Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr tells woman to shut up during labour

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Dr tells woman to shut up during labour
August 11, 2008
http://msn.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10526549

I'm inclined to believe the doctor, as Americans do seem to speak at a much louder volume than Kiwis. When I was high school there was an American exchange student, and we all found her normal talking voice to be ridiculously loud. (Not trying to insult the Americans here, just stating an observation).

But it's funny that the doctor supposedly being rude gets more attention than the baby dying. Like being rude to a preggo is apparently so unbelievably horrible and unforgivable. 'You can't be mean to me! I'M PREGNANT!!' So what? If you're a cow then I'm going to be rude to you even if you have a parasite stuck in your womb. I thought you wanted equality??
I'll admit it. I am a woman. I am an American. I have a loud speaking voice! I honestly think it's from teaching though. I had to always speak over a constant din and it stuck! smiling smiley
Mean Person
Re: Dr tells woman to shut up during labour
August 11, 2008
Maybe this doctor was a Scientologist. Apparently Scientologists are supposed to birth in complete silence. As my husband says "If you can make a woman shut up while she's birthing you can make her do just about anything."
Anonymous User
August 11, 2008
Fox,I would be inclined to agree with you.I find the same to be true as an American myself.There are exceptions of course.I am one of them,my Father taught us (my siblings and I) to speak using low,quiet tones.

I went to my radiation appointment last week and there was a woman there who was so loud,even in her "normal" speaking voice,that I could hear every word all too easily.

I find that it may be regional.I live in the South,not very population,compared to say,NYC.So,there is no need to speak loudly to compete with traffic,other apartment dwellers or ever present crowds.

However,often,in medicine,the "squeaky wheel gets the grease".They get served better and faster because they make themselves known and the personnel wants them taken care of and happy so they will be gone sooner.Annoying but true.
I find his behavior terribly inappropriate, had he never delivered a baby? I would imagine it hurts. That's another thing, why didn't he give her a spinal block or something? If a patient is in such pain that they are screaming, regardless of the reason, there is a problem. At least he didn't do like that one weird doc a while back and carve his initials with a scapel on the woman's belly after she popped one out.
August 12, 2008
I have a different take on this- mom was probably running her mouth to make sure she got everything her way instead of minding the task at hand.

Americans can't shut up long enough to move up in a line.
August 12, 2008
What a cunt. This is the height of entitledness. The birth was difficult and the woman was probably acting like a fucking idiot, doing NOTHING to facilitate the birth of the baby. It should be common sense that once you are in labor, you want to get that baby out of there as quickly as possible, not laying on the table jibber jabbering.

I'm sure the baby's death is clearly the doctor's fault.
August 12, 2008
The fact that the parents lodged a complaint about his comment shows there's no substance to the claim -- it's become some kind of 'paybacks' for their baby not living.

And yeah, it's true that Americans are very loud. We know they don't mean any harm by it! And on the whole they're the most courteous, respectful and fun-loving sorts of visitors we ever get in the UK. But good heavens - their regular 'default' conversation voice really does sound like they're announcing something.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
August 12, 2008
Amethyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The fact that the parents lodged a complaint about
> his comment shows there's no substance to the
> claim -- it's become some kind of 'paybacks' for
> their baby not living.
>
> And yeah, it's true that Americans are very loud.
> We know they don't mean any harm by it! And on
> the whole they're the most courteous, respectful
> and fun-loving sorts of visitors we ever get in
> the UK. But good heavens - their regular 'default'
> conversation voice really does sound like they're
> announcing something.

...like wtf they're doing every moment of time...Kudos to you for putting up with our loud, self important asses. and sorry for walking in the Abbey when i was supposed to stay still.
Anonymous User
August 12, 2008
If i was her doctor i would yell

"SHUT THE FUCK UP, 12 YR OLD ILLEGALS HAVE BABIES ALL THE TIME, IF THEY CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP")
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login