Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any new laws are only passed for da chyldrennnn....

Posted by CF Uter 
Houston Enclave Bans Hands-Free Cell Phone Use Near School
------------------------------------------------------------
The Houston enclave of West University Place has banned cell phone use for all drivers, the most stringent law of its kind in the nation.

The ban, which applies within a three-block radius of the city's elementary school during school hours, is the latest in a long line of similar laws. ...

This article can be found at:
http://www.insurancejournal.com/news/southcentral/2008/08/11/92680.htm

So I guess your, mine, and your 80 year old grandma's safety is just not important to our lawmakers. I am so sick of this shit.
Re: Any new laws are only passed for da chyldrennnn....
August 12, 2008
Oh but I'm sure exceptions will be made for parents.

Only their needs matter, don't you know.
"I'm not sure that any law can be too strict when you're talking about protecting the children in these school zones," Ross said. "It just doesn't seem to be overly burdensome to say, 'please hold on, put down the phone.'"

I am sick to death of all of this "protect the children" bullshit, when CHILDREN cause or are involved in causing more mishaps, accidents,and vandalism, on their own than any other age group. How in the hell can they enforce this law anyway? It's obvious political posturing to solicit breeder votes. How can they say I was talking on a handsfree cell or talking to myself, or a to a passenger, or singing, or any other number of things someone could be doing to cause their mouth to move while driving? ALL FOR SHOW, as usual, because it's blatatntly obvious that most of the breeders don't give a shit about their own kids anyway.

How about a law to protect the elderly from the destruction, robbery,vandalism, and mayhem that the children inflict on them every year? Now I could go for something like that.
"For the children"

...the most misappropriated words in our society next to "it takes a village".
Re: Any new laws are only passed for da chyldrennnn....
August 13, 2008
CFTeen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "For the children"
>
> ...the most misappropriated words in our society
> next to "it takes a village".

Hear, hear. To publicly state otherwise is to risk stoning.
CFTeen said: ""For the children"

...the most misappropriated words in our society next to 'it takes a village'."

You could also say, "It takes a pillage"...of the childfree.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login