Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Baltimore schoolchildren attacking their teachers: teachers said not to be showing enough "respect"

Posted by Rose Red 
We've been talking about cultural differences, here is a classic example. Now teachers are being attacked by out of control entitled children.

http://wbal.com/apps/news/templates/smith_show.aspx?articleid=11445&zoneid=19
"""Since the educational bureaucracy and NCLB have no provision for holding pupils and their parents accountable for anything, this violence must be blamed on the people it’s directed against. There was talk about “trigger words” that somehow spark school children to assault teachers who haven’t shown them enough “respect,” who don’t understand the “culture’ from which they spring, who are burdened by “misconceptions” that alienate the kids in their classrooms.
"""
We are farking doomed. The inmates are running the asylum. People who should @%@#%%^% know better allow moral & cultural degenerates to dictate brown-nosing.
Good God we are doomed.
These teachers could quit their jobs, and do some other career making a lot more money. They don't have to put up with these entitled brats.

I wonder what the brats will do when they can't find anyone to teach them anymore.
These teachers could also give up, strap on suicide vests and take out their classrooms thereby making the world a better place.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
It's happening already. People are having to be bribed into teachers college, and the percentage of males in the mix is pitifully low. Teachers should be paid three times what they are - double it once for danger money, and then again for bullshit money. Kids attack a teacher, they should be cooling their asses in jail for the rest of the day and not setting foot in the school again.

There's only one "lack of respect" here, and it's sure as shit not coming from the teacher.
[long response here]

Oh, man. Thank. Less. So many teachers go into the field with laudable intentions after getting expensive ed degrees/teacher certification...and this is their reward? Getting beat up by the kids they hoped to teach?

The part that really got me was the finger-shaking lecture by the ivory-tower lady:

Donna Ford of Vanderbilt University [spoke on] how to develop better relationships with their students. According to Liz Bowie’s story in the Sun, the woman spoke for 2 ½ hours without directly mentioning school violence. Her message was about how teachers don’t really understand what it is about black families and culture that turns kids off in the classroom. How this can be when so many of the teachers are themselves black is a mystery to me.

Donna Ford is black. Here's her home page at Vanderbilt. Under "research area" it says "Gifted with emphasis on minority children and youth; recruitment and retention of diverse students in gifted education; underachievement among diverse students; equity issues in testing and assessment; multicultural education; issues in urban education."

OK. They obviously picked the right person to speak on this topic, although a lot of those qualifications are in the realm of social science that is very prone to squishy "science" and sometimes pure BS, imo. So they have the right speaker. BUT!

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE TEACHERS! This problem is so entrenched, with so many contributing causes--it's a societal problem, not the teachers' problem!
And the teachers know that! Plus the teachers are right in the middle of admins, parents, and the brats themselves, and dealing with nonsense from every side.

No wonder the teachers walked out of the lecture.
I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved up my nails than be a teacher in todays society.
str8six Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved up my nails
> than be a teacher in todays society.

It really is one of the most soul draining jobs on the planet. As a teacher you become so used to being disrespected by parunts, kyds, and administration that disrespect becomes the norm. If I had to go back I would probably end it all.
I had a friend who taught 11 grade in the public school system for about ten years. It was a shitty existence from the get go, but when she was transferred to a "gifted program" she thought that it might would be a better quality of students and parents, NOT. In general it was better overall just because of the program, but there were a handful of asshole entitlement kyds who were from single mom households. Anyway, one day these two 17 y/o girls got into a physical altercation right in the middle of class and she stepped up to where they were having a cat fight and one of them missed the other's face and decked her square in the nose.

It wasn't broken, but she spent all afternoon at the hospital and she looked like she had been involved in a head on collision with a swollen nose and a black eye.. She went back to school the following Monday, and there the two little whores sat. She thought they were going to be expelled or at the very least suspended, but they only received a written reprimand and MAN did they have higher than mighty attitudes when nothing happened to them over the incident. She appealed the reprimand all the way to the board of education and they ruled in favor of the asshole teens. In the report it said that,"...being a white teacher, she was unaware of "harmless cultural horseplay" of the minority girls and had over reacted to the outbreak of a fight in her classroom, therefore she was inadvertantly partly responsible for the injury she sustained".

"Cultural horseplay" my ass. That's not "playing around" when you strike out hard enough to cause an injury to a third party, a teacher no less. That was back in the 90's, so I am sure the two little whores are playing out their little games o' culture in prison, or in the welfare lines. If they had been punished properly at that time and made to take responsibility for their actions, they may have had a chance. However, with their single moos backing them and the principal and the director of the board of education playing politically correct games, all hope was shattered I am quite sure.

Just a few months after that, a white coach in the same school district, no doubt keeping in mind what had just happened with my teacher friend, refused to intervene when two of his basketball team members starting beating the shit out of one another. He was suspended without pay for 30 days for allowing them to fight and resigned shortly thereafter, just like my friend had done.
That's absolutely fucking disgusting. angry smiley
casseyrod Wrote:
> These teachers could quit their jobs, and do some
> other career making a lot more money. They don't
> have to put up with these entitled brats.
>
> I wonder what the brats will do when they can't
> find anyone to teach them anymore.

THAT's an easy one- stop going to school and hang out in the street, waiting to see who goes to work so they know who to burglarize. Gawd knows they mama sho' dont want them in the house- she's watchin' her stories. Baltimore.
I suspect these are inner city proto-thugs.

If I were a teacher, I'd be armed. Irrespective of "school policy."

Or I'd get another job where dealing with thugs is not part of the job description!
You've always got the best ideas. I like it.

Feh Wrote:
> These teachers could also give up, strap on
> suicide vests and take out their classrooms
> thereby making the world a better place.
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
> You've always got the best ideas. I like it.
>
>
> Feh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > These teachers could also give up, strap on
> > suicide vests and take out their classrooms
> > thereby making the world a better place.

Yeah, like on The Village of the Damned! Only if they were those "Indigo" brats, wouldn't they be able to read their minds? I mean since they are so sensitive, psychic, and in tune with their peewins and all.shrug
My guess is, indigos are just undisciplined upper middle class children. They're really just thugs with a different name and economic status.
And they're ALL SPOILED FUCKS.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
I can see the scene in the classrooms now. Plenty of "YO YO YO's," gang hand signals, posturing, raised-elbow face-pointing, ebonics, ghetto-class behavior, all by thugs wearing pants down around their knees, gold chains, baseball hat turned sideways, and knee-length shirts.
Teachers do not get paid enough to even have a conversation with these loser kids.

I would not talk to them or even look at them - much less attempt to teach them on a daily basis.
Rose Red Wrote:
>
> THAT's an easy one- stop going to school and hang
> out in the street, waiting to see who goes to work
> so they know who to burglarize. Gawd knows they
> mama sho' dont want them in the house- she's
> watchin' her stories. Baltimore.

Ok, I know I'm being a nit-picking loser here, but:

There is no such word as 'burglarize'. The word is 'burgle'.

I burgle, you burgle, he/she/it burgles. The burglar burgles house. The neighbour's house got burgled.

Ack, sorry, but that word annoys the living fuck out of me. It's as bad as that other gem, 'guesstimate'!
Um.........burglarize is a word. It is in this link:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/burglarize

Burgle is also a word with the definition you pointed out.

Guesstimate is in there, too.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/guesstimate

Not a great word, I agree. I try not to use it.
Embiggens is a perfectly cromulent word.

--Me
bratBgone Wrote:
> str8six Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved up my
> nails
> > than be a teacher in todays society.
>
>
> It really is one of the most soul draining jobs on
> the planet. As a teacher you become so used to
> being disrespected by parunts, kyds, and
> administration that disrespect becomes the norm.
> If I had to go back I would probably end it all.

I have been out of the classroom by choice for a few years now and am forever thankful that chapter in my life is over.
I believe kids like this spell it "rispek", which is a wholly different animal from "respect". And I'm pretty sure they're getting more than enough "rispek"

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login