Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

An EXCELLENT school for a change

Posted by Tahki (NLI) 
Tahki (NLI)
An EXCELLENT school for a change
August 13, 2008
This year (on the 18th of August) I'm starting collegiate high school.

We have no bells.

We share three buses with the neighboring Rocky Bayou Christian Academy (I imagine I'll scare the crap out of them wearing my Sid Vicious shirt on the first day...hahaha..)

We're expected to bring all our own supplies and turn up for class on time despite the lack of bells (USING A WATCH! OH THE HORROR)!

We have a nice cafeteria, but I've decided I'm brown-bagging it so I don't become a drain on the taxpayers...I can understand having nice fattening stuff for our collegiate kids, but can't the elementary schoolers just have a FRUIT or VEGETABLE that hasn't been deep-fried half to death, and then go have recess?

The teachers all enjoy their jobs, and they are NOT going to be spoon-feeding us the answers/A+ grades/etc. in class. Even during the orientation, parents weren't allowed along, so the helicopter mommies didn't have a chance to moo and low about how unfair the policies were. I'm glad I'm going to a school where we're expected to take responsibility for ourselves and not whine at the teachers about every little thing.

Who knows? Maybe there'll actually be some decent human beings that come out of this. And no moo biology teacher like I had last year.

Though I did see that they have chyld care classes there, and a daycare. Old, disgusting habits die hard, I suppose.

I bet $10 that I'll hear whining about the bells by the second day, though. :>
kidlesskim
Re: An EXCELLENT school for a change
August 13, 2008
This is the way ALL schools should be ran. Moomies should NEVER be allowed to sign in at the office and then loiter on the premises, go in and out of classrooms, talk to their kids, eat lunch with them, etc......I think this is highly disruptive to the learning situation. This shit didn't go on when I was in school. My sister's kids' elementary schools though WELCOME, ENCOURAGE, and condone moomies on campus. She never goes unless there is a specific purpose, but her kids whine, 'Bratzilla's moomie ALWAYS comes for lunch", or "Assholland's moomie ALWAYS sits by him in class on Fridays". I think it's ludicrous that parents come to school for no reason, and even WORSE that the "normal" kids get peer pressured into begging THEIR moomies to horn in where they clearly don't belong.

Don't these women have anything else to do all day?
Anonymous User
August 14, 2008
I've never heard of colligiate high school before. Aside from having no bells and more personal responsibility are there more differences?

For example, in the K-12 system parents are supposed to be involved with their kids. Even in high school, if a student misbehaves, the teacher will call the kid's parents to talk about that kid's behavior. In high school, they will have back to school night and other parent teacher conferences where parents can talk to their kid's teacher about their grades. It doesn't change until you get to college. By that point you are a legal adult and don't need parent-teacher conferences anymore.

Since you are still in high school, I am wondering if you still have to have parent-teacher conferences or if teachers call the parents of a misbehaving student.
August 14, 2008
Sounds like a GREAT school system, though you don't HAVE to constantly worry about being a drain on taxpayer's money, of course.

Taxes are just for that: building and maintaining good schools like that, for one thing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login