Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

U.S. Navy Warship Rushing to Aid... Sick Baybee

Posted by cfchevygirl 
Re: U.S. Navy Warship Rushing to Aid... Sick Baybee
July 11, 2014
As if we knew this was coming smile rolling left righteyes2

https://gma.yahoo.com/parents-rescued-navy-warship-plan-file-lawsuit-144843401--abc-news-parenting.html

Parents Rescued by Navy Warship Plan to File Lawsuit

The parents who were stranded at sea with their two young daughters and had to be rescued by a U.S. Navy warship say they plan to sue their satellite phone carrier and hope any monetary winnings will allow them to help repay the government's cost of their rescue.

“To see people show up to help you like that is pretty amazing,” Eric Kaufman told ABC News, referring to the team from California Air National Guard’s 129th Rescue Wing that parachuted out of a plane into the frigid waters off the coast of Mexico to save his family.

Kaufman and his wife, Charlotte, and their two daughters - ages 1 and 3 at the time - were some 900 nautical miles off the coast of Mexico aboard their 36-foot sailboat named the Rebel Heart last April when their daughter Lyra, 1, became sick with a fever and a rash.

“That’s when we knew we were in a bad spot,” said Eric Kaufman, who, with his wife, had spent years planning the 3,000-mile trip from Mexico to New Zealand.

The Kaufmans allege their satellite phone carrier cut off their only connection to land while they were stranded. They used the Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRcool smiley on their boat to call for help.

“We activated it and we sat there,” Kaufman said.

It took members of the 129th Rescue Wing three days to reach the family.

It was only once the Navy ship, with the Kaufmans aboard, returned to the family's hometown of San Diego that the couple discovered they were the subjects of an intense national debate over whether they, as parents, should have been sailing with their daughters.

rest at link

And why are they suing? Because they say that they were using the sat phone to contact a doctor. The medication that they were administering to their sick baybee -- who was sick before the trip -- was not working, and so they were basically up shit creek, 1,000 miles from the coast, without a paddle.

Oh wait. I thought moo and duh knew what they were doing; that baybee was healthy and that everything was okay on the trip? They can't have it both ways. If they're trying to sue, they need to admit they fucked up massively by dragging a baybee on that boat when they knew she was sick; and then she relapsed. But, they're not doing that, are they?

The thing about the phone? They say that it showed a SIM Card error. The company had sent out new cards to customers, but, unsurprisingly there was no way to deliver mail to two dingbats in the middle of the ocean.

In other words, the phone company did not cut off service whatsoever. These two idiots didn't have the appropriate updated equipment before they took off on their trip.

Someone in the Yahoo comments said it. If the phone had still be working, then what? Who would they have called to rescue them 1,000 miles from land on a sinking ship? Who else would've come for them? No one, except those who did, the U.S. Navy. So, there was absolutely nothing that would've happened differently. As the commenter said, wtf was going to happen otherwise? AAA gonna show up and fix the ship? Not.

And frankly, what is this bullshit about they're suing to pay back the Navy? As I recall, they were absolutely NOT going to be on the hook for any monetary costs. It was even posted in an article linked on the first page of this thread; they will not have to pay back the cost of rescue.

So, they're lying to make a buck; probably to replace their sailboat so they can take their kyds on another deadly voyage. Lying sacks of shit.

Edit: Oh yeah, there it is:

The Kaufmans plan to file a civil suit against Whenever Communications later this week, asking for compensation for the loss of their sailboat and money to cover the cost of the expensive military rescue paid by taxpayers.

If they win the case, they plan to buy a new sailboat and continue their around-the-world adventures.

'I can't wait to get back,' said Charlotte. 'It's an amazing lifestyle.'

Link

So, they're trying to sue the phone company because they want a new boat. Nevermind that the phone company didn't destroy their boat; they did that themselves. And a phone working or not working has nothing to do with the physical damage done to the boat
July 11, 2014
They will lose. Not one subatomic particle of fault on the SATCOM company. Their fault they did not wait for the new SIM card. Their fault they took a very sick kid on a round the world sailing trip. Their fault that their boat was not seaworthy.

They are not going to pay fuck all back to the government. They want a new boat. And I wish I was a corporate lawyer some days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 11, 2014
These idiots are not going to be happy until somebody dies, likely one of their children. Then they'll demand donations and try to blame the sailboat manufacturers or something.

SATCOM is going to have a team of high-powered lawyers; these dumbasses don't have a chance in hell. And I really wish somebody would get CPS on their asses. Who the fuck takes a seriously ill child on a long sea trip, 1000 miles away from any doctor? That's child endangerment, plain and simple. I highly doubt any doctor gave the okay for them to go on this trip.

This is what happens when people more invested in perceptions breed. These fuckheads want to be the OMGSOCOOL parents that they can try to get a book deal on being and that their kids will brag about in the future. Clearly worth endangering their child's life.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
July 11, 2014
Fuck these two idiots.

This is what happened:

They set off their EPIRB.

The U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Command Center (located in Alameda, CA) immediately picked up the EPIRB, then they vectored the closest asset to that location. It probably took minutes.

Who WOULD they have called?! Their fucking doctor who would have told them not to take a sick baby on a 36-foot sailboat (which is fucking SMALL, folks) halfway around the world? Then what?! It would have taken longer to do what the EPIRB did by hours, given that the average person has no idea what to do if somebody is in peril at sea. They could have also called Mayday on Channel 16. Same thing.

Idiots.
July 12, 2014
I hope they get a new boat, go back out and Godzilla eats them alive. What zeroes.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
July 12, 2014
The stupid fucks want to sue the navy - they are stupid fucks - who the fuck takes two toadlers on a goddamn sea voyage? I hope their case gets thrown out in court. Worthless pieces of shit parunts
July 12, 2014
I think they should be arrested for child endangerment. What kind of an idiot takes a fucking trip around the world in a sailboat with two toddlers?

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 21, 2014
First suit dismissed

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-dismisses-suit-family-saved-sea-172402402.html

Judge dismisses suit by family saved at sea
Associated Press
18 hours ago

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A judge has dismissed a lawsuit against a satellite phone company by a California couple rescued with their sick 1-year-old from a disabled sailboat that was attempting to circle the world.

San Diego Superior Court Judge Judith Hayes ruled that a provision in the contract between Eric Kaufman and Whenever Communications requires any lawsuit to be filed in Florida, where the company's headquarters are located, U-T San Diego reported Saturday (http://bit.ly/1Cj9BE6 ).

rest at link

Lyra? Isn't that a spyshul sneauxflayghke name?

The breeders are two stupid fucks who don't know any goddamned better. Neither one of them has a brain in their skulls. Assholes should have to repay the bill. And get a fucking baybeeesitter for the crotchstains if they want to take a cruise......
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login