Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I know this has been covered ..

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I know this has been covered ..
August 06, 2008
But Good God, it happened again....
Call someone up, the ambient atmosphere at the other side is quiet for the space of (avg 10 - 15 seconds) and then your stomach curdles as you hear the farkin sprog in the DISTANCE 'moooommy.. (whine whine) mooooommy (whiiiiiiiiine). The idiot moo, rather than putting said little shit in its place, ignores it and you can hear the damn loaf now as it starts crying because it waaants to talk on the phone. GOD I hate it. If I did that as a child, I got my ass kicked or one hell of a scolding. My mom would simply say (because I remember) 'hold on a minute', put her hand over the mouthpiece and let me have it verbally. And if I didn't shut up, worse would follow.
I can see letting a loaf talk to grandma or grandma... There is a time and a place for everything. But they seem to be unable to set any limits for these toadlers. My feeling is, they can be taught (to quote Aladdins genie) to respect mom being on the phone.
Re: I know this has been covered ..
August 06, 2008
WTF child needs to talk on the phone. Goblins.
bratBgone
August 06, 2008
I hate that! This happened to me a few weeks ago. My brother called me and within seconds of saying hello him I could hear my niece screaming on the other end. My brother asked if he could call me back in a second. I figured he was going to discipline my niece for being a brat. I figured wrong. A few minutes later my 3 year old niece called me back. She talked nonsense to me for a few minutes until my brother got on the line. Her temper tantrum was because SHE wanted to dial my number and talk first. My brother hung up to let her! Unfuckingbelievable!
August 06, 2008
When my brother's 2 start that shit - which honestly is pretty rare - they get a blast of, "KNOCK IT OFF I'M ON THE PHONE."

Silence follows and we can resume our conversation.

And why is that so effective, you ask?

Because it happened once, a long time ago, the shit didn't stop. Brother hung up the phone, slapped some asses, and called me back. I'm so glad I have smart nephews.
August 06, 2008
xXxHP

I have such a good long-distance friend who has 4 boys 6, 4, and 1 yo twins. When we talk, unless she was REAL BUSY when I call, and the boys interrupt, she tells them "You have to wait. I'm on the phone." Yesterday we were talking and she said to them, "No, you can go play by yourself while I'm on the phone." They are so good. I am lucky to still have her as a friend because you usually lose them after one kyd, never mind four. And I have to REMIND her to send pictures! She finally made a MySpace page so we can keep up without having to send individual emails.

We are always complaining about the breeders and losing friends to pahrunthood that sometimes is nice to talk about the few people who can do something right for a change.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
kidlesskim
August 06, 2008
I HATE to receive or make a call to an adult and get the 2 year old put on the line with a bunch of gibberish. Nothing will cause me to "accidentally" get disconnected faster. It isn't "cute" no matter who the kid may be, but rather quite obnoxious of the parent to waste my time in such a manner. It rarely happens to me anymore because I won't put up with it and I think that word must have gotten out that if you put the toddler on the line, then 'Aunt Kim' will hang up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login