Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Large majority of people want families in separate sections on planes

Posted by CheeseLouise 
http://www.examiner.com/p-212395~85_Percent_of_Flying_Public_Wants_to_See_Children_in_Separate_Section_of_Plane.html

85%!! See, we are not alone. What gets me is that 85% has to include a LOT of parents who don't like being subjected to other people's brats.

I'm chanting to all you airlines out there: DO IT....DO IT....DO IT!!! I'd be SO much more likely to travel. I'd even pay extra!!

Take the survey and then see the results:

http://www.airfarewatchdog.com/link/kidssurvey
Re: Large majority of people want families in separate sections on planes
August 15, 2008
I am all about this but why, oh why, can't there be cf places in neutral areas (like, I don't expect one in chuck e cheez but any other popular place?)
That's all well and good - I'd LOVE to see famblees in separate sections. Nothing would suit me more.

Unfortunately, the way it always turns out, is that famblees end up getting the nicer, more desirable areas of restaurants, etc., because otherwise, they start crying foul and feeling victimized, staging nurse-ins, change-ins, and any other attention-grabbing activity they can think of.
It's a start, but unless it has steel re-enforced walls and soundproof, I doubt it could help much. I think they need to make adult only flights, but they would probably charge astronomical prices and WE would have to pay the prices, rather than the other way around. As it is, the fambless get free passage for the brats. I think they should put a stop to that and it might discourage them from flying. Maybe if the price (free) wasn't so attractive, they might load the kid up on a Greyhound instead.

People who take busses don't seem to complain much, so let them deal with it for awhile.
August 15, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> People who take busses don't seem to complain
> much, so let them deal with it for awhile.

'Ja read about the poor bastard who got his head cut off on a greyhound? If you haven't i'll send it to ya- there's a vacation memory Snotleigh won't soon forget...
August 15, 2008
Bleah! The Dog is a hell of it's own, which I actually prefer because there are rarely fambiles...probably due to the high number of criminals...and you don't have to get your felt up by some power mad pervy TSA official.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Separate seating for families: I think this is a great idea.
Rose Red Wrote:
> kidlesskim Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > People who take busses don't seem to complain
> > much, so let them deal with it for awhile.
>
>
> 'Ja read about the poor bastard who got his head
> cut off on a greyhound? If you haven't i'll send
> it to ya- there's a vacation memory Snotleigh
> won't soon forget...

I hadn't seen that one, yeah send it. Back when I still had a small amount of naivety'and thought taking a Greyhound was like in the commercials, I took one from Lexington Ky to Montgomery,AL. It was the worst, dirtiest, and scariest 16 hours of my life. I had no IDEA a 5 hour trip could take 16. I boarded with white jeans on and when I disembarked, they were gray and stained with God only knows what.

My co-passengers were eating pizza from boxes they pulled from the trash at the stop overs ( I saw them retrieve them), drinking booze from bottles in paper bags, and openly rolling joints. I was "hit on" at LEAST 5 times and the toilet was a rotting cesspool. Never again will I take a bus as I think that hitch hiking would be cleaner and safer. It may have changed since 1988, but I ain't taking any chances.
The Greyhound is truly Satan's chariot. If you want to meet some REALLY interesting people, you should take it at least once in your life.

Kim, I always wondered why it took twice as long as it should for them to get anywhere too. esp as here in Canada, they're always going 80mph.
Thanks, kidlesskim! We just came back from riding Gayhound--er Greyhound. There are people who take it because they cannot afford anything else. Of course, on the trip out, there was a screaming brat. Lots of people complained, but nothing was done. I think the CF need to start organising to get various forms of public transit (planes, trains, and buses) to start cracking down on this shit.

As for famblees-only sections on planes or even famblees-only cars on Amtrak, I'm all for it. Of course, the CF will probably be the ones bearing the cost, cause, doncha know, WE made the problem (havy sarky).
August 15, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> Rose Red Wrote:
> -----
> > kidlesskim Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > >
> > > People who take busses don't seem to complain
> > > much, so let them deal with it for awhile.
> >
> >
> > 'Ja read about the poor bastard who got his
> head
> > cut off on a greyhound? If you haven't i'll
> send
> > it to ya- there's a vacation memory Snotleigh
> > won't soon forget...
>
> I hadn't seen that one, yeah send it.

check your PMs
August 15, 2008
Whew! I hope Greyhound HAS changed since the 80s! Yikes!

I have to say I've traveled a lot on Amtrak and never had a bad experience. Clean and nice and oh how I love tootling along, anywhere on a train! Canada's VIArail was even better! Vista-Dome car! Yay! I lived up there! Crossed the entire country of canada staring raptly from the dome car, especially in the beautiful Canada Rockies. Oh, wow. Annnyways...

Took the survey. Heck yeah I want separate family sections, but it will never happen. The airlines are operating on such razor-thin profit margins now that they have to pack in the maximum # of passengers, so they could never predict how many families sign up for a particular flight, and maintaining a quota would result in major screaming from the "outraged" families doncha know. But we can still dream...
August 16, 2008
Greyhound... **shudder**

One of the worst experiences in my life. I would have considered being chosen by the Chinese murderer/cannibal a thankful release from being immersed in the seething cesspit that's a Greyhound Bus.

As for separate 'fambly' cabins in the air, YES. Mandatory. Now. YOU wanted the freakin things, so YOU sit with them and their stink and puke and screaming and shit. You can re-enter civilised company when the last of your offspring turn 18, you take a long hot shower, tidy yourself up like a human being, and you never mention them in overaffectionate cloying terms ever again.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
August 16, 2008
(crosses Greyhound off list of travel options). Blech.

Heck, I'll take it further and say I wouldn't mind child-free neighborhoods. My, how misanthropic. Oh well. My sister's in-laws live in a child-free sub for older adults. Initially my family members spoke about it as if this were an unnatural and weird thing...heck, they have the right idea to choose that CF option. It would be even better if such a zoned area had their property taxes decreased by the amount devoted to local schools. Just a beautiful dream....
Check out this link:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/babies.htm

This person (not sure who it is) invented an airplane idea.
At the middle of the page (Attention Airline Corperation) shows a diagram of the airplane with separate rooms with soundproof noise so you can't hear kids crying.

Since CheeseLouise come up with this topic. I like to add this in the mix.
clematis Wrote:
> (crosses Greyhound off list of travel options).
> Blech.
>
> Heck, I'll take it further and say I wouldn't mind
> child-free neighborhoods. My, how misanthropic. Oh
> well. My sister's in-laws live in a child-free sub
> for older adults. Initially my family members
> spoke about it as if this were an unnatural and
> weird thing...heck, they have the right idea to
> choose that CF option. It would be even better if
> such a zoned area had their property taxes
> decreased by the amount devoted to local schools.
> Just a beautiful dream....

Those USED to be reality as late as the 70's, but were outlawed. ALL of my parent's single or divorced friends who had no children or none who lived with them lived in neighborhoods like that. Almost ALL apartment complexes had "adult only" sections and their own pools where NO KIDS WERE ALLOWED, period. No visiting brats, no weekend dads with brats in tow, no grandpups were allowed. They had to take those kids to the "famblee pool" if they wanted to swim. I believe it was outlawed during Reagan's admin when some moo was denied housing in an adult only facility near her kid's school. Even now in retirement communities where there's a homeowner's assoc, the "no kids allowed" policies are being challenged.

Down in Florida they had/have a court battle going on because some grandparents now have custody of their drug addict daughter's kid, and the other residents are raising hell. They are claiming they can't sell their house, but I don't think they have tried very hard. Their answer is " What are we supposed to do?". GET RID OF THE KID OR MOVE, would be my answer. Can you imagine paying THAT kind of money for what amounts to an expensive retirement resort, and have a 3 y/o riding a fucking big wheel up and down the side walks and in and around the golf carts at the greens, splashing around and pissing in the pristine pools, or squealing in the backyard?

I think those retirement villages need to tighten the reigns NOW, while they still retain the right to say NO KIDS.
kidlesskim Wrote:
> clematis Wrote:
> -----
> > (crosses Greyhound off list of travel options).
> > Blech.
> >
> > Heck, I'll take it further and say I wouldn't
> mind
> > child-free neighborhoods. My, how misanthropic.
> Oh
> > well. My sister's in-laws live in a child-free
> sub
> > for older adults. Initially my family members
> > spoke about it as if this were an unnatural and
> > weird thing...heck, they have the right idea to
> > choose that CF option. It would be even better
> if
> > such a zoned area had their property taxes
> > decreased by the amount devoted to local
> schools.
> > Just a beautiful dream....
>
>
> Those USED to be reality as late as the 70's, but
> were outlawed. ALL of my parent's single or
> divorced friends who had no children or none who
> lived with them lived in neighborhoods like that.
> Almost ALL apartment complexes had "adult only"
> sections and their own pools where NO KIDS WERE
> ALLOWED, period. No visiting brats, no weekend
> dads with brats in tow, no grandpups were allowed.
> They had to take those kids to the "famblee pool"
> if they wanted to swim. I believe it was outlawed
> during Reagan's admin when some moo was denied
> housing in an adult only facility near her kid's
> school. Even now in retirement communities where
> there's a homeowner's assoc, the "no kids allowed"
> policies are being challenged.
>
> Down in Florida they had/have a court battle going
> on because some grandparents now have custody of
> their drug addict daughter's kid, and the other
> residents are raising hell. They are claiming they
> can't sell their house, but I don't think they
> have tried very hard. Their answer is " What are
> we supposed to do?". GET RID OF THE KID OR MOVE,
> would be my answer. Can you imagine paying THAT
> kind of money for what amounts to an expensive
> retirement resort, and have a 3 y/o riding a
> fucking big wheel up and down the side walks and
> in and around the golf carts at the greens,
> splashing around and pissing in the pristine
> pools, or squealing in the backyard?
>
> I think those retirement villages need to tighten
> the reigns NOW, while they still retain the right
> to say NO KIDS.

This is so fucking unfair it is not funny! Only the childed have rights. CF seniors don't have the right to a quiet retirement because of the essential selfishness of breeders. I am so sick of them and their screaming, drooling, shitting, pissing spawn ruining EVERYFUCKINGTHING! I hope the communities start tightening the rules because the CF have as much of a right to quality of life as the childed and that quality of life does NOT include brats!

I got this shit from my FIL when I told him that we were CF that we would learn to live with kids whilst with them. If they ever again ask why we will not visit them, well, the answer will be "Maybe YOUfeel obliged to put up with children in your life, but we do not and will avoid doing so as much as possible".
August 17, 2008
I would love to have an adults-only airline, but the breeders would cry discrimination if anyone attempted to do it.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
I would love to have an adults only section of our planet!
August 17, 2008
So would I, bratBgone. If breeders will have a fit over an adults-only airline, just imagine if someone proposed an adults only section of our planet.

I know someone who said that in California, they had brat-free apartments in the 1970s; you don't see that anymore. This is an idea that needs to come back in a very strong way!

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
Although you don't see a lot of kids on rush hour commuter trains, they are usually very annoying when they are there. I would like to see "Quiet Cars" on commuter trains for the kids and cell-phone yakkers!
August 17, 2008
deegee Wrote:
> Although you don't see a lot of kids on rush hour
> commuter trains, they are usually very annoying
> when they are there. I would like to see "Quiet
> Cars" on commuter trains for the kids and
> cell-phone yakkers!

We have these here in the UK! They're great. Everyone widely respects them. Admittedly there are often some embarrassing moments when the peace is broken by someone's phone going off because the owner forgot to switch it to silent, but that person does not sit there and chat into the phone -- they put it to voicemail or else shuffle quickly into the next carriage to talk. I've rarely seen anyone under 16 in the quiet carriages, and the once or twice I've seen kids in there, aged about 7-8, their in-control mum must've had their lips stitched firmly together because there was not one peep. It is BLISS after a long hard day at work.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
August 17, 2008
I think a famblee-only section on planes might work - breeders would be delusional enough to think the airlines loves them to bits when, in reality, they're trying to separate them from the normal non-shrieky people. Then problem would be finding a flight attendant willing to deal with a cabin full of screaming kids and bitchy parents.

I'm sure one of them would scream discrimination, though. Because Moos are never ever under any circumstances grateful for anything.
Cambion Wrote:
> I think a famblee-only section on planes might
> work - breeders would be delusional enough to
> think the airlines loves them to bits when, in
> reality, they're trying to separate them from the
> normal non-shrieky people. Then problem would be
> finding a flight attendant willing to deal with a
> cabin full of screaming kids and bitchy parents.
> I'm sure one of them would scream discrimination,
> though. Because Moos are never ever under any
> circumstances grateful for anything.

EXACTLY cambion. They don't WANT to be separated from the rest. They want to be mainstreamed into every fucking thing there is and suck the life out of any adult enjoyment left. Golf courses? They scream that there should be a "kids section" and demand they are allowed to play through. A bar or package store where old men sit around and play cards and smoke cigars? They demand that the smoking be cut out because THEY might grace the establishment with their presence, stroller in tow, for 5 or 10 minutes to pick up a bottle of wine which could have EASILY been purchased at the corner grocery.

College without daycare? It's becoming a thing of the past. Pools(private and public) without flotations devices FILLED WITH KIDS clogging up the deep end?; GONE. Tailgate parties where draft beer and boisterous fun used to freely flow has been replaced by FAMBLEES picnicking nearby, so everyone has to be "good". Smoking at an open air stadium? THAT might allow some second hand smoke to drift 20 or 30 bleachers away and up a kyd's delicate nostrils. Medicine without childproof caps? TOUGH SHIT POOR OLD ARTHRITIC LADY, some kyd of a cleaning lady might climb up onto your sink in the bathroom and accidentally overdose.

They have taken over public transportation, made our private vehicles more expensive and inconvenient with all of these "kyd safety devices", you can't even walk through a zoo or public park without tripping over some safety regulated and over sized buggy with a kid strapped into it. If WE have it, then THEY want it or want it taken away. I think their motivation is jealousy. They know the truth because they live it and they want the CF, the empty nesters who already SERVED their sentences, to suffer like they are. However, it's all done in the name of "the chyldren", when in fact it's because the breeders are selfish as hell.
Not to mention that even IF there were famblee sections on planes, the breeders would demand that it be first-class accommodations...large, fully reclining seats, any toy or entertainment their brats could possibly want, full-scale meals (only brat approved, of course), and SNAP-SNAP service from the flight attendants, including free babysitting so that the breeders can have "a well-deserved vacation from doing TMIJITW." All at rock-bottom prices, naturally, with a KIDS FLY FREE feature!

There is just NO winning with breeders.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login