Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

infant receptionists

Posted by aussie lassie 
aussie lassie
infant receptionists
July 22, 2008
okay so i work in a call centre and we just call people to tell them theyve one a free 2 week membership to a gym. anyway.. last night i called this house and this high pitched squeaky voice answers so i politely ask to speak to her parents and the stupid brat couldnt even understand what i was saying.. nor could she speak properly.. so shes just blubbering or something and im just trying to get out of the conversation. WORST of all i could hear her dad in the background talking to her and asking who it was. fuck me why couldnt he just answer the phone?

seriously wtf im not paid enough to try to talk REASON with a little shit.

eventually that dad answered the phone but by then i was just not in the mood. and he was rude to me anyway. fuck like father like daughter.

luckily i dont know many people with kids so i seldom call people and have a child answer it. but seriously.. its NOT fucking cute. its stupid and annoying and your kid cant even speak properly. ARGH.

anyway thats my rant.
Re: infant receptionists
July 22, 2008
I hear you! When I was still speaking to my breeder ex-best friend, she would always put her toadler on the line to "say hi" to me. And I could never understand a damn word the little snotling was saying. It was so fucking irritating!
Krishna
July 22, 2008
I was not allowed to answer the phone until I was about 8 or 9. I knew how to speak properly and take a message if my mother was not around. In the pre-Caller ID days, I would hang up if I called a friend's house and her kid answered the phone. I do not have time to play "goo-goo...ga-ga" when making a telephone call. The friends with kids are getting less and less.

H#ll, I will not even talk to my cousin anymore since she could not have the decency to e-mail back when I told her of my moving. It was not as if I was just taking another residence down the block but changing houses to a different state. Cousin certainly bugged my mom when she came to visit me where I used to live and demanded we drive the 2-4 hour (depending on where we were) to have dinner with her.

Back to kids on the phone, I also hate when a breeder has the wee sprog put the outgoing message on the answering machine or voicemail. I did call center work. When I worked outbound, I would hang up and mark the call as "NH", meaning no one was home if I could not get the kid to get the parent on a phone in a reasonable time...like four seconds.
July 22, 2008
My favorite is when the parents have the kid record a fucking message on the answering machine for the callers to endure before leaving a message. TALK ABOUT ANNOYING. It's always an hour long and in gibberish.
July 22, 2008
aussie lassie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> okay so i work in a call centre and we just call
> people to tell them theyve one a free 2 week
> membership to a gym. anyway.. last night i called
> this house and this high pitched squeaky voice
> answers so i politely ask to speak to her parents
> and the stupid brat couldnt even understand what i
> was saying.. nor could she speak properly.. so
> shes just blubbering or something and im just
> trying to get out of the conversation. WORST of
> all i could hear her dad in the background talking
> to her and asking who it was. fuck me why couldnt
> he just answer the phone?
>
> seriously wtf im not paid enough to try to talk
> REASON with a little shit.
>
> eventually that dad answered the phone but by then
> i was just not in the mood. and he was rude to me
> anyway. fuck like father like daughter.
>
> luckily i dont know many people with kids so i
> seldom call people and have a child answer it. but
> seriously.. its NOT fucking cute. its stupid and
> annoying and your kid cant even speak properly.
> ARGH.
>
> anyway thats my rant.

1. Having the little bastards do something overly cute (or talk at all) on the answering machine

2. Allowing the kid to answer the phone and the idiot is unable to take a message, regardless of age.

3. Having to talk to the shit-sack wearing little dumplin for like 3 minutes while the parent desperately tried to get a coherent word out of them
Anonymous User
July 22, 2008
a long time ago, when I lived in phoenix while I attended a trade school there, the only work I could find was in freaking tele-marketing. I know how folks react, and yes, we're annoying. However, the work conditions are lousy. Most of them are chain smokers in small offices with NO ventilation whatsoever. It is a miserable job, so I try to have a little empathy for whomever is on the other end of the line. I know what they are going through.
I got one answer and this moo starts up about how the phone call woke the baby (wonder what would her reaction be if her mom called). This was about 8 pm or so. I just wasn't in a good mood (a job like this never does much for moods) so I just snapped 'I'm not the asshole who decided to have a brat.' and hung up. I really didn't give a rats ass about her kid. I couldn't hear anything anyway: if it was crying it sure was doing it quietly. If she thought I was going to feel bad.. guess again.
Krishna
July 22, 2008
two cents ΒΆΒΆ Wrote:
> a long time ago, when I lived in phoenix while I
> attended a trade school there, the only work I
> could find was in freaking tele-marketing. I know
> how folks react, and yes, we're annoying. However,
> the work conditions are lousy. Most of them are
> chain smokers in small offices with NO ventilation
> whatsoever. It is a miserable job, so I try to
> have a little empathy for whomever is on the other
> end of the line. I know what they are going
> through.

I hear you on that one. People love to complain and moan of telemarketers. I've done the same work to pay the rent and eat. However, the same jerks would have more than something to say if we chose not to work and somehow lived off the government. We would then be told to get a f%cking job! When I hear of complaints of people doing "those" jobs, I will tell them to just hang up when they get a call because the person is required to rebuttal a "no" as the calls are monitored, tell the employee to put them on the DNC list, and then I ask if the complainers want to support unemployment cheques for all in that line of work if they just quit and can find no other job. Not everyone is going to be the CEO of Bank of America or have another great job waiting for them. Many of us have had to work scut jobs to survive.

> I got one answer and this moo starts up about how
> the phone call woke the baby (wonder what would
> her reaction be if her mom called). This was about
> 8 pm or so. I just wasn't in a good mood (a job
> like this never does much for moods) so I just
> snapped 'I'm not the asshole who decided to have a
> brat.' and hung up. I really didn't give a rats
> ass about her kid. I couldn't hear anything
> anyway: if it was crying it sure was doing it
> quietly. If she thought I was going to feel bad..
> guess again.

bouncing and laughing
Sherrif X
July 22, 2008
This happen to me sometimes. One time I want to speak to my friend. Guess who picked up the phone. It was her 3-4 year old daughter. Just like you said Aussie Lassie - "i politely ask to speak to her parents and the stupid brat couldnt even understand what i was saying.. nor could she speak properly.. so shes just blubbering or something and im just trying to get out of the conversation."

Guess what the little girl said "she was busy because she was doing modelling."
What the hell! "modelling" in front little kid. How can you put a kid in those such places.
ASRock
July 22, 2008
Hey Sherrif, this also happens to me. When they out their kid in those such places especially bars or over 18 places.

I was not allowed to pick up a phone until I was 8 because you don't know who is on the another line. I get annoyed when I hear a kid on the phone because you can't get a decent conversation.
July 23, 2008
As a reformed telemarketer/teleresearcher/phone interviewer/opinion poller myself, for the most part it is a shitty job. Not as shitty as a job that involves a shovel, but shitty none the less.

The best thing you can do when called by someone in the tele-industry is just say "no thanks, take this number off your list" and HANG UP! Don't argue, don't tell them your life story, don't string them along if you aren't interested. People in the tele-industry HAVE to keep talking, they HAVE to use the pat responses to your rejection, they HAVE to try because more likely than not they're being monitored and can't just end the misery for you.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
July 23, 2008
Back in the bad ol' days, I took phone orders for pizza deliveries. People thought it was sooooooooo kyuuuuute to put their toadler on the phone to have her place the order.angry flipping offangry smileyangry smileyangry smileyangry smiley
Anonymous User
July 23, 2008
Even as a teenager, I had a very short fuse when little pukes answer phones, especially when the little pucks were unintelligable.
I dialed a wrong number, got some toadler, and asked for the parent. You think little shit understood that, it kept up the diahrhea crap. I finally got irritated, but rather than go and get mom or dad which is what I wanted, it started crying and ran off. I will say that dad picked up phone, he didn't yell or anything, just asked for whom I was calling and I had a wrong number. End of conversation, save for the fact that someone was gonna have to deal with shitford who was still caterwauling in the background. Sorry brat, life is a bitch, and you are not the center of the universe.
Anonymous User
July 24, 2008
I'm thinking of training my cat to answer the phone.
July 24, 2008
bal-de-vis Wrote:
> I'm thinking of training my cat to answer the
> phone.

If I did this I STILL wouldn't get messages.
Anonymous User
July 27, 2008
I really cannot fathom how DUMB you have to be to impose your kid on others even on the fucking phone.

This even has happened to me when calling people who knew that not only was I CF, was not interrested in the least in their offspring but actually hate small kids .

Each and everytime I hung up, only to be told this was mean and rude.

First, you've been warned and still try to pull this on me,second, I value my eardrums, third, toddlerspeak destroys braincells, and fourth, I am reconsidering whether to ever talk to you again.

A child answering the phone is something that could make me slit my wrists on a sunny day .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login