Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mickey D's

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Mickey D's
August 05, 2008
Anybody hear about the entitlemoo suing McDonald's for $100,000 cuz a fried chicken head turned up in her kyd's box of nuggets? Mind you, I agree that's gross, but then again, so is eating at McDonald's! Anyway she's uber-fat and my guess is, so are her brats.
Anonymous User
Re: Mickey D's
August 05, 2008
Makes you wonder where the chicken head came from.
Anonymous User
August 05, 2008
The chicken head prolly just kinda fell in during processing, although you'd think the dimwits who work there would have seen the head, or who knows? Coulda been deliberate...
bratBgone
August 05, 2008
Maybe it was the "Happy Meal" prize.
August 05, 2008
She can sue them and she might win, but it is not the same thing as when someone gets injured (as in the case of spilled hot coffee - I'm not trying to debate THAT ONE, but the case involved physical injury). Being grossed out or freaked out is not a damage. They will have to prove damages and the court would probably award them the price of their meal - in other words, a refund.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
kidlesskim
August 05, 2008
They are ALWAYS uber fat, with few exceptions. I hate this "Fattening food is cheaper" shit to explain away welfare obesity as canned veggies are way cheaper than rooster heads at Micky D's.
August 06, 2008
TXGal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The chicken head prolly just kinda fell in during
> processing, although you'd think the dimwits who
> work there would have seen the head, or who knows?
> Coulda been deliberate...

This happened a couple of years ago- you can google for the image- it's a scream- I have no idea what those people won but I'd be more upset if the KFC took that fabulous thing away from me- i'd have it in a refrg. case in the library....

amended to say that Kim gets 10 points for putting "rooster head" in my brain the rest of the day...
August 06, 2008
Ha ha, yeah, I remember when this happened, though I don't know if anything came of it. I remember the image, too - it IS a scream! It's hilarious. I actually felt bad for the chicken. Its face looks quite unhappy!

What's hilarious to me is the big deal the breeder is making out of this. Sure, I agree, it is gross to a degree. But what the hell does the breeder thinks she's eating when she goes to McDonald's? Those McNuggets are made out of a ton of other unmentionable chicken parts, not to mention a chemical soup of processed, crap ingredients and preservatives....but a chicken head is enough to throw her over the edge? I suppose these idiots will now up and demand that headless chickens be bred in a lab especially for making nuggets so that we can avoid any 'emotional pain' that might befall their sproggen if they actually see a *gasp* breaded chicken head in their processed, fattening food.
August 06, 2008
Great point- they are already eating shit, i'm surprised they noticed. It isn't really nugget shaped. and the beak gives them their fiber!
August 06, 2008
OK, so shoot me. tongue sticking out smiley I'm a huge animal activist, and from my dealings with such, I've learned all the horrible atrosities that go on behind the scenes at these uber-huge poultry processing plants.

The torture, abuse, and not-so-humane death of these animals.

In addition to that, if you ever saw the actual processing of the birds, it's no wonder heads turn up in stuff like this.

Eating at McDonald's is just stupid.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008
I feel sorry for the chickens too (well, all food animals). I thought chickens got debeaked, though, and this one still had a beak. Not that I think they SHOULD be debeaked! I truly don't understand why farming has to be the way it is today, all factory and awful. :bawl
August 06, 2008
I've been trying to become a better vegetarian (i slip from time to time and still do fish and chicken) and the book "You don't need Meat" put tears in my eyes.

i gave up pork on the spot. Beef has pretty much been eliminated but I go to the fair around here and meet the cows and have surprised husband with how they respond to affection. almost no one knows that bovines can and do appreciate love.
August 06, 2008
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that moo didn't plant the chicken head in there herself with the full intent to sue.
Anonymous User
August 06, 2008
I'm a HUGE animal lover, but I guess I'm a bit of a hipercrit (SP) I love eating meat, I guess I live in denial about the whole thing
August 06, 2008
NoK, is it almost impossoble to avoid bacon, and believe you me, i'm not all sanctimonious and shit- i miss it. but if I ate it now i'd barf.
CF Uter
August 06, 2008
What would her damages be? It is not like finding a nail in your food and breaking your teeth on it, or swallowing it and you're injured.

this is just dumb. would she also sue if she saw a feather in there too?
August 06, 2008
As a person who used to work in fast food, she should just consider herself lucky to NOT know what actually happens in the kitchen...a bunch of poorly paid, bored employees who could really care less about the corporation or customers can come up with all sorts of ways to amuse themselves.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
kidlesskim
August 06, 2008
TXGal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I feel sorry for the chickens too (well, all food
> animals). I thought chickens got debeaked,
> though, and this one still had a beak. Not that I
> think they SHOULD be debeaked! I truly don't
> understand why farming has to be the way it is
> today, all factory and awful. :bawl

There is actually a job title named "Debeaker" at chicken processing plants across America. I was greatly grossed out when I found that out. Can you IMAGINE ripping the noses off of chicken faces all day long? I don't guess that would be any grosser than squatting and pinching off a loaf every ten months, then filming it and posting it to youtube.
August 09, 2008
Rose Red, I'm not surprised that that bovines can and do appreciate love. I'm sure that holds true with sheep, pigs and other kinds of creatures used for food and other things.

If this became mainstream knowledge, many more people would become vegetarians or vegans.

For anyone looking for a great bacon substitute, Morningstar Farms veggie bacon strips are delicious! You can use these the same way you would use bacon. http://www.seeveggiesdifferently.com/product_detail.aspx?family=934&id=352

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login