Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ad for Volcanic water....

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
Ad for Volcanic water....
August 15, 2008
I saw an ad at a bus stop for some bottled water, called something like Voltic, Volcanic ????

It said:

take one, give 10.

For every liter you buy of Volcatic Water, we'll give 10 liters of clean drinking water to children in Ethipoia.

Soooooo, do they let their parents and other adults just die of thirst or what?

Sick of the pandering!!!!
Re: Ad for Volcanic water....
August 15, 2008
I hope they put warnings on it that it's not drinkable or potable. Otherwise, some idiot moo will fill a baby bottle with it. They don't need to give these people anything, but a free sterilization. I think these Christian missionary groups should stop spending money on building useless churches and schools. Their intent is to force their religion on an a disinterested but willing group because they hold a sandwich over their heads. They need to take that same money and sterilize these people.

Perhaps when their population is under control and they have enough food, there won't BE any rickets looking kids with flies buzzing around their heads for them to exploit. I am sick of commercials depicting one of these starving kids that says, "For the price of a cup of coffee, you can build a school and a church for little Achmed". Little Achmed needs some food, not bible classes, and God knows Sally Struthers could spare some of her lunch. I HATE how they use "the chylllldren", when in reality they don't give a shit about these kids, rather their interest is in lining their wallets.

They know the big eyed kyds will bring in more donatations as no one feels anything but disgust for a callous footed moomie with a makeshift water jug full of parasites balanced on her head, which is exactly where the kyd is heading. How did these people survive before airplanes and boats were invented to ship them food? There is something very wrong with this picture, very wrong indeed.
cf uter
August 16, 2008
Here's the text of the whole ad:

For every liter of Volvic bottled water you purchase between April 1st and August 31st, Volvic will make a donation to enable UNICEF to provide at least 10 liters of clean, safe drinkable water to children in Ethiopia. Your participation will help supply clean drinking water to 25,000 people! Over 2/3 of the households in Ethiopia do not have access to safe water and the water supply and sanitation coverage in the Benishangul-Gumuz region in Ethiopia is one of the lowest in the country.

Next time you are standing in front of the shelf buying some water, please remember the difference you could make by purchasing Volvic.
August 16, 2008
Like all of these other "save the chyyllldren" campaigns, if they spent the several hundred thousand dollars they undoubtedly spend on the ad campaigns, paying the spokespeople, and on "administrative costs", and just outright spent THAT money on the ones they are trying to "save", they would accomplish a whole lot more. If they did that though, their organizers wouldn't be getting rich AND they wouldn't be getting public recognition for their faux philanthropy.

I HATE these "save the kyds" campaigns. Like the late great George Carlin said once, "Why doesn't the camera man give the kid a fucking sandwich!!??"
August 16, 2008
"Their intent is to force their religion on an a disinterested but willing group because they hold a sandwich over their heads."

Yep, kidlesskim nails it again. Makes my stomach churn with revulsion.

Another urgent yet neglected need in much of Africa is malaria prevention. I just wrote an article about it and it turns out malaria is still the world's leading cause of death, and the recurring fever-chill cycle debilitates people to the point of causing crippling economic harm, devastatiang whole communities. Cheap nets and DDT house treatments can make the difference between starvation and running a productive home.

There's a beautifully-written, informative article on the subject from National Geographic: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2007/07/malaria/finkel-text
August 16, 2008
Two words: Water Aid.

This is one of the best charities ever created, and guess what, they provide water for every human being, not just chiiiiildren.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login