Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stupidity needs to be allowed to be more fatal.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Stupidity needs to be allowed to be more fatal.
August 29, 2014
We're just now finishing up the last day of the first week of school in our little town here. Even if I'd been living under a rock, I'd know school had started back up-- from the dramatic uptick of sirens. I shit you not... every. Fucking. Day this week. Up until this past Monday, it was pretty quiet here.

What the hell is happening that these dumbasses can't get through the first week of classes without emergency intervention? I've completed many, many years of schooling (I was a professional student in college for a while, lol) without a single ambulance, fire truck, or cop being called for me.

Is it allergic reactions to impure things like water or air? Are they finding out in the moments after detaching from Mommy's tittie for the first time that the world won't, in fact, reconfigure itself to keep them safe and content?

Nowadays I just laugh when one of these Darwin Award-winners actually makes the news. Yeah yeah, it's "soooo tragic". Right. What's tragic is that these morons had no clue that real life, the laws of physics, etc. apply to them. Maybe if newly ex-moos and "traumatized" classmates would stop blubbering into the nearest camera for thirty fucking seconds, they might learn something. After all, the lesson is apparently being offered again and again...
Re: Stupidity needs to be allowed to be more fatal.
August 29, 2014
There have been a lot of incidents with kids taking guns to schools in our area. So much so that one elementary school, rather than have to call the cops all the time, the police department set up a police sub-station right in the school. That way, the police leave for other places from the school because the school creates the most calls.
August 29, 2014
I am of the opinion that Darwin will not be denied. Delaying the inevitable only makes the ending that much more spectacular and increases the likely hood of taking innocent bystanders with them...
breakstuff
I am of the opinion that Darwin will not be denied. Delaying the inevitable only makes the ending that much more spectacular and increases the likely hood of taking innocent bystanders with them...

Yeah, and that last part is really bothersome, even moreso than the days-long media circus stuffed with wailing "friends of the victim".

Toward the end of the term, there'll be several stories of geniuses playing chicken with the train and (surprise!!!) losing-- but you don't hear about whatever merits all the sirens this early on. It's been happening for several years now.

@Mr. Neptune: I know what you mean. I don't think there are dedicated cop shops or metal detectors at the high schools here-- yet-- but there is at least one cop car parked at each campus every day now. Reason #416 I'm glad I don't have sprog being filtered through that system...
August 31, 2014
All of the schools in the Pittsburgh area now have metal detectors, especially since one of the students at one of the best high schools in Western PA decided to be like Chop-Chop and stabbed 22 students and a security guard with his mother's Chicago Cutlery. The school with the mini police station is an elementary school. Come to think of it, this could be a way for cities to save money, have the school district build the police station in their schools so that the municipality doesn't have to.
September 01, 2014
mr. neptune
There have been a lot of incidents with kids taking guns to schools in our area. So much so that one elementary school, rather than have to call the cops all the time, the police department set up a police sub-station right in the school. That way, the police leave for other places from the school because the school creates the most calls.

That's like the Simpsons episode where they start storing prisoners in the school to help with prison overcrowding, except here they could just start co-locating the elementary school on the prison grounds.
September 01, 2014
I almost feel guilty for laughing at this thread!:chug

It takes a child to raze a village.
September 01, 2014
I think public education needs an overhaul. Just because we've always shipped junior off to brick-and-mortar schools doesn't mean we have to continue on this path. Why not keep the little savages at home and let them learn online? They can meet once a week at an institution for nonsense like gym class or counseling. I don't think kids need forced socialization - their mothers already hand-pick their playdate friends anyway, so why force them to share a classroom with bullies and scumbags?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 01, 2014
Miss_Hannigan
I think public education needs an overhaul. Just because we've always shipped junior off to brick-and-mortar schools doesn't mean we have to continue on this path. Why not keep the little savages at home and let them learn online? They can meet once a week at an institution for nonsense like gym class or counseling. I don't think kids need forced socialization - their mothers already hand-pick their playdate friends anyway, so why force them to share a classroom with bullies and scumbags?

I don't know if the elementary students could learn everything online, and socialization is important at that age.

But I really do not care how an overhaul is done per se, as long as it's done with the idea that if you have children that use the school system, you need to pay more, and if not, you get to pay less.
September 03, 2014
I am at the ripe old age of 22.. In another week Ill be 23... And might I say this shit scares the fuck out of me. Because I am going to have to actually deal with these fuckers when the eter the real world, which they will proceed to fuck up because a million screaming sneauxflakes cant be fucking wrong.

When I was a kid I didnt need any sort of emergency intervention at ALL. Shit the closest we ever got was when one of the dumb kids in my class pulled the fire alarm and the parents got fined for it. Thats it. Now its sirens every day? really? wtf?
Anonymous User
September 03, 2014
I was a freshman in high school in 2002, and there were bomb threats for like, the first month and of school, quite frequently. The worst was one morning when we were outside in gym class and it was fucking freezing, and we couldn't go back into the school until the threat was neutralized (there was no bomb, they were just trolls I assume) and it SUCKED.
Then one kid set a toilet seat on fire and we all had to evacuate for the rest of the day.
The bomb threats were a pain, they stopped when it went into winter, and as far as I remember I didn't have any more during high school. We did have the morons pulling the fire alarm but I assume that's standard in like, every school.

But man, the shit that goes down these days. I'm only 26 and already griping "back in my day!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login