Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Are you ever proud of childed people?

Posted by Feh 
Are you ever proud of childed people?
July 21, 2008
So we have given that a certain number of people are going to procreate. And more likely than not, we'll each know at least a couple people who have or will procreate. We may even know of people who have specifically said their life's goal was to have a family with children. We may even be close friends with someone who chooses to procreate.

Do you ever say to yourself "I think so-and-so made the right choice by being a parent. They're doing a pretty good job." If so, when was the last time you said that? What was the situation? Were you close to this person?

If it helps: I am acquainted with a couple who are following the life script to the letter. My CF gaze always falls upon them because they're the folks closest to me who've bred. (I'm blessed that my closest friends are quite firmly CF.) Part of me feels they're sensible people, part of me feels duped. Married with a big white wedding in their mid-20's, sprogged 1 year later, bought a condo a few months after that, 2 new vehicles in the garage, and now sprogging again.

Now that I look back on this, I don't actually know why I ever thought they were sensible except they are quite good about seeking out local food producers and cooking from scratch, but that's about it. I actively disapprove of how they're raising their son to be an illiterate mouth breather and I can only anticipate horror at the shallowness they'll instill in their daughter.

Now that I think about it, I only know of 4 people who I'd ever say "they should have had children, seemed happy to have the responsibility and did a good job" and that is my dad's parents, and his sister and brother in law.

I love my parents, and am the person I am today because of their influence. In the grand scheme of things, they did a good job. However, I've done the math and know that they both had many things they'd rather have been doing than raising me. Really, I'm only here because my mother was unwilling to risk her life in a back alley abortion.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
Re: Are you ever proud of childed people?
July 21, 2008
Are you ever proud of childed people? NO, plain and simple
July 21, 2008
I have hopes for 2 sets of families, but I must reserve judgement until the kids get older.
MwR, it is just what Feh said: How many women are forced to have sex. A lot of people find it hard to believe this can happen in North America but the culture is very different across the United States. A lot of people think it is so easy elsewhere in the world as well. It can really suck. What hardly any woman would accept on the West or East Coast cities such as San Francisco, LA, Portland, Seattle, or New York City often happens in certain parts of Louisiana, Alabama, or Mississippi towns that no one has heard about...or PR where your friend is located. In the South, it can be hard to find an abortion provider. I know nothing of PR, though, except it seemed to be the place during the abortion prohibition.

I am glad your friend allowed the child to be adopted. Funny how the guy "falls in love" with that baby but the parents of this man are the ones adopting it. I am sure Mother is taking care of it but better them than this poor woman. First thing this woman must do is get rid of this guy before she ends up pregnant again and perhaps feeling coerced to give birth. I worked with a gal from PR. You would not guess it by looking at her. She had a man from that same culture as a fiancee. Don't even ask how he spoke to her and told her what to do. Despite being in the US, this young lady had a lot of conditioning.
I'm awfully proud of my dad for being a hard worker, 110% faithful husband and a PNB father. He has my undying respect.

Granted I wouldn't want his job for anything...but the massive amount of dedication and gruntwork he's done all through the years deserves recognition all the same.

Same goes for my cousins' parents, with 5 of their own and 3 adopted kids from India. They did a great job with every single one of them. All 7 are people I'm glad are related to me.
...meant all 8. 8p
I actually met a friend of a friend a few months back, who had her infant daughter in tow. I'd heard she got pregnant, and I'd been utterly horrified - she was large, loud, frequently drunk, potty mouthed and all round pretty dysfunctional. Add to that she'd been dating the guy all of five months and you think this is going to be one of those stories.

Turns out she's sober, married (happily) to the guy who dotes on the kid, they've bought a house, and her daughter is one of the cutest kids I've ever seen (and normally I can't stand babies). She still shakes her head at how she got where she is (she hated babies) but I have to admit that it's a miraculous improvement from two years ago, and I was very impressed
Anonymous User
July 21, 2008
Good story Cat. Mine is similar with my brother. I've already mentioned the success story here a few months back so I wont bore y'all with the details again. But he was a total hell raiser. Got married, had two girls, has a successful career - the works. He's an outstanding parent and I am proud of him.
A big fat N-O. I don't have many friends, though! The few I have don't have kids. My relatives who have them really SUCK at parenting and all around LIVING.
"A big fat N-O. I don't have many friends, though! The few I have don't have kids. My relatives who have them really SUCK at parenting and all around LIVING." (Nour)

I could not agree more. I have a few friends with kids. One has kept her girls living a very unstable lifestyle going from woman to woman until there were no other ladies with good jobs to use. Then, she is no longer lesbian and is now with a man who makes good $ and wants to marry. Yet, she wonders why her mom asks if she loves the man or his assets. I feel sorry for the children who will be confused as they grow up unless this "love" is for real with the man and it lasts.

Don't get me :scr started on more. I got to get the dog out. It is dark outside.
July 21, 2008
Sure, why not. I am glad someone is willing to put up with all that, just as long as it's not me. Actually, childed people like to visit my place every now and then because they can get away from kids at my place.
Despite my last post, I do have to say my grandpa was The Best... smiling smiley
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
its funny most of the stories mentioned above are going to change. The guys who "dote" on the kiddies...lol that usually changes.

Adoptive children turn into a complete mess most of the time, I think abortion is alot better than adpotion.

I think anyone who has a baby in this day and age is nothing but a selfish asshole, When that kids is in its 20's its going to have a hard time even getting work.
July 22, 2008
I have 2 friends with teen kids, though they did a GREAT job with them, NO, I am not proud of them.

They did their duty, they fulfilled their obligation to raise a good, solid person who will be an asset to society.

That's what you are SUPPOSED to do when you decide to breed. They get no pats on the back from me.
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have 2 friends with teen kids, though they did a
> GREAT job with them, NO, I am not proud of them.
>
> They did their duty, they fulfilled their
> obligation to raise a good, solid person who will
> be an asset to society.
>
> That's what you are SUPPOSED to do when you decide
> to breed. They get no pats on the back from me.

Exactly! It is like patting a man on the back for not beating his wife or giving kudos for an employee to come to work on time. I am tired of parents feeling they need a round of applause for raising their kids to be productive citizens and for not asking for more perks for breeding.
July 22, 2008
nokyds4me Wrote:
> Are you ever proud of childed people? NO, plain
> and simple

Seconded. I have yet to see one of them do something remotely involved with the kids that has given me hope.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
Stats say that marriage and kids has a tendency to 'civilize' males. Of course, this was some years ago and we have endured several generations of 'me' conditioning. all that matters is the almighty 'me'. This tends to encourage these dumb little teenage slut moos as they are totally oblvious to reality.
Howsomever, some males will wake up and 'do the right thing' and, as such, become successful. I do respect that.
All too often, the so called parunts involved do not change on iota. They think they can continue to party, whore around, drink, etc. while caring for a sprog. Just doesnt' work. I evicted a couple with a poor widdle baaybee for just that scenario years ago.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
Just like others have said, why give them a pat on the back for something they are suppose to do.
July 22, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> Do you ever say to yourself "I think so-and-so
> made the right choice by being a parent. They're
> doing a pretty good job."

Um, to put it simply - No. Seriously, I just cant' see any reason to be proud of someone for being a parent, especially in this overpopulated world. I think there are much better accomplishments one could be proud of someone for.
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
I thought this was a thread about being proud of someone for being a GOOD parent - not for simply BEING a parent. Maybe 'proud' isn't my personal way of describing a good parent, but knowing how by brother was before his family, I am very happy for him having turned his life around - kids were a part of it. Whatever.
I'm 'proud' of the OP for trying to post a positive thread. If I recall correctly, the original BRATS! page had a place to rant, and a place to rave. Maybe we can consider this one of the raves - it's really not that hard to contribute something positive here once in a blue moon.
July 23, 2008
Well "proud" may have been the wrong word...and I was talking more about people who've already had kids. Obviously, once you've had kids there isn't much legally you can do to remove them from the surface population...beyond "forgetting" them in the car with the windows rolled up on a hot summer's day.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I have to say the better word would be "shocked" instead of proud, but if they do something I admire, I just wait a year, month, week, day or an hour, and they usually do something to cancel out anything I admired or was "shocked" to see actually done properly and appropriately.

And, as said above, this proper really should be expected out of parents, otherwise, it is like getting a reward for printing your name neatly or coloring within the lines at the ripe age of 30.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login