Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1080 - Autism Awareness

Posted by Cambion 
Entry 1080 - Autism Awareness
March 14, 2006
Let me guess...those shirts, magnets, and such other bullshit are meant to get Moomie greater attention because she has an "extra special" sprog? Please.

Although I'd love to wear the sweatshirt that says "Be patient with me -- I have autism" to see how people would react. Hell, I'd buy a t-shirt with that on it for shits and giggles (and it kind of works since I have mild Asperger's).

Those magnets are rather idiotic...and what the fuck to jigsaw puzzles have to do with autism? And I love how that site of shit implies that ONLY sproggen are affected by autism. because, you know, adults can never have it. Pff.
Latrodectra
Re: Entry 1080 - Autism Awareness
March 14, 2006
Well, noboby wants to brag about their adult child having autism now do they? tongue sticking out smiley
Water Lily
March 14, 2006
I think those parents need some serious help and intervention. Bragging about some suffering kid's problem is rude, tacky and just plain wrong.
sprogless
March 15, 2006
I saw a bumper sticker the other day that had a kid in a wheelchair on it, and it said "Dear God, Thank You For Making Me Special."
Idiot moos will do anything to get attention. Even thanking God for their defective brat. Wow...
CF VTer
March 15, 2006
Heh. I want a shirt that says, "Be patient with me, I just had 5 margaritas."

Sorry. Off-topic. (And the shirt would be accurate in my case. So BE PATIENT WITH ME.) smiling smiley

Water Lily
March 15, 2006
Them having a baby with autism may be God's way of punishing them.
Sherz
March 28, 2006
I need a shirt that says "Hey autistic people, avoid me, because I can't have patience with you."
March 29, 2006
It has been wondered if I am on the autistic spectrum. My memory is great -- almost Savant-like. I was told that I acted peculiar as an infant and I know that I was an odd child. I was born in '64 so no one really knew too much of this topic back then except for those on the non-functioning spectrum of this condition. I can't imagine wearing shirts or those freaking ribbons because I want to be seen as a functioning person.
I've always wanted a shirt that said "Fuck you! I have tourettes"
March 29, 2006
Too funny, Feh...

I am the very last to get a joke but I actually got that one...
March 29, 2006
technically india, we all have forms of autism, it just depends on the strength, i test as autistic aspebergers there is a test online but its well.. stupid, but the average is 15, i am a 33. but it doesnt mean we have it.

i posted this some time ago, but here it is again

http://www.msnbc.com/modules/newsweek/autism_quotient/

at the moment i think autism is a just a buzz word and excuse for bad parenting..
March 29, 2006
I remember you posting that test, Mercurior. I took it and I got a 34; I've had a lot of people tell me I may have Asperger's because of my anti-social tendancies and because of how I write (because I don't write research papers like this: "so yah teh ppl fited n da good ppl 1 n da bad ppl not winned n dat wuz da batill teh end"). Ha, I keep asking myself, "If I'm autistic, why don't I feel like I am?"

No online test can tell you anything about your health; some of the questions on that test I seriously wasn't entirely sure about. Ah well...'tis good for laughs.
March 29, 2006
yes, i know, its interesting, at least we can have the tshirts saying so wink.. didnt want to get done under trade descriptions act wink..

basically most of this autism is crap, its an excuse the parents give for bad parenting. and its oh look at me my kid has autism, aint i wonderful for coping.

i am anti social too, well yes and no, i dont like fools, but i like nice intelligent people, so i dont hang around dumb ones. luckily most of the cf are intelligent.. i am what i am, no more and no less.
KidFreeLuvnLife
March 29, 2006
Anti-social? Me too!! I also prefer to hang out with intelligent, childfree people who love animals. Unfortunately, where I live, those peeps are few and far between. When I am obligated to visit anyone with my SO, I always end up hanging out with their pets while the "adults" sit in the kitchen and talk. LOL
I know no man is an island. But the best conversations I've had are with nature. A nice long walk while looking at trees and the sky ... Ahhhhh...

Anonymous User
March 29, 2006
Nour- I am very much that way inclined myself.Some would consider me a loner...Maybee I am but I just think I am really fussy of who I spend time with.I am surrounded by fuckwits...
Denise
March 29, 2006
I took that test, and I got 46. I definitely need a shirt winking smiley
March 29, 2006
Nour, I am another one who can walk around talking to trees and other nature friends. I can also just ramble on to myself which helps me with difficult situations. :]
March 30, 2006
you know these so called horror films and shows etc, about being the last human on the planet after a plague whatever, i never found them scary, i really loved them, no people, just me, (and now faust). and i can do anything i wished.. i think most cf, are anti social, but within specific areas, we dont suffer fools, we would rather have the freedom of choice to do what we wish. we care more about nature, as we see the wasted resources that kids get, and so on.

yes we are anti social to most, but other cf, and nature. we care more for..
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.