Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"alienated" moos :wtf

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
"alienated" moos :wtf
January 15, 2015
This link popped up on my fb newsfeed.:eyebrows

Moos apparently consider mooism a career choice, but wanna be treated by others as something other than a moo.
:bedmadelie

http://www.pgeveryday.com/health-wellbeing/the-balanced-life/article/the-most-difficult-thing-about-being-a-stay-at-home-mom
Anonymous User
Re: "alienated" moos :wtf
January 15, 2015
Hah! I just popped over here to post a link to a ailyWorth&utm_campaignbig grin with biting lipW_thurs15-liveintent" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">somewhat similar article on DailyWorth (which is usually a fairly practical womens' newsletter site). Comments are breederish but not too vomit-inducing-- many run along the lines of "ladies, we need to stop judging each other". Yet only one or two of them even passingly include women who forego the whole grunt-out-a-loaf-or-three routine entirely...

But, that's how women often work-- by trilling about how you, me, and our girlfriends should be all sweetness and light to each other, while pretending anyone falling outside that clique is invisible or not quite human angel with halo
January 15, 2015
LOL P&G everyday? It's a moo site from one of the biggest producers of moo products? That's funny.
Take some time for yourselves ladies! We wanted to let you know you're a failure if you don't subsume yourself in your children. It's tough isn't it, did you lose your identity entirely? Good breeder, good... Moooo!

My sister complains just like this. She has actually asked me if she, our mother and I can go out and do grownup things some time. I'm thinking, who's watching the kids then? The men? I'd rather do something just me and her than bring our mother along, but even more I'd prefer it was a group of mixed genders, I hate girls only things.
January 15, 2015
Something I noticed was that the article focused on highly educated women:

Suzie, a former finance manager
Irene, a mom of twins in New York and former pediatric neurosurgeon
Sarah, an architect in New York
Rachel, an advertising executive and mom of two
Elaine, a librarian mom of one
Erin, a former high school teacher

I'm not surprised that they are frustrated, babies and kids have basic needs that don't take a hell of a lot of brains to figure out. It's not like the moos are studying Chaucer. Jeezuz

What I see is a lot of brain power being wasted on changing shitty diapers and dealing with meltdowns. I don't know why they bothered with an education if their intention was to drop out and deal with brats.
January 15, 2015
Yes it is a shame that much education goes to waste.

I have to wonder how much of the 'women are paid less' data is skewed because of women dropping out of the work force for 3-5 years to pop out a few kids. I have worked for several large corporations and been involved with hiring of professionals fresh out of college. EVERYONE STARTS ON THE SAME LEVEL!!! It's what you do after that which detriment your pay. Doesn't matter if you are black, white, purple, brown, straight, gay, general confused or you like sheep. Assume a man and woman with the same degree and similar experience are hired at the same time by the same company, say they both work for two years and then she drops out of the work for for 3 years to self replicate. Mean while Mr. Dude is still working, still attending trainings and still net working. Moo will come back to the workforce at the same place she left, essentially an associate, probably making about the same 60k she started at. Meanwhile, Mr Dude has risen to the level of project engineer, probably even has his PE by now, something Moo can't possible have because she hasn't practiced as an EIT under a PE for the required 4 years. Mr Dude is probably making in the 80-100k range depending on exact industry and how aggressively he has pursued opportunities to move up. So now you have Moo making 60-75 cents to Mr Dudes dollar; even though they STARTED at the same spot with SIMILAR skills doing the SAME works.

It's all in how you cook the numbers...
January 16, 2015
breakstuff
Moo will come back to the workforce at the same place she left, essentially an associate, probably making about the same 60k she started at.

It's more than that. There's a scarring effect from being out of the workplace, which has been known since at least the 70s, which means that someone who takes time out of the workforce for whatever reason (illness, unemployment, breeding) will earn less than someone with the same amount of work experience who didn't take time off, and this effect will persist for the rest of the career, not just for a short while where it might be assumed that skills are out of date and being re-learned. It's thought that this is a signaling effect; by taking time out of the workplace, the person signals less commitment to the career.

This is one of the reasons that I think that femoonists are screwing themselves over (and the rest of women) with demands for long maternity leave. Demands for paternity leave only extend the screwed factor to all breeders. Not only because it's fair for the workplace to support all personal choices equally, but also because it is actually in their own interests, breeders ought to support the idea of "personal life sabbaticals" for all. When taking a break from work for a while is completely normalized because almost everyone does it, taking time off to have children won't bring such a penalty. I envision it as a sort of time bank that is independent of employer, so that this doesn't burden small businesses.

Of course CF women would be the biggest winners, because we'd stop being perceived as less capable because we're likely to take time off, without ever actually getting the perks of paid time off!

But really, equality, not entitlement, is best for everyone. In their rush for privilege, breeders just cannot see these figures as the consequences of their actions, but as yet another thing they should be compensated for.
January 16, 2015
They did give themselves up for everyone else. It's like they no longer exist. I doubt their spoiled kids will respect them for it later on either.

Dorisan
Something I noticed was that the article focused on highly educated women:

Suzie, a former finance manager
Irene, a mom of twins in New York and former pediatric neurosurgeon
Sarah, an architect in New York
Rachel, an advertising executive and mom of two
Elaine, a librarian mom of one
Erin, a former high school teacher

I'm not surprised that they are frustrated, babies and kids have basic needs that don't take a hell of a lot of brains to figure out. It's not like the moos are studying Chaucer. Jeezuz

What I see is a lot of brain power being wasted on changing shitty diapers and dealing with meltdowns. I don't know why they bothered with an education if their intention was to drop out and deal with brats.

Anonymous User
January 16, 2015
I'm pursuing a degree in Economics, and plan to take up financial management or international business for specialization. I come from a 3rd world nation where many don't get a chance to pursue higher education, yet i see women completing post-grad degrees and becoming SAHMs. Hurts to see all that wasted opportunity.
And these moos knows no shit about feminism, and yet they are often on feminist-shaming spreemob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
January 16, 2015
yurble
breakstuff
Moo will come back to the workforce at the same place she left, essentially an associate, probably making about the same 60k she started at.

It's more than that. There's a scarring effect from being out of the workplace, which has been known since at least the 70s, which means that someone who takes time out of the workforce for whatever reason (illness, unemployment, breeding) will earn less than someone with the same amount of work experience who didn't take time off, and this effect will persist for the rest of the career, not just for a short while where it might be assumed that skills are out of date and being re-learned. It's thought that this is a signaling effect; by taking time out of the workplace, the person signals less commitment to the career.

This is one of the reasons that I think that femoonists are screwing themselves over (and the rest of women) with demands for long maternity leave. Demands for paternity leave only extend the screwed factor to all breeders. Not only because it's fair for the workplace to support all personal choices equally, but also because it is actually in their own interests, breeders ought to support the idea of "personal life sabbaticals" for all. When taking a break from work for a while is completely normalized because almost everyone does it, taking time off to have children won't bring such a penalty. I envision it as a sort of time bank that is independent of employer, so that this doesn't burden small businesses.

Of course CF women would be the biggest winners, because we'd stop being perceived as less capable because we're likely to take time off, without ever actually getting the perks of paid time off!

But really, equality, not entitlement, is best for everyone. In their rush for privilege, breeders just cannot see these figures as the consequences of their actions, but as yet another thing they should be compensated for.

This x1000. Breeders get really pissed when they come back to the workforce and they are completely screwed over. But like you said, any time out of work at ALL is considered bad. I read in my new book "all joy and no fun" of how in Sweden, parents get paid time off, free childcare and their jobs are held for them, and all the author said was how WONDERFUL that was for parents and how other places should do that, while I'm thinking "and WHO is paying for it?".

We are. Not only do they want their lives on a platter, but they want others to foot the bill. That's only compounding the problem by a million. Their entitlement is already obvious. My guess is that breeders are going to dig themselves into career holes. Mostly because of the time off factor, but who wants to hire an entitled twat, and deal with said twat? The more parents bitch, the more kickbacks I see I see in our future.
January 16, 2015
yurble
breakstuff

You are right. I kept my post focused on the pay aspect because that is easy for me to quantify. The absence from the work force perspective brings in psychological perspectives that I really don't know how to quantify. shrug I'm just a knuckle dragging engineer who blows stuff up for a living...:hello
January 16, 2015
@breakstuff I am just a batshit crazy engineer who likes to light things on fire. Nice to meet you.:hello
January 17, 2015
yurble

I was talking to my mum last night about this exact issue - the fact that there is now a parent privilege in the workplace and that the unchilded are starting to get pretty pissed off about having to cover for them all the time. Even the older generation of workers are starting to complain, because in their day, you had your kids, took your minimum maternity and you went straight back to work with little fuss, like my mum did, if you wanted to keep your job. My mum is having problems managing all the demands of the staff she manages, because most of them are women of childbearing age and they want different working hours, breastfeeding rooms, being able to bring their baybees to work, all this shit, and it's a nightmare to manage. Maybe if you have one moo, you can manage it, but when 80% of your staff team are moos and they all want to be spayshul.....

The whole flexi working thing for all, not just parents, was meant to address this to some extent, but still, if you are a non-parent and you ask for flexible working, you can pretty much guarantee they will turn down your request. This is one of the reasons I am a contractor/freelancer - because I work the hours I damn well please. After several shitty experiences with employers as an employee with health problems, this is the way that works for me. Employers bend over backwards for the almighty Moo, but come to work with a mental health condition or chronic health problem, and they don't want to know, or help you manage.
January 17, 2015
Sooo... the gist of the article is that moo gave up every aspect of her life to be a mawm, but she's pissed that people actually treat her as though she gave up every aspect of her life to be a mawm?
:Violin
January 17, 2015
stillwaters
Sooo... the gist of the article is that moo gave up every aspect of her life to be a mawm, but she's pissed that people actually treat her as though she gave up every aspect of her life to be a mawm?
:Violin

Lol! How true.

It's because even moms know what a step-down mommy hood is. Now that women are waiting longer to have children they experience the sting of this is it's full brunt.
January 19, 2015

:bedmadelie
January 20, 2015

“Taking care of kids all day is the hardest job I’ve ever had!” exclaims Suzie, a former finance manager and mom of two in Massachusetts.
The cutesy tone of this article makes me ill right off the bat.

“It’s the feeling that you’ve lost your self, somehow, and everything that you were before,” she shares. And this, as we all know too well, is a crucial element to feeling balanced, and to living a full, healthy, and happy life.
So basically what you are saying is: parenthood sucks.

“You so quickly lose all sense of identity of the adult you were before becoming a mom,” agrees Sarah, an architect in New York who stayed home for six years with her two kids.
And yet people still continue to do it. The cult of the mawm has a stong following.

Many stay-at-home moms feel even more alienated because they lose touch with their adult networks, which further separates them from the people they were before, and from their more balanced, personal selves.
And that sounds like a great way to isolate and control a person.

Why does anyone do this again?
Anonymous User
January 21, 2015
These moos can't digest being called for what they are. Can't see the glory in giving up one's own life just to shit out some loaves!
January 21, 2015
Yeah, I guess going from Architect or Engineer to Moo is pretty much a big, fat spiral down the great, white moose.
January 21, 2015
WTF is with the women who are college educated - many times with graduate degrees - then sprog?

Breeding was the farthest thing from my mind when I was in college.

Geez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login