Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Forest Preserves...

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
Forest Preserves...
July 29, 2008
Here, in Cook County, IL, I have noticed that all the forest preserves where there are picnic areas are now not just labeled Picnic Area, or Grove ________, but now have brand new signs paid by tax dollars, even tho nothing was wrong with the old signs, that say:

Family Picnic Area

So....does that mean I can't eat lunch there with a co-worker? a friend? by myself? I can only go with relatives?

I'm so sick of all this pandering and feel good languange for the breeders of the world. I mean really, this is just stupid. Just slap 'famblee' 'chyllrenn' on everything and it will attract consumers, voters, money/tax dollars.
Ann
Re: Forest Preserves...
July 29, 2008
If it makes you feel any better, Dupage is no better-it's worse. I was walking the nature trail in the preserve near my house the other day, and there was a huge maintained area labeled "Scout Group Use Only". What, I can't go in there? Such BS, seeing as how my taxes pay for the little crotchturds to even have a nicely manicured scout area.
CF Uter
July 29, 2008
But we're still stuck with Todd Stroger! wink
kidlesskim
July 29, 2008
EVERYTHING says "family" now, just about. 'Family waiting area", "Family plan","Family restaurant", "Family changing station", "Family membership", 'Family friendly", "Family Meal", "Family seating","Family car", "Family room", "Family trail","Family planning" "Family time", "Family leave of absence", etc.......... I am waiting on Kotex to start advertising tampons with a slogan like, "Female Family Friendly Flowplugs", or something
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login