Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jealous breeder says having children is a "delayed happiness"

Posted by ladybug2203 
Jealous breeder says having children is a "delayed happiness"
September 27, 2014
http://www.babble.com/kid/the-problem-with-married-couples-who-have-no-kids/

my comments in red

Married couples without kids don’t get it.que?

My best friend is married, no kids. He moved in to his childhood neighborhood, across from his old school which is now closed. It sits empty because too many empty nesters sucked the demand dry. Meanwhile, the edges of our city have kids being bused as schools are bursting at the seams.thanks to us you don't have even more kids being bused as schools burst at the seams, your welcome grinning smiley

If you don’t want to have kids, get out of neighborhoods with schools. Move downtown, or to a chic restaurant district where you need half the space and your “no curfew” lifestyle won’t be cramped by strollers on the streets.

Another colleague moved to the burbs and lamented the lack of social scene. She and her husband live in a 4 bedroom 3000 sq ft home. It’s just the 2 of them, yet she was perplexed why she couldn’t meet anyone who didn’t have any kids complaining that she was “feeling especially isolated, out in these-here burbs“. That will happen when you moved into a subdivision sans kids.the stupid hurts

When you’re a couple and you make the choice not to have kids, you don’t get it.waving hellolarious You’re a DINK (pardon the double entendre). You’ve got two incomes and half the expenses.and your point is?

When you have kids, a weekend escape isn’t just a quick flight for 2, it’s a flight for 4, and you can’t get the king sized bed, you need the suite, and then the dinners are not for 2, they’re for 3, or 4, or 5. What might cost you $800 for a quick getaway will cost me $1500.So where is the appeal in this again?

These people are most likely the type of whiners that are now having children banned from a food court in Australia. These are the type of people who are complaining about kids on airplanes.No asshole, kids who behave half way civilized instead of like apes on crack are welcome, I have a problem with kids on planes, restaurants etc who act up and the breeders dont do shit about it Married couples who have no kids are the types of people who are trying to get kids kicked out of restaurants.Just as childed people are trying to turn adult only venues into "family friendly" places

As many of us delay having kids until deep into our 30s, and then some find it’s too late and skip the process altogether, we’re finding ourselves with a Me generation of adults, not adolescents.Thats not our fault asshat, we have "me" adults because breeders are raising little emperors/empresses who refuse to say "no" and cant be bothered to discipline the tykes

Yes, a recent study shows that married couples without children are happier than those withyes this is true, but selfishness will do that to you. oh i seeeeeeeBesides, I could just as easily point to a study done a year earlier that says breeders are happier than non-breeders.and where is this said study?

Happiness is a relative subject, it would appear.keep telling yourself that My childless friends are happy having a last minute golf weekend away, and I’m happy sitting in on a Wednesday night baking cookies and reading Dr Seuss.then why are you writing an article bitching about childfree ppl? happy ppl dont bitch about others

Perhaps parenting is a case of ‘delayed happiness.’ waving hellolarious It may be stressful and hectic now, but when I’m old I will have children and grandchildren to keep me company and I will be showered in family. most likely you wont, even if they do how is this not selfish? besides, what if I dont want to be showered in family? I wonder how happy a childless couple will be when they’re at the end of the line?same place as you, in a nursing home being cared for by nursing home attendants, except we'll be rolling in more dough grinning smiley

:bedmadelie
Re: Jealous breeder says having children is a "delayed happiness"
September 27, 2014
Moo Lows
My best friend is married, no kids. He moved in to his childhood neighborhood, across from his old school which is now closed. It sits empty because too many empty nesters sucked the demand dry. Meanwhile, the edges of our city have kids being bused as schools are bursting at the seams.

Really don't want to stereotype the CF but I'm not seeing too many of us, especially those of us who came from Breeder Burbias, - moving back to The Breeder Containment Areas. And "across from his old school' ? That's laying it on a bit thick, eh?

And "Sucked the demand dry" makes no sense.

smile rolling left righteyes2
September 27, 2014
If Moo here was genuinely happy with the way her life is, why would she feel so threatened by childfree people and the way they live their lives? This goes for any breeder, not just this particular moron.

Moooooo
If you don’t want to have kids, get out of neighborhoods with schools. Move downtown, or to a chic restaurant district where you need half the space and your “no curfew” lifestyle won’t be cramped by strollers on the streets.

Because all CF people are obviously rich from not having babbies, so of course we can all afford luxury condos or huge apartments right in the heart of the nearest metropolis. And since we have no brats in tow, we aren't allowed to have big living spaces. Those are only for the heifers and their bastard calves. We should all only live in tiny studio apartments. I'm sure, for that occasional apartment-dwelling breeder, it'd be best if all CFers went and lived in the ghetto in various rat holes, nestled among the other scum of society where we belong. smile rolling left righteyes2

I fail to see the point of this article beyond a butthurt Moo cow bitching about the childfree and trying to validate her life choices to herself by telling herself that she's such a saint for having to pay extra to do anything due to the existence of her kids. And trust me, I think there are a few of us who wouldn't want to live in the suburbs if we could help it because we don't want to have to worry about walking our dogs and being met with the sight of someone's free-range tardler taking a dump on our lawn.

Mooooo
Happiness is a relative subject, it would appear. My childless friends are happy having a last minute golf weekend away, and I’m happy sitting in on a Wednesday night baking cookies and reading Dr Seuss.

Then shut the fuck up if you're happy! A childfree couple having a weekend getaway makes them happy, baking cookies and reading with your kids makes you happy. No one is harming anyone, and we're all adults and can decide what the fuck to do with our free time and money. Why's this woman so offended over unchilded people and their happiness? Children won't make everyone happy.

Of course, the answer to my questions are right in the topic title. Jealousy. Deep down, Moo regrets the life she chose and decided to whine to the internets to make herself feel better and maybe even convince herself that her life is actually good. Someone who is truly happy with their life won't complain about how their peers who chose something different are living.
September 28, 2014
This idiot's opening paragraph makes no sense. She says that the school in her friend's neighborhood is closed because of the empty nesters (?), but schools on the edge of the city are bursting at the seams because kids from these CF-filled neighborhoods are being bused there. I work for a public school district, and this is not how it works. A school in a low enrollment neighborhood will not be closed if other schools in the district are close to full. If this were the case, kids from the full area would be bused to the empty area to use the empty school and lessen the burden on the full one.

At least, I think this is what the moo is trying to say. Her syntax is so poor I have a hard time following her thoughts. As Zzelda pointed out, "sucked the demand dry" makes no sense. Moo tried to use a popular phrase ("sucked it dry") and failed miserably. And why the dig at empty nesters? Why do breeders hate old people so much? Unless moo was using that phrase incorrectly, and she meant CF people in general instead of people with kids who grew up and left home. Given the rest of her writing, I think it's very possible that she used what she thought was a catchy sounding phrase without knowing what it really means.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
September 28, 2014
I'm sorry moo, all I read was "I want you to move away so I can pretend you don't exist". Out of sight and mind = less jealousy and dissonance. I get it. That whole "delayed happiness" thing was a knee-slapper. If selfishness = happiness! the why would she want to be happy? Isn't that SELFISH? Lol! I love the selfish argument.

I know you don't understand much about the world, moo, but EVERYONE is selfish. Some little child went without a family because you had to have your own baby. Sit on that for a minute.
September 28, 2014
We posted this article and its ranting breeder a few years back. The guy lives in Calgary, Canada and is pissed off that he has to live at the edges of the city because empty nesters and CF people wont voluntarily sell their homes (at a low price) to breeders like him.

His name is Buzz Bishop.

Oh looky, looky, Duhd campy duhd wrote a rebuttal to his rant that has gone viral. You can read it here:

http://dad-camp.com/oh-hai-backchannel-of-the-internets/#comments

And looky, looky, he even mentioned Bratfree in his rebuttal rant, and linked to this:

http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,295009,295127#msg-295127

Hey asshole, I own a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath house within walking distance of a high quality elementary school. I have a beautiful vegetable and flower garden in the back. If you can't afford kids and a nice home, that is your problem. It is not my responsibility to leave, or sell my home to you just because you didn't know condoms existed. I'm not squatting on any land. I purchased my home from empty nesters legal, fair and square. If it pissed you off that I can afford a nice home in a safe neighborhood, then too bad. BTW, we have gay and lesbian CF couples here too. smiling smiley
September 28, 2014
The whole moo rant reeks of jealousy and breeder regret. If she really was that happy, she wouldn't feel the need to bitch out the CF.

Again, sucks to be moo.

I just went away for the weekend and I can tell you that the people who are the most vociferous in complaining about crack monkey kyds are NOT the CF. Parents don't spare each other one bit, and PNBs resent breeders for not putting the work in to ensure their brats don't run feral.
September 28, 2014
I was going to pick this entire article apart myself too - there's nothing on TV and I need something to entertain myself with grinning smiley

But first, when I went to look again - I noticed this 'update' on the original Moo Lowing screed -

UPDATE: Thanks for clicking and commenting everyone. You’ll note this is a specific rant against a specific type of people. A Newsweek article was the jumping off point for this rant, you might find it interesting.
Go to the orig. thing and click on the highlighted 'Newsweek...' for that mess.

Which is another thing I think we've seen and dissected before ~

But yet, it seems different, reworked, and / or has more details. "Hookah Bar" stood out to me - we've 'seen that one before' - but IIRC - the 'Perpetually Adolescent' 'Hipsters' in that one included a Gay guy. In this one, it's diff people and they seem to work at some 'toy shop'. Which I take to be kids' toys.

Go look at that, esp. those who remember 'that other one'. This seems almost the same - and you might back click away from it thinking 'seen it' - they mention the Hookah Bar right off - but if you keep reading - the details and people are different.

I noticed also, on the orig. Moo Cow's lowing site - under the "babble" logo it says - Courtesy of Disney

Um, maybe we can make some inferences from that angle also.

And in the linked Newsweek piece - that goes on to bleat about Too Many Olds, and tries to scare The Liberals with the idea that The Conservatives are out breeding them. It does not occur to them that many of *those kids* will probably convert to Liberal. Not all of us Booze Swilling, Ever Partying, CFs came out from under rocks you know.

Also - the logic that most of the Baby Boom population bulge - will soon be dying off. Each year more will go. What, they're all going to live to be 150 and eat us up like Zombies?

IT'S BULLSHIT! :BS :BS :BS

Now will return to picking the orig. Moo Lowing (COURTESY OF DISNEY!) apart! grinning smiley
September 28, 2014
Duhd Camp
The thesis, however, remains – childless couples are becoming ever demanding and selfish in a campaign against kids. If you put yourself in place where kids are going to be, don’t complain about it. Stop squatting on land that families need near schools.

Languages have words, and those words have meanings. "Squatting" implies the illegal use of land by those who don't own it. If childfree people are purchasing land through legal means, there's simply no "squatting" happening.

And this idiot should be thanking his lucky stars that childfree folks live in town. They pay all the taxes and take virtually nothing from "the system." They aren't demanding anything, other than maybe to stop being harassed by people like Duhd while they are living in and taking care of properties that they legally own.
September 28, 2014
Here we go ~ my thoughts in blue ~

Married couples without kids don’t get it.

My best friend is married, no kids. He moved in to his childhood neighborhood, across from his old school which is now closed. It sits empty because too many empty nesters sucked the demand dry. Meanwhile, the edges of our city have kids being bused as schools are bursting at the seams.

Excuse me - I think you, Moo, have this reversed. There are FAR MORE of YOU trying to wedge yourself, and your Snotlings, into the 'Hip, Urban areas'. Also - you are projecting your jealousy about the fantasy life you think the CF are living.

Another colleague moved to the burbs and lamented the lack of social scene. She and her husband live in a 4 bedroom 3000 sq ft home. It’s just the 2 of them, yet she was perplexed why she couldn’t meet anyone who didn’t have any kids complaining that she was “feeling especially isolated, out in these-here burbs“. That will happen when you moved into a subdivision sans kids.

Um, I don't think there's a mass exodus of Single, CF, and what Cow seems to envision as 'trendy' types - to The Burbs. Hiptsters, Yuppies, Scenesters, and Various Urban Weirdos are not really prone to using the words "these - here burbs" either. Scary Weirdos and / or the CF tend NOT to speak like Red Necks. smile rolling left righteyes2

When you’re a couple and you make the choice not to have kids, you don’t get it. You’re a DINK (pardon the double entendre). You’ve got two incomes and half the expenses.

When you have kids, a weekend escape isn’t just a quick flight for 2, it’s a flight for 4, and you can’t get the king sized bed, you need the suite, and then the dinners are not for 2, they’re for 3, or 4, or 5. What might cost you $800 for a quick getaway will cost me $1500.

smile rolling left righteyes2 Not everyone is dashing off on Fun Getaways. Some people prefer to save their money. Some CF are economical and prefer to do local things. Or just be a couch potato. We're not all the same you know. Cow's projecting again. And / or operating off the same old tired Bingo card.

These people are most likely the type of whiners that are now having children banned from a food court in Australia. These are the type of people who are complaining about kids on airplanes. Married couples who have no kids are the types of people who are trying to get kids kicked out of restaurants.

I'm not married and the last 'restaurant' I was in was a hole in the wall pizza shack that's take out or delivery only - but - you're right. I actually DO spend all my time trying to get kids kicked out of restaurants. :crz

As many of us delay having kids until deep into our 30s, and then some find it’s too late and skip the process altogether, we’re finding ourselves with a Me generation of adults, not adolescents.

Yes, a recent study shows that married couples without children are happier than those with, but selfishness will do that to you. Besides, I could just as easily point to a study done a year earlier that says breeders are happier than non-breeders.

Happiness is a relative subject, it would appear. My childless friends are happy having a last minute golf weekend away, and I’m happy sitting in on a Wednesday night baking cookies and reading Dr Seuss.

If you are SO HAPPY! You'd STFU already.

Perhaps parenting is a case of ‘delayed happiness.’ It may be stressful and hectic now, but when I’m old I will have children and grandchildren to keep me company and I will be showered in family. I wonder how happy a childless couple will be when they’re at the end of the line?

And the "Old and Alone" Bingo wraps up this Formulaic Bingo Tournament. smile rolling left righteyes2

Image via Michael Gill

UPDATE: Thanks for clicking and commenting everyone. You’ll note this is a specific rant against a specific type of people. A Newsweek article was the jumping off point for this rant, you might find it interesting.

Covered this already in my above post. More Wargle Blargle demonizing of the CF, they can blow that right out their vagassholes also. Yet moar BS on top of BS.

:BS :BS :BS :BS :BS
...soooo, they want us CF types to buy the more expensive homes and leave them with the pick of the cheap ones? Good luck with that... and once again the breeders have conveniently forgotten that while we don't have the expense of sprogs, we also don't have the tax breaks and benefits that breeders get for sprogging!

Zzelda
Excuse me - I think you, Moo, have this reversed. There are FAR MORE of YOU trying to wedge yourself, and your Snotlings, into the 'Hip, Urban areas'. Also - you are projecting your jealousy about the fantasy life you think the CF are living.

Tell me about it... I live in a nice studenty area, paying affordable rent for a nice flat near lots of nice bars, cafes and arts venues. Last week I decided to take my laptop to a local cafe which plays good music and often has bands playing in the beer garden. I didn't get much work done because one parent brought along a screaming child and another insisted on loudly reading a story to their sprogs for about half an hour- if you think hearing one half of a phone conversation on a train is distracting when you're trying to work, try ignoring someone reading a story in a slow, loud, childish voice...

Speaking of laptops and of trains, I've lost count of the number of times I've reserved a table seat with a power socket so I can bring my laptop and get some work done, and then boarded the train to find a famblee of four sitting there and refusing to move, because they need the table I paid for to spread out their toys, books and baby food, and as a CF person I can just make do with hunching over a laptop balanced on a wonky tray table on the back of a seat hoping that my laptop battery doesn't run out before I reach my destination.

"hip urban areas" tend to be the cheap parts of city centres, the ones which attract artists, musicians, students and other young and poor but creative types in need of cheap housing, studio space etc. These areas then become full of bars, arthouse cinemas etc and become vibrant, then they become fashionable, then they become expensive, and then the breeders move in once the original inhabitants have been priced out and proceed to suck all the life out of the place. This is happening all over London right now- first Hoxton, then the surrounding areas of Hackney, then places like New Cross and Deptford- all of the arty studenty areas which have now become unaffordable to most of the people who originally lived there and made them interesting and fun. Even Brixton is becoming "gentrified" now. Just look at the UK and the number of people who move in next to music venues and then make noise pollution complaints to the council to get them shut down over worries about house prices- a lot of them are breeders who want to spoil things for everyone who wasn't foolish enough to spawn.

The next time I wanted to get some work done I just went to the pub instead- fortunately we have a lot of bars round here which also do tea and coffee and where you don't look odd if you sit there with a pot of tea rather than a pint, but where screaming kids still aren't welcome.
Breeders cry 'discrimination' when a restaurant or apartment complex tries to keep screaming kyds out, but you want entire suburbs reserved for the childed? Sorry, but segregation ended years ago. I too would love if huge famblies and CF could live separately, but that's not how it works. I really wish it was.
September 30, 2014
Sorry my badness didnt realize it had already been posyrd
September 30, 2014
Posted
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login