Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Letter to My Friends About Why I Can’t Attend a “No Children” Event

Cambion
Moos like this seem to have it in their heads that they are punishing the hosts by not attending their adults-only events. If you don't like the fact that you can't bring your shriekling to the wedding or party or luncheon or what-not, just say, "Thank you for the invitation, but I must decline." But nope, Moo has to make a show out of it and make the host/hostess look like the asshole for daring to not extend the invitation to the crotch-turds.

That's what gets me as well. This strange attitude that the gathering will somehow suffer for not having such an entitled cunt present.

Newsflash to parents: your kid isn't special, and neither are you. If you're that much of an asshole, you won't be missed.
This woman wasn't just disappointed that she couldn't go to the event, she was devastated. Do you think she laid it on thick enough? Maybe she should hire one of those professional Chinese mourners to attend her friend's party in her stead so she can make sure everybody knows how miserable she is about her kids not being invited?

Seriously, I'd like to know how this woman, who is saddled with a breast feeding baby and an insecure toddler, neither of whom can be left with the husband or a sitter without also renting a hotel room for some reason, proposes to "be there" later on if/when her friend has kids.

What is the timeline on the help she is offering? Apparently she either thinks her friend is going to have kids relatively soon, while her own kids are still babies, or she plans to have more kids herself, because she writes about having a baby strapped to her chest while she helps her friend if/when she becomes a new mother. I do kind of wonder about what happens to women like this when the "factory" finally stops working. How do they make the mental adjustment when their whole identity is predicated on having a baby strapped to their chest 24/7/365 but the uterus has closed up shop?

And, again, just how is that going to work? This woman can't even attend a party for a couple of hours without moving her whole family into a hotel room but she's going to come over at 1 a.m. with a baby strapped to her chest and help her friend learn how to breast feed? waving hellolarious
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login