Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Insight into the Breeder mindset

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Insight into the Breeder mindset
July 27, 2008
So, the other day I get an e-mail from my sister - who had a kid with a guy 20 years older than she is to whom she is not married. Anyhow, she is going to her High School reunion, which is being held roughly four hours (one way) by car away from us. She wants us to drive the eight hour round trip so that we can meet (her words, verbatim) "the most amazing child I have ever met." She has also called this kid "transformational." No kidding. I could not make this stuff up.

Well, obviously, we're not driving eight hours to see this "amazing" and "transformational" three-year-old. Neither of us especially like kids, for one - and we have zero interest in hauling ourselves up the highway to a shithole city we hate to goo-go and ga-ga over what, to us, is just another annoying brat!
Anonymous User
Re: Insight into the Breeder mindset
July 27, 2008
Eric, doesnt your sister know you dont like kids and that your CF?

My sister knows im hard core CF, everyone I know, knows im CF
kidlesskim
July 27, 2008
Both my husband and I each have a sister with 2 kids each between the ages of 3-9. THEY don't harrass us but BOTH sets of our parents do. I haven't had a conversation with my mother since the first kid was born that didn't include detailed and often boring re-told stories about one or both of those kids. The other grandmoo is always saying, "Did I tell you what Bratford did?", or "Show Aunt Kim how you can stand on your head",or "Sing the ABC song for Aunt Kim", etc......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'd rather watch paint dry.
July 27, 2008
eric Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, the other day I get an e-mail from my sister -
> who had a kid with a guy 20 years older than she
> is to whom she is not married. Anyhow, she is
> going to her High School reunion, which is being
> held roughly four hours (one way) by car away from
> us. She wants us to drive the eight hour round
> trip so that we can meet (her words, verbatim)
> "the most amazing child I have ever met." She has
> also called this kid "transformational." No
> kidding. I could not make this stuff up.
>
> Well, obviously, we're not driving eight hours to
> see this "amazing" and "transformational"
> three-year-old. Neither of us especially like
> kids, for one - and we have zero interest in
> hauling ourselves up the highway to a shithole
> city we hate to goo-go and ga-ga over what, to us,
> is just another annoying brat!

Did your sister offer to reimburse you for the cost of an eight-hour drive?

I bet NOT!

I'm happy you're not going to see the brat and its delusional moo.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
July 27, 2008
"I'd rather watch paint dry."

Ditto. At least fresh paint on the walls doesn't expect you to clap your hands at it and spend 20 minutes praising it: "Wow-eeee! Lookee you! Drying all nice and even, turning a bit of a lighter tone in the areas near the ceiling that are driest. Jolly good. Now I'll open the window some more and let's see you dry a bit better in the bottom corner. Gosh you're sooo good at drying! Keep going, that's right, keep going!"

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Mean Person
July 27, 2008
Eric, your sister is "drunk" on hormones. This happens. Actually, aside from her trying to recruit you and your SO to break the bank on gas to come meet the larvae, this is a good thing because it ensures her loyalty to it, at least for the time being. But it's nauseating and ultimately completely egocentric.

I don't know if there is a way to decline this "invitation" without offending, but you could always come down with a case of the sniffles (I suspect your sister would be far less enamoured with a larvae spewing snot).
Mean Person
July 27, 2008
OK, I just went back and re-read your post. The kid is 3, so out the window goes my hormone theory. A tank of gas says your sister has been reading up on "indigo children" (google it if you don't know what that means). Get ready to later find out he's AWWWWTIIIIISTIC.
Anonymous User
July 27, 2008
She should have gotten the hint by now (we don't have kids, we're clearly not interested in kids; we never ask about her kid - etc.) but.... no dice. She still talks about nothing else - and (again, no kidding) gives us, as birthday and Christmas presents, pics of The Fruit, including wallet size. Mind you, we have never even met this Fruit (thankfully).

We are thinking seriously about sending HER wallet-sized pics of our rooster!
Anonymous User
July 27, 2008
in re "indigo children" -

Remember Magnum PI?

Remember Higgins?

Remember how, when utterly disgustd/angry he would say.... Oh my GOD!

That's my reaction to "Indigo children."
July 27, 2008
According to wikipedia: "Indigo children refers to a New Age belief that some children, especially those born after the late 1970s, represent a higher state of human evolution. "

I must have been an indigo child. I was born in 1982 and I'm evolved enough to see the fallacy behind breeding. :-)
July 27, 2008
LoveToLurk Wrote:
> According to wikipedia: "Indigo children refers to
> a New Age belief that some children, especially
> those born after the late 1970s, represent a
> higher state of human evolution. "
>
> I must have been an indigo child. I was born in
> 1982 and I'm evolved enough to see the fallacy
> behind breeding. :-)

The only higher state they represent is the one of the teenage child birthing! You are a rare exception, as most gen-y people are breeder minded!
kidlesskim
July 27, 2008
I had never heard of Indigo children so I went to wikipedia and read about it. They are often misdiagnosed as having "ADHD and Autism", they can be "anti-social", they want to "do their own thing and defy authority", they feel they have a special purpose and can make great differences in the world, they are sensitive and empathetic and have an aura and paranormal and telepathic powers? This is the biggest crock of shit I have ever heard in my entire life and I am not the least bit surprised that the book which spawned it's popularity was written by two married breeders.

When breeders start whining when radio show hosts say that Autism is overly misdiagnosed, someone needs to tell them that maybe the kid has these "special Indigo powers" and not ADHD or Autism at all. Then, get them all proud and giddy and agreeing that Shitford does have all of these traits of "Indigo child syndrome",ON THE AIR, and then drop the bomb that they will no longer get a check for their kid since "Indigo child syndrome" is not on the list of approved "disabilities". We haven't heard much about it because it isn't on the approved list of disabilities that will get them a government check for what amounts to being rewarded for bad parenting and spawning a shitty kid.
July 27, 2008
It's a variation of "My kid will cure cancer".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
bratBgone
July 27, 2008
I was flicking channels and saw part of a show on paranormal children on A&E. They seemed like indigo children. Most of them were quite strange, and very weird socially.
July 27, 2008
Say you're "trying to figure out if I can get off work" for the reunion, and in the meantime invite her to drive--next weekend--4 hours to you to meet the most "amazing" and "transformational" rooster you've ever had the privilege to know. Local poultricians have determined that it's actually an "indigo rooster," and you just want to share the precious gift of its introduction to your sis.

That way you won't have egg on your face. grinning smiley

Cock-a-doodle-doo!
July 28, 2008
eric Wrote:
> So, the other day I get an e-mail from my sister -
> who had a kid with a guy 20 years older than she
> is to whom she is not married. Anyhow, she is
> going to her High School reunion, which is being
> held roughly four hours (one way) by car away from
> us. She wants us to drive the eight hour round
> trip so that we can meet (her words, verbatim)
> "the most amazing child I have ever met." She has
> also called this kid "transformational." No
> kidding. I could not make this stuff up.
>
> Well, obviously, we're not driving eight hours to
> see this "amazing" and "transformational"
> three-year-old. Neither of us especially like
> kids, for one - and we have zero interest in
> hauling ourselves up the highway to a shithole
> city we hate to goo-go and ga-ga over what, to us,
> is just another annoying brat!

Barf. Kudos to you. Was she always this stupid and self centered?
July 28, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> I was flicking channels and saw part of a show on
> paranormal children on A&E. They seemed like
> indigo children. Most of them were quite strange,
> and very weird socially.

Strange? Weird? Then I must have been the first wave of Indigos, because I was (and still am) pretty weird. I guess my parents just didn't realize and expected me to behave all the same. Now I have manners and a work ethic when I could have been crapping the floor and calling it "art" all this time?!! FUCK.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 28, 2008
Feh Wrote:
> bratBgone Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I was flicking channels and saw part of a show
> on
> > paranormal children on A&E. They seemed like
> > indigo children. Most of them were quite
> strange,
> > and very weird socially.
>
> Strange? Weird? Then I must have been the first
> wave of Indigos, because I was (and still am)
> pretty weird. I guess my parents just didn't
> realize and expected me to behave all the same.
> Now I have manners and a work ethic when I could
> have been crapping the floor and calling it "art"
> all this time?!! FUCK.

Yeah, what about the perfomance art piece I did at 6 when I abandoned my "eats it's own food doll" when it broke, in the back of the closet, full of banana flavored goo, for my mother to find when I was expressing "the futility of mass consumption" via humanoid constructs....
July 28, 2008
Wow...I've heard a lot of moos describe their DNA replicants in flowery, lofty language, but never to that degree. "Amazing! Transformational!" You have got to be kidding. Wow, does she really ride the horse high! Parents who believe their kids are so utterly miraculous and note-worthy typically have bought into the whole 'child of god' concept - "my kid will change the world! My kid will cure every disease known to man! My child will transform not only your views...but your very _life_!"

Aw, come on, Eric...surely you want to take 8 hours out of your personal time to go and be 'transformed' by her spawn, right? Right? Because goodness knows, you don't have any kids of your own, so your eight hours aren't nearly worth as much as hers.
Peppertree
July 28, 2008
"They are often misdiagnosed as having "ADHD and Autism", they can be "anti-social", they want to "do their own thing and defy authority."

So, let me get this straight: INDIGO CHILD = PSYCHOPATH. I mean, does anyone else here see that connection? Am I wrong?
July 28, 2008
Peppertree Wrote:
> "They are often misdiagnosed as having "ADHD and
> Autism", they can be "anti-social", they want to
> "do their own thing and defy authority."
>
> So, let me get this straight: INDIGO CHILD =
> PSYCHOPATH. I mean, does anyone else here see that
> connection? Am I wrong?
When Snotford took a chainsaw to that old lady, he was just expressing his advanced evolution.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
July 28, 2008
I guarantee you that there isn't an indigo brat or autism brat on the face of this great planet that wouldn't benefit from regular beatings.
kidlesskim
July 28, 2008
I forgot to add re: the kid being "transformational". I bet her life WAS "transformed". My guess would be it was transformed from a peaceful and meaningful existence to a life of poopy diapers, a house which wreaked of urine and vomit, constant noise and a complete lack of personal space and privacy, among other "transformations". It must not have been too especially transformational for dad, since he hasn't bothered to marry the kid's mom and take part in the daily glory of it all.
July 28, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> I forgot to add re: the kid being
> "transformational". I bet her life WAS
> "transformed". My guess would be it was
> transformed from a peaceful and meaningful
> existence to a life of poopy diapers, a house
> which wreaked of urine and vomit, constant noise
> and a complete lack of personal space and privacy,
> among other "transformations". It must not have
> been too especially transformational for dad,
> since he hasn't bothered to marry the kid's mom
> and take part in the daily glory of it all.

YOU need to devise a system of aversion therapy for fencesitters....
July 28, 2008
"It must not have been too especially transformational for dad, since he hasn't bothered to marry the kid's mom and take part in the daily glory of it all."

Ha, 'nuff said. He'll be transformed right out of there in three years' time.

Yeah we had indigo children when I was growing up. But that was only because their classmates beat the living shit out of them on the playground every day.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login