Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"ODD" blamed for criminal/anti social behavior in kids

Posted by kidlesskim 
This beats all I have ever seen in my life! NOW we have ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder) or CD (Conduct Disorder), when they can't qualify for a MOOD disorder diagnosis to explain away shitty parenting and brattism. Jesus H. Christ! Why don't they just call a spade a spade, instead of just outright making shit up? confused smiley

"Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) versus Conduct Disorder

What is Conduct Disorder?

According to DSM-IV criteria, conduct disorder may be diagnosed when a child seriously misbehaves with aggressive or nonaggressive behaviors against people, animals or property that may be characterized as belligerent, destructive, threatening, physically cruel, deceitful, disobedient, or dishonest. This may include stealing, intentional injury, and forced sexual activity. Keep in mind that this behavior disorder consists of a pattern of severe, repetitive acting-out behavior and not of an isolated incident here and there.

Aggression to people and animals:
Often bullies, threatens, or intimidates others.
Often initiates physical fights.
Has used a weapon that can cause serious physical harm to others (for example, a bat, brick, broken bottle, knife, gun).
Has been physically cruel to people.
Has been physically cruel to animals.
Has stolen while confronting a victim (for example, mugging, purse snatching, extortion, armed robbery.
Has forced someone into sexual activity.

Destruction of property:
Has deliberately engaged in fire setting with the intention of causing serious damage.
Has deliberately destroyed others' property (other than by fire setting).

Deceitfulness or theft:
Has broken into someone else's house, building, or car.
Often lies to obtain goods or favors or to avoid obligations (in other words, "cons" others)
Has stolen items of nontrivial value without confronting a victim (for example, shoplifting, but without breaking and entering; forgery).

Boys with conduct disorder will be more inclined to fight, steal and participate in acts of vandalism, such as fire setting. Girls with conduct disorder are more likely to lie, run away and be involved in severe sexual acting-out behavior, including prostitution. Both boys and girls with conduct disorder are at an extremely high risk of substance abuse along with severe difficulties getting along in school.

What are the signs of Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)?

According to the DSM-IV, if a child's problem behaviors do not meet the criteria for Conduct Disorder, but involve a pattern of defiant, angry, antagonistic, hostile, irritable, or vindictive behavior, Oppositional Defiant Disorder may be diagnosed. These children may blame others for their problems.

ODD is a pattern of negativistic, hostile, and defiant behavior lasting at least six months, during which four (or more) of the following are present:

Often loses temper.
Often argues with adults.
Often actively defies or refuses to comply with adults' requests or rules.
Often deliberately annoys people.
Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior.
Is often touchy or easily annoyed by others.
Is often angry and resentful.
is often spiteful or vindictive.

For a diagnosis of ODD to be made, the disturbance in behavior must be causing significant problems in school, in relationships with family and friends, and in the workplace. ODD will not be diagnosed if the the therapist suspects that the teen's behaviors are being directly caused by another psychotic or mood disorder, such as bipolar disorder.

Kids with oppositional defiant disorder will show some of the same behaviors as those listed above for conduct disorder, including being very negative, angry and defiant. However, with ODD, one does not generally see the mean or cruel behavior that is present in conduct disorder, such as cruelty to animals....."

confused smiley So, they get ADHD diagnosis before age 7, then about the time they get that under control they suddenly have ODD or conduct disorder, but that's only if they don't have bi-polar or some other psychoses?? When is it time to admit that they are a born psychopath and a menace to society? Are we just to wait until they kill someone?angry smiley It pisses me off that these parents are WELL aware they have spawned bad seeds, but they unleash them on the general public anyway without warning.angry smiley
Re: "ODD" blamed for criminal/anti social behavior in kids
August 15, 2008
Maybe this is just me, but if a kid is 'oppositional' or 'defiant'...that is typical brat behavior and it can be corrected with some discipline. Therapy is not needed to diagnose brattiness. Every time I hear some Moo talking about how her Pweshus has ODD, I roll my eyes and laugh, because to me, ODD is code name for "Spineless Parent Disorder". I wonder why that's not in the DSM.

And come on...if a kid knows how to wield a weapon, hurts animals and has sexually abused someone, they do not have a 'conduct disorder' - they are fucking sociopaths. I wish psychologists would just come out and say when a child has sociopathic tendancies, rather than coddling the parents and telling them their snookums has a "conduct disorder". If a 5-year-old molests his infant sister and stabs her in the face with a kitchen knife, it is not a behavior problem - it is a mental problem. Unfortunately, the parents will only begin to care when Junior gets older and has a few murders and sexual assaults under his belt.
I just ran across a thoughtful response to the ODD thread from one of the members of that "parents with difficult kids" site. I like how they list the whole famble at the end and what's all wrong with them.tongue sticking out smiley

"I know a 6 year old that meets all the standards for ODD. In addition, she is cruel to animals (kicks her cats) and to people (pushed down a boy and repeatedly kicked him, pinched a child at school, slapped another child in the face, says mean things to other children, kicks and hits her mother). What would one make of this? The people in charge of this child think nothing is wrong. I have been begging them for years to get her some help.

Me - 33, Anxiety and situational depression. Was taking Zoloft 100mg, now taking Xanax .5mg as needed.

DEX - 38, we are in the process of a divorce. Not a pretty one.

DS - JK 8yo boy, SID, ADHD?- Trialed Ritalin, Metadate-CD, Strattera, Adderall-XR, Attend.
He is currently taking Risperdal .25mg. Mulitvitamin, Flouride, Melatonin as needed.
He has been through a lot. Ear surgery at 9 months, terrible weight loss (failure to thrive) as a toddler due to a milk protein allergy, released from speech therapy 6/2006. Underweight, living through a divorce.
Currently in a partial hospitalization program that he attends 4 days a week.
DD - NK- 4yo girl. So easy going, everyone should have one.eye rolling smiley

angry smiley If that kid kicked one of my cats it would be the last thing she ever kicked. ODD or not, even a monkey with a low IQ for a monkey would stop that shit if he was beaten within an inch of his life for doing something like that. That behavior is absolutely ridiculous and totally uncalled for. She doesn't need "help" she needs to have done to her what she does to other people or animals and then locked in her room for the duration of the day. Perhaps she would emerge with a different attitude. How do these kids get to stay in shcool with the punching, pushing, kicking, biting, etc....... confused smiley
August 15, 2008
Cambion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> And come on...if a kid knows how to wield a
> weapon, hurts animals and has sexually abused
> someone, they do not have a 'conduct disorder' -
> they are fucking sociopaths.

dingdingdingding
Once again, the Government always blame the illness, the symptoms and the disability for the kids to go wild and for Anti-Social Behaviour.

Yes, Indigo, Autism and ODD and other names like ABC-123 symptom whatever they call it exists.

It's all just another excuse for Dr Morals and the stupid breeders because the stupid moos can't discipline the kids.

All this illness is absolutly nothing to do with the ASBO. It is to do with all the human rights of children which means moos cannot discipline the kids.

In the UK. Kids with ASBO (Anti-Social Behavior Order) is like having a "medal of honour" to them.

In my time we never have this ASBO crap, we had an old fashion whippin of a lifetime. We had good spanking when we go out of line. Now they blame the stupid social life. BULL-CRAP. When the brat gets old, the brat know between right or wrong.

The problem in the UK is the government are 'too-soft' on the kids
In the UK, unlike 'breeders'/'moo' means 'bad parent'. We called bad youths -'Yobs'.

The UK system are too damn soft and easy on the yobs.
August 15, 2008
Geez, they really need to stop coddling and use some discipline. There is a child psychologist office downstairs from where I work. You can't believe the brats being dragged into the psychologist by their parent. The parent will say "oh it won't be bad. You'll just talk to the doctor and then I'll take you for ice cream or buy you such and such." I see it all the time. If only the parents would try saying no and using some disclipline, 99% of the psychologist's cases would disappear I'm sure.
All this crap honestly makes me just want to weep. Grow a backbone, take a bat to your damn kid, and I'd give you five to one the bullshit would stop overnight.

And parents think that this is going to be what looks after them when they get old. I shudder to think.
One of the cures for ODD is spelled S-P-A-N-K.
kidlesskim said:

"If that kid kicked one of my cats it would be the last thing she ever kicked. ODD or not, even a monkey with a low IQ for a monkey would stop that shit if he was beaten within an inch of his life for doing something like that. That behavior is absolutely ridiculous and totally uncalled for. She doesn't need "help" she needs to have done to her what she does to other people or animals and then locked in her room for the duration of the day. Perhaps she would emerge with a different attitude. How do these kids get to stay in shcool with the punching, pushing, kicking, biting, etc...."

I'll tell you how this fuckers get to stay in school. In my state, and I'm sure in others, there is a law that requires county school systems to provide funding for students who have behavioral disorders to go to special schools if their public schools can't provide an proper education for the student. So unless Shitford is raping and killing people the teachers and staff have to deal with him and pass him on or the school system loses money putting him in a private school.

I posted a story in the topic about "normal 6 yr old sexual behavior" about a boy that our system had to pay to send to another school. He basically was a young sexual predator.
August 16, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:
> I'll tell you how this fuckers get to stay in
> school. In my state, and I'm sure in others,
> there is a law that requires county school systems
> to provide funding for students who have
> behavioral disorders to go to special schools if
> their public schools can't provide an proper
> education for the student. So unless Shitford is
> raping and killing people the teachers and staff
> have to deal with him and pass him on or the
> school system loses money putting him in a private
> school.
>
> I posted a story in the topic about "normal 6 yr
> old sexual behavior" about a boy that our system
> had to pay to send to another school. He
> basically was a young sexual predator.

If this "parenting style" trend keeps up, pretty soon there will BE no "normal" kids left in public schools. My MIL first grade class has about 20 of the 30 students with an ADD, ADHD, Autism spectrum, or other diagnosis. She knows this because every quarter the white trash welfare mothers line up in droves to get their government papers signed by the teachers, so she can keep getting a check. Other than that one day of SRO every few months, they never see any of the moomies. The other 1/3 of the moomies generally are room mothers, participate when asked, and chaperone field trips.
kidlesskim Wrote:

> If this "parenting style" trend keeps up, pretty
> soon there will BE no "normal" kids left in public
> schools. My MIL first grade class has about 20 of
> the 30 students with an ADD, ADHD, Autism
> spectrum, or other diagnosis. She knows this
> because every quarter the white trash welfare
> mothers line up in droves to get their government
> papers signed by the teachers, so she can keep
> getting a check. Other than that one day of SRO
> every few months, they never see any of the
> moomies. The other 1/3 of the moomies generally
> are room mothers, participate when asked, and
> chaperone field trips.

So basically, 10 out of 30 in this selection are parents and the rest are goddamned breeders.

Let's just face facts as they are, MOST people who breed are BREEDERS, not parents. There are very few parents in this world, most people are breeding because their religion tells them to do so, or in the case of western breeders, because there is some kind of fucking check involved.
August 16, 2008
Exactly nowhiggers. When I was in Jr High school we had ONE "special ed" class that the slow learners went to which was basically in place of an elective class once a day. They were tutored in all of the "regular" subjects. This was in the late 70's so you might find a dyslexic kid or two in there and possibly a very mildly retarded kid or two. The rest were just slower than the rest. THEN we had a "short yellow bus" that went through the neighborhoods behind the "regular" busses and they picked up all of the sure enough retards and took them to a separate school entirely.

The ones with "behavioral problems" were picked up by traunt officers and served a stint in a school in juvie hall. MOST of the ones with bad behavior acted right when they got back to regular school and the ones who refused to conform to normal societal behavior were shipped off to a residential "jail/school". The girls who got knocked up either aborted or they were sent off to an "unwed mothers" school in the next city and gave the kid up for adoption, like they should have at 15 years of age.

Once the rejects were safely tucked away and out of sight at their various schools which catered to their "special needs", all of the "normal" kids were able to actually learn and pay attention. Who can pay attention in class when you have a kid bellowing out or otherwise causing disruptions? This "mainstreaming" is accomplishing nothing but lowering the standards for the normal kids. Since it's being done in elementary school now with every retard and fucked up kid being hoisted upon the normal kids, We will continue to see a rise in behavioral problems in "normal" kids. When they realize Rita The Retard gets to kick, scream, and bite the teacher and doesn't even get in trouble, you can BET there will be copy cats.

Separation of retards from normal is the best way and it ALWAYS worked in the past. If it ain't broke, why fix it? There were approx 30 special needs" kids in my Jr high of about 500 students, and maybe 10 or so that the truant officers got to know, and there were 2 kids in my neighborhood who got picked up by the short bus, so perhaps 40 or so rejects in all out of 500+/-. That's less than 10% for ALL COMBINED including the criminals in training, which I would think is about average. This 50%+ that are "special needs" now is COMPLETE BULL SHIT.
kidlesskim said:
"Once the rejects were safely tucked away and out of sight at their various schools which catered to their "special needs", all of the "normal" kids were able to actually learn and pay attention. Who can pay attention in class when you have a kid bellowing out or otherwise causing disruptions? This "mainstreaming" is accomplishing nothing but lowering the standards for the normal kids. Since it's being done in elementary school now with every retard and fucked up kid being hoisted upon the normal kids, We will continue to see a rise in behavioral problems in "normal" kids. When they realize Rita The Retard gets to kick, scream, and bite the teacher and doesn't even get in trouble, you can BET there will be copy cats."

Oh to be back to the days of the special ed room being in the basement by the boiler room! But, no! The moos want their special kids in with the normal ones. They want to pretend there's nothing wrong with their little darlings. Little do they know that most regular ed teachers have NO idea of what to do with or how to teach their kids. I know the only class dealing with special ed I had in college was called SUrvey of the Exceptional Child. It only taught us about the different disorders, not what to do with the kids that have them.

If these stupid parunts would let their kids be in special ed they might actually learn some life skills. I know when I had blooming tards in my classes I spent most of my time just trying to control their behavior, not teaching them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login