Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reason for being childfree.....

Posted by Computer Nerd 
Anonymous User
Re: Reason for being childfree.....
March 15, 2006
Yes I know there are so many people that have kids that dont know why.I dont get it - I really dont - not in this day and age.
I guess alot of people that have children just feel the urge to procreate and I belive them because it is human insinct to have offspring.It is in nature but I also think its in nature to have childfree people who dont have that urge to procreate.
Us as childfree dont have that gene or whatever it is that makes you want to have kids - I think it is a blessing...
Water Lily
March 16, 2006
The childed must be miserable all the time, and it must bug the living hell out of them to see someone be childfree..... :scr
Anonymous User
March 17, 2006
I dont think it bugs all people with kids to see a child free person - only the ones that really regret their decision would feel this way.I know plenty of decent parents who think I am doing the right thing by not having children(once I explained the way I feel about being a parent) I really admire the parents who give it their all and do a good job raising their kids...sadly these days as you all know they are beccomong less and less
March 17, 2006
they are proper parents, not like the breeders, breeders are only interested in other breeders(is a cult). but parents are hard working and decent for the most part, i think some of us CF have decent parents, who accept our choices as being our choices.

my mum, as a parent wink.. accepts my choice saying she has lived her life, and whatever we decide is ok by her. mum hates all kids apart from her own (me and brother). she doesnt want grandkids as her brother and sister have plenty of breeders and their mentality.
Water Lily
March 17, 2006
I agree with you Natalie. It's not so hard to punish a kid....
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 17, 2006
I agree that spawning does age you. I turned 39 in November and I am told I look much younger, too. People my age with kids look like they are about 50. I think the childfree, as a whole, look younger, have a less-bitchy outlook on life, don't have saggy boobs, have no stretchmarks, and are more physically and mentally fit.
March 17, 2006
i grew my goatee in part i looked too young to be 33, i look a bit older now (the other reason my razor blade dulled so couldnt do much more)..

but i have seen people my age froms school, look ancient, and those that havent had kids well.. we are still young must be our mindset.
Merc, I am also 33. I have been told I look 19. People our age who have kids have this sad, rundown look. Like KidFreeLuvnLife says in another post, you can tell who the breeders are. They look haggard, always wear sensible shoes and those "mom" jeans!

Thank goodness my best friend, who is 36, is also childfree. She also looks youthful and has a zest of life.
I meant zest FOR life!
sprogless
March 17, 2006
I agree with all of you, people with kids look worn out regardless of their age. I'll be 33 in June, and still get carded for cigs. DH is 41, and he looks younger than I, do. Neither one of us has grey hair, but all of our breeder associates (I won't dare call 'em friends!) have monthly appt's. with Miss Clairol & Grecian Formula. They don't want to update their 'do, or anything, they need it to cover the premature grey, caused by the stress of their lovely families. Hee Hee! Better them than me!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.