Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

13 y/o crushed to death while playing in a rock quarry

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=253067&in_page_id=34

I have read several updates on this and it's reported that kids had been playing in this rock quarry for generations. Apparently the owners had put up fences and no trespassing and warning signs repeatedly, only to have them torn down and/or stolen by area kids over the years. Despite the fact that there were no fences up on that particular day, the girl and her friends had "played" there before and the general concensus is that kids have always played there and that it was a freak accident.

How on God's green earth could ANYONE think that playing around in an actively used ROCK QUARRY with loose boulders, rocks, dangerous equipment and machinery are located, could be safe????? Clearly the parents' faults and 13 is old enough to know better as well, but of course they are trying to blame the quarry owner. What's he suposed to do, put up brand new fences every single day, when the parents are ALLOWING their kids to play there and destroy his property???????
Re: 13 y/o crushed to death while playing in a rock quarry
August 07, 2008
We did all kinds of crazy stuff when we were kids but we read signs and stuff, if only to avoid getting in trouble. Darwin wins!
August 07, 2008
It's a rock quarry!! It's obvious that would be the perfect place for children to congregate, rocks, dirt, rocks, more dirt and if you're really lucky, explosives! WHOOO!

Not like I can judge, I spent many hours in rock quarries underage drinking and driving shitty cars off the rock piles. That said, I highly doubt my parents would have blamed the quarry were I to have met with a similar fate. It would have been my fault for doing such stupid things.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Shit happens sometimes.
August 08, 2008
Oddly enough, there was a rock quarry near my childhood home (still is). But we never went in there, because it was surrounded by fences and signs about danger and blasting. Where it said "no trespassing," we did not trespass. Odd, isn't it? Today's sprogs are so much more enterprising.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login