Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unbelievable fundie article about the horrors of a vasectomy

Posted by kidlesskim 
Unbelievable fundie article about the horrors of a vasectomy
August 28, 2008
http://www.quiverfull.com/birth_control/dangersofvasectomy.html

"What Happens to a Man’s Body After a Vasectomy?

How does vasectomy affect a man’s body? This is a reasonable question, which unfortunately is rarely answered, even after significant effects occur.

Let’s use an analogy of a 40-year-old fire hose. You hook this fire hose up to a hydrant and turn on the water. Let the hose represent the epididymis portion of the testicles and the vas deferens, which would measure some 20 feet in length if stretched out, and let the water represent the 50,000 sperm cells a minute that a man’s body manufactures, even after vasectomy.

Now, tie a knot in the fire hose. What happens? Something is going to rupture, right? That’s why fire departments don’t use 40-year-old fire hoses, and why men develop ruptures in their testicles after their vas is tied off during the vasectomy procedure.eye rolling smiley

.........Ruptures

.... It is likely that, in time, all vasectomized men develop ‘blowouts’ in either the epididymis or efferent ducts.” This rupturing can occur spontaneously at any time following vasectomy, and often when the epididymis is under pressure, such as when a man is ejaculating.

Autoimmune Responses

But that’s not all. When the rupturing occurs, sperm cells enter the blood stream, where they were not naturally intended to be.....and the body becomes “autoimmune”, i.e. the body goes to war on itself....... Once this reaction starts, it is nearly impossible to stop, even with a vasectomy reversal......... .

Pain and Injury

..... Chronic testicular pain is an often undisclosed and potentially debilitating result of vasectomy. Urologists tend to play this aspect down, but if you read the literature, you will find a significant incidence of chronic pain resulting from the kinds of reactions discussed thus far........ When this pain is more severe, doctors will often recommend further surgery, up to and including complete removal of the testicle(s)........

Do You Care To Be A Lab Rat?
..... Studies and cases have described findings of increased incidences of many disorders, including:

• Life-long autoimmune (allergic) responses
• Chronic testicular pain (Post-Vasectomy Pain Syndrome)
• Decreased testicular function including changes in testosterone production
• Chronic inflammation including the formation of sperm granulomas
• Scrotal and epididymal cyst formation including Spermatocele and Hydrocele cysts
• Congestive and infectious epididymitis
• Prostatitis
• Prostate cancer
• Testicular atrophy (shrinking of the testicles)
• Lung cancer
• Non-Hodgkins lymphoma
• Testicular cancer
• Erectile dysfunction/impotence
• Circulatory problems including phlebitis
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Pulmonary embolism
• Lupus
• Atheosclerosis (hardening of the arteries leading to heart disease)
• Autoimmune orchitis (degeneration of testicular tissues due to antibody action)
• Staph infections including infections of the heart valves
• Gangrene of the scrotum and other serious infections
• Vasitis nodosa (chronic inflammation of the vas deferens)
• Loss of libido
• Multiple myeloma
• Personality disturbances
• Diabetes
• Multiple sclerosis
• Adrenal gland dysfunction
• Migraine and other related headaches
• Hypoglycemia
• Narcolepsy
• Generalized lymph node enlargement
• Liver dysfunction

confused smiley What a PREPOSTEROUS and downright pack of lies this is! I mean COME ON, I can buy anything testiscular related although it's probably rare, but LUPUS, NARCOLEPSY, DIABETES, AND ARTHRITIS? GMAFB.eye rolling smiley His firehose analogy was absurd as well, though funny.tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Unbelievable fundie article about the horrors of a vasectomy
August 28, 2008
I've never heard such nonsensical, nonscientific fear-mongering in my life. Are these fundies so TERRIFIED of cutting the holy sperm duct (sound of choir singing) that they'll make a simple vasectomy (usually an outpatient procedure) seem like the Black Plague? Get over yourselves, fundies! Holy sperm duct! Woo!

Lordy.
August 28, 2008
This is along the same lines as the pro-liar shit that says women who get abortions will get breast cancer. The bottom line of each argument is they want to scare you into not getting the procedure done by using false health claims. A lot of people are educated on the procedure, but a lot aren't, and the fundies figure if they can scare one ignorant schmuck into believing their crap, NOT getting an abortion or a vasectomy and going out to have [more] unwanted kids out of fear of developing horrid conditions such as lung cancer.....then they will have succeeded in exhibiting some tiny form of control over people. After all, is that not what the fundies want? To control everyone through fear?

Here's what I don't get...this idjit poses the argument that sperm entering the bloodstream will cause the man's body to fight against itself. Why the hell would it do that? It's his sperm - it's not disease cells. His sperm would cause as much of an autoimmune response as his urine or his saliva. In fact, the ONLY bodily fluid that can make the...uhh..."owner" sick is their own feces, and that's because it's loaded up with bad bacteria. Sperm does not by nature contain impurities unless the guy has an STD, in which case it wouldn't be as if he could catch an STD from himself a second time. Therefore, sperm cannot hurt a guy if it enters the bloodstream -- it gets absorbed back into the body and all is right.

I hate how any other article about health has to be backed up by eleventy billion sources, but fundie articles can be based completely on lies and they get published.
Anybody can see that this is a scare-tactic, I mean c'mon - so obvious it's ridiculous.
Probably a lot of this is bullshit.

However, I also think it's common sensical not to screw with your body if avoidable. Without getting gross about it, the male reproductive system is designed to periodically expel sperm. On a common sense level it seems like it might not be a good idea to make that impossible. Any doctors here? I'd love to hear an informed, medical opinion on this....
Menfolk are designed to be able to expel sperm. However, this is not necessary (there are celibate men, after all). The sperm can be reabsorbed into the body, and production may even slow.

http://www.mydr.com.au/default.asp?article=3711

For reference.

Cristabel. If you need to, for health reasons, expel some every day, then go ahead, tiger!
August 28, 2008
You all should read "The Great Derangement" by Matt Tabibi, if you really want to know how the fundie mind 'works'. He infiltrated the Cornerstone church in Texas for several months and...WOW. It's a bunch of lying con artists herding and manipulating terrified and confused sheep.

If you're a fundie, what the pastor says is always right. If it's raining and the pastor says it's sunny, then it's sunny. They just make up lies and bullshit when it suits their argument, and the sheep lap it up because they're tired of thinking for themselves.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login