 'thing'. I really don't know of any other religions that states that sex is only for procreation, and that only...
Catholics have lots of kiddies (more than the protestants do) is because they are programmed to have kiddies.
mercurior 1
March 09, 2006
i am a catholic, technically that is, many years ago i thought bugger this for a game of soldiers, and stopped beleiving officially, i think a lot of catholics arent as rabid as some of the stories make out. some are i have to admit that. its like the monty python song every sperm is sacred, some of the more rabid catholics beleive that having a kid must be worshipping god in some way, so the more kids you have the more a good catholic you are. very much like some of christians in america particularly in the bible belt.

however.. a lot of these highly religious catholics, they dont actually practice certain commandments, if you know what i mean.

luckily most of the catholics my age 33 are learning the hypocrisy of the so called religious groups.
Just because someone is religious, doesn't necessarily make them a fundie. With all of the bullshit surrounding abortion, sacred sperm, and breeding for the sake of fruitful procreation, its hard to keep that in mind. In the end, hopefully common sense will prevail over someones' interpretation of God's word.
Lady Cooper
March 09, 2006
People like that really make me feel bad for the real Christians, that minority of people that focus on their religion's real main message of tolerance and love. The Christians we love to hate are the ones that only look at the details of sciptures written from a 2000 year old culture, instead of the real message.
Latrodectra
March 09, 2006
"The Christians we love to hate are the ones that only look at the details of sciptures written from a 2000 year old culture, instead of the real message."

I call those people Kristians, the K is for Kooky (ideas for other things starting with K welcomed) because they really have no idea how to pratice the faith they claim to hold so dear.

As far as Catholics go, the reason they have so many kids is because birth control is a sin so of course they get urges and wind up with a house full of kids. However, it does seem like Catholics do worship kids. My ex-fiances family was Catholic and at his funeral service someone brought their baby in who would make noise once in a while. The priest giving the service stopped and said it was fine that the baby was going off, went into a speech about how wonderful children and how they're a blessing from god, blah, blah, blah. Kind of disrespectful I think but what do I know, I study buddhism.
Latrodectra
March 09, 2006
Opps, forgot to add something.

I would have loved to see the look on the guys face as he was sputtering. That must have been priceless!
Anonymous User
March 10, 2006
It suuuuuuure was..
Hoist by his own petard...
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 10, 2006
NO WAY! Sex is for FUN!!! Thank the gods for vasectomies, tubals, condoms, and every other form of birth control there is!!!! YEEEEHAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Computer Nerd
March 11, 2006
The same reason I feel (my humble opinion, but not to offend anyone) that catholics are hipocrytes (sp?) is the same reason I thank GOD I'm Lutheran. My religion believes that birth control is NOT a sin and sex is for PLEASURE! Well, I also feel that many catholic only care about their riturals instead of God, forgivness of sin, everlasting GOD, salvation, and so forth and so on. It doesn't matter if your Lutheran of the Missouri, or Wisconsin synod (although the Wisconsin synod tends to be the strictest) If you EVER had your fill on Catholism, check out Lutheranism. (This post was in NO way to preach or to be "holier than thou." but to simply state my view in a humble way.)
mercurior 1
March 11, 2006
not many catholics beleive, unless they are the really radical ones, and theres not that many of them (at least in the UK). we dont get preachers, we listen to the pope, but say he doesnt know about real life and we just go on doing our own stuff.

nerd i would have said SOME, thats the only comment i have, and i totally agree with this** I also feel that many catholic only care about their riturals instead of God, forgivness of sin, everlasting GOD, salvation, and so forth and so on**

i am lapsed, i dont beleive in any god at all, i am an athiest/agnostic unfortunatly there is no religion for them.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.