Advanced

Ungrateful Breeders Out for a Scam

Posted by nowhiggers 
nowhiggers
Ungrateful Breeders Out for a Scam
August 29, 2008
wow you guys should have a look at this:

http://perezhilton.com/2008-08-29-this-makes-us-so-sad#respond

Once in a while I like to read the celeb traiwrecks on Perez' site. Perez is a gay man and I assume childfree rather than childless, he also kisses breeder ass BIGTIME and runs all kind of free spots in his blog for breeder causes, like chyiuldruns charities, and they make up the bulk of his charitable spaces. Dude gets millions of page views a day so for one of these worthless breeder charities to get featured on his site is a big deal.

So idiot breeder writes him, the one in charge of this charity, and says, "I believe we lost a 25k donation yesterday due to your action of promoting our charity on your awful sinnnful site. Can you make up the difference for us (a veiled threat to sue, obviously)."

I hope this really outlines the utter uselessness of trying to be a breeder pleaser, which Perez is. There is no pleasing the breeders, if you are cf, you just need to die immediately and give them everything you have. There is no pleasing these fucks, there is NEVER ENOUGH to please them with. Hopefully this will help someone here realize they have no obligation to social contracts with these fucks, and that the social contract is really you having NOTHING and them having EVERYTHING.
Re: Ungrateful Breeders Out for a Scam
August 30, 2008
The letter is so obnoxious:

"Greetingsā€¦
Could you please delete our listing from your website, one of our volunteers thought that it might be a good idea to get the word out to people by being on this site , but after seeing the comments that we get and the disgusting stuff that you publish we are asking if you would kindly delete us from this site. Please confirm back to us that you have been able to do this for us. I believe that we just lost a $25,000 grant yesterday from and organization that was about to donate to our cause after they found out that we were on your site. Do you have any way of offsetting this loss for us?!

Respectfully,

Paul S. Gilbertson, Co-Founder
CEO/Executive Director

Chris A. Gilbertson, Co-Founder
President

paul@withwingsandahalo[dot]org
With Wings and a Halo - R.E.A.C.H. a Child!
(Reading Enjoyment Affects Childhood Happiness!)
866-WW AND AH (992-6324)"

The charity is not listed on Charity Navigator, so I don't know how well it's run. But talk about a PR blunder and a nasty man. Anyone in his position should know how to say the same message, and achieve the same result, in a polite and reasonable way without alienating the likely millions of readers of Perez's site. He's a bigtime web celeb--Paul made a bad mistake here.

THEIR OWN VOLUNTEER contacted Perez! It's *their fault* if they don't even know what their own people are doing! And lost $25,000 my patootie. He just saw an opportunity to try and cash in. Loser.
August 30, 2008
What unmitigated gall it takes to criticize a man for TRYING to procure funds for their charity. Then, basically try to extort MORE money from him via a personal donation. His mention of their worthless charity likely brought in more money than that one alleged 25k he "believes" that they lost. My guess it was a gay hater fundie without a pot to piss in who withdrew his "pledge" for his lofty moral reasons. What kind of a Christian withdraws support from a charity he had intended to give 25k, all because a gay man took it upon himself to promote said charity. What hypocritical and VERY uncharitable idiots.
August 30, 2008
Charities are required to report their financial profiles, are they not? I'd love to see what this Paul guy earns. A lot of times in the sleazier charities the CEO is earning six figures for, basically, making phone calls and shuffling some papers around. Nice racket!

Just for the mild interest factor, here are some Top Ten lists from Charity Navigator: top 10 charities routinely in the red and top 10 drowning in administrative costs.
August 30, 2008
Since these fucks didn't have the donations in hand to lose, they can go take a walk off a long pier. Maybe Perez will figure out that there is No. Pleasing. Breeders. Ever.

The man tries to raise money to help kids and this is what he gets.
nowhiggers
August 30, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Since these fucks didn't have the donations in
> hand to lose, they can go take a walk off a long
> pier. Maybe Perez will figure out that there is
> No. Pleasing. Breeders. Ever.
>
> The man tries to raise money to help kids and this
> is what he gets.

Breeder charities are known for all kinds of shenanigans, just another form of breeder entitlement gimme.

Right now the united way ceo is under fire for her 2 million salary, that's 14 percent of the donations.

Every year the cf must endure the "angel tree" at their places of employment. If you don't know what that is, maybe you have seen some variation on it, basically "underprivileged" brats write a wish list of things they want for xmas. Years ago, and I mean 30 years ago when I was still a kid, this would consist of gently used toys, books, socks and school supplies. Now it's BLING BLING BLING, IPods, XBoxes, Nikes, etc. Several years back when I was still in the corporations, we had one of these damn trees at our office. Someone made the comment to me that everything on these brats lists constituted 3 days of her pay she could not afford to lose. It's amazing they allow the brats to take advantage of people like that, well, I guess it's not amazing because we are talking about BREEDERS here.
nowhiggers
August 30, 2008
And Perez is a total limo liberal breeder pleaser to the max. Then again, dude's prices for a month in his sidebar is something like $200k, so he breeder pleases for the cash, I believe.

Anyone open about their cf feelings even if they are cf will be blackballed and he would surely lose his audience of stay at home welfare moos that live to be up in his site and comments the entire day.

I'm not opposed to breeder pleasing for the cash. It's no different than prostitution for a cf person and I don't see a problem with that either.

If you are going to be openly cf, you have to expect that you aren't going to make a lot of money. Perez' website would not be what it is today if he did not breeder please, and that's just the sad fact. I'm glad he's childfree, but I do hope that deep inside he realizes that the breeders suck and that he is just a whore for them. They do not give two shits about gay, liberal, cf, Perez.
August 30, 2008
I HATE those "angel trees". I don't have anything against "underpriveleged" kids getting some Christmas presents, but I don't think they should get trunk loads of expensive presents that regular working people can't afford to buy their own kids. It also makes people feel obligated to donate since it's so public. EVERYONE stops to look at those and knows who donated what, if anything. I don't like any of these "drives" or donation solicitations INCLUDING mass collections for baby gifts, etc....in an office/work environment. It puts people who don't want to or can't give on the spot. I hate "canned food drives", "funeral floral arrangements" for a co-worker's step-grandmother mass office collections, "toys for tots" in house collections, or ANY "my kids is selling donuts, candy, ink pens,raffle tickets, bbq plates, etc.....for school, how many do you want" shit either.

EVERYWHERE I have ever worked, including my own damned business, it seemed like every time I turned around someone had their hand out to me for a gift or donation for either someone who worked there, a friend, a kid,etc.....and it ALWAYS made me feel pressured to give or buy. If someone wants to give a gift then they need to give it and leave the rest of us the hell alone. When ***I**** want to give a gift or donate, I just DO IT and NEVER ask anyone else to "chip in". I think it's quite tacky to do that especially when the one doing the asking is the "bestest good friend" of the recipient and the askee barely knows who they are or in some cases that they even exist.
August 30, 2008
I give to some other charities, but I despise the United Way. There have been at least two major news stories here in MI in the last 5 years or so about corruption concerning some embezzling scum admin in the United Way. I refuse to give them a penny.

The United Way is an out-of-date relic from the pre-Internet age. They justify their existence by saying that without them, smaller charities wouldn't get funds. Bull. Everyone and their uncle has a website today. I can find the tiniest charities in my city with 2 seconds on Google by searching its name or "cat charity ypsilanti" or whatever. The whole United Way is a complete boondoggle. Made a lot of people rich.

I also despised the way they were allowed to infiltrate my old workplace. I never gave 'em a dime, but the tactic of using peer pressure from co-workers was despicable. I'll give money to charities directly. Never through the United Way.
August 30, 2008
Yeah, clematis, I hated the United Way at a couple of places I worked because you were made to feel less than dirt if you didn't give. I didn't think I was able to get a proper accountin of how my donations would be used, so I didn't donate. Luckily it wasn't mandatory.

I heard about the scams and I'm glad that I didn't donate. I really don't mind helping people who need help, kids included, but I think my money is better utilised in donating to the Red Cross.

I see you are from Michigan. May I ask where, since I am frome there also, though now I currently am living in the anus of creation, namely Evansville, IN.
August 30, 2008
A fellow (former) Michigander! Yay! I am from Ypsilanti in the SE of MI. Small city of 25,000 with a lot going for it and a lot not, like much of the rest of Michigan.

Oh, we also had "adopt a family" things at work each Christmas and BOY was I tempted to write, in the "what will you donate" space, "birth control."
August 30, 2008
I lived in Detroit and Dearborn, Michigan. Not much going in those places, either. I like what you wanted to write in the "donate" spot! You GO, girl!
August 30, 2008
They have one of those "adopt a family" things here during the holidays at the local Christian food bank. This town only has a population of about 50 thousand, and the white trash lined up to sign up for it like Cows to the salt block . They could either pick up or have delivered; A turkey OR ham, a pan of dressing, a container of green beans, a pack of rolls, and a candied yam casserole with a bag full of the accessories like cranberry sauce, butter, jelly, gravy, etc......Each one was designed to feed a family of six. The only requirement was a valid ID that one of the family members resided in the city, and their word that they were needy.eye rolling smiley They bragged that they filled 3000 meal vouchers, and if you do the math that's over 18 THOUSAND people they fed for free which would be roughly 1/3 of the entire damned city.

That is totally unnecessary and a waste of money to feed a bunch of freeloaders. There is NO WAY that over 1/3 of this town couldn't buy their own damned food. I was tempted to go down there and sign up just for the hell of it, but I knew someone I knew might see me and it would have been embarassing. I am beginning to lose my pride though as it doesn't seem to be doing me any good to have any.tongue sticking out smiley While they were filling their gullets with free gizzards, I was sweating my ass off making my own AND had to clean it all up.
August 30, 2008
kk: that is truly pathetic. The only food item in that list that is even remotely expensive is the meat. Dressing is easy to make with old (ideally homemade--easy and cheap to do) bread (and the drippin's from the bird). Gravy you can make yourself with a smidge of butter and flour and more drippin's. Yams are cheap. Rolls are pretty cheap to make with plain ol' flour and yeast. But Beans? BEANS? A can of BEANS? Or even fresh beans.

For those in a temporary tight spot who had a lovely family dinner as a result; that is great, and good for the charity that made it possible. But a THIRD of the town? That's crazy!
nowhiggers
August 30, 2008
When we were especially poor for a while, I used to go to food banks and say I was a breeder. Breeders always get the best stuff at the food banks that is for sure, and it's not like you have to swear an oath or anything. With all the welfare breeders already get, why don't the food banks serve the childfree the best stuff first? So I just lied, that's all. Did not feel one ounce of guilt. Did not care who saw me there.

If a food bank is offering fruits and vegetables and milk, those will always go to the breeders first.

There isn't anything I can do about the breeders welfare, because if I dont pay taxes I'll go to jail, BUT, I can make a conscious effort, and have for many years, to always watch for opportunties where I can take advantage of breeders or services for breeders without risking anything illegal of course.

Sometimes restaurants that offer "kids eat free" can be an interesting experience for a cf person... for example:

Go to a place where "kids eat free" and don't sit down to dine, order take out. I've done this a couple of times when the opportunity presented itself.. ordered meals for dh and I and then ordered 2 or 3 childrens meals (usually stuff like macaroni, spagetti, or whatever the kids are "eating free" if its not too obnoxious. People always assume I have kids when I do this. Stick the extra kids meals in the fridge, and you've got a free lunch for the next day! Now who said that there's no free lunch in this world if you aren't a breeder? heh.
August 30, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> kk: that is truly pathetic. The only food item in
> that list that is even remotely expensive is the
> meat. Dressing is easy to make with old (ideally
> homemade--easy and cheap to do) bread (and the
> drippin's from the bird). Gravy you can make
> yourself with a smidge of butter and flour and
> more drippin's. Yams are cheap. Rolls are pretty
> cheap to make with plain ol' flour and yeast. But
> Beans? BEANS? A can of BEANS? Or even fresh beans.
>
>
> For those in a temporary tight spot who had a
> lovely family dinner as a result; that is great,
> and good for the charity that made it possible.
> But a THIRD of the town? That's crazy!

Since mostly 1/3 of this town is comprised of white trash, consequently we have a lot of weekend jailbirds for DUI, small possession charges, no tag/ID/proof of insurance, etc....repeat offenders. Our jail has about 200 beds, which I think is OUTRAGEOUS for this size of a town. I have lived in capital cities whose city jails only had 100 or so beds. Anyway, as a gesture of Christian love, this past Christmas they opened up a buffet line with the same type menu as above in the visiting area, and fed ALL 200 or so jailbirds AND their families, and gave them an extra hour visitation so they could open presents under the tree that the city put up for them. The paper said they fed TWELVE HUNDRED or so hillbillies and I was floored. They felt sorry for them because they would be in lockdown during the holidays. confused smiley

Having lived here the past two years has been the biggest culture shock of my life, and just when I think I have seen everything, they do something else.
August 30, 2008
kk: No disrespect to your town, by the way, with my "that's crazy" comment. I just meant, speaking as someone who hosts T-giving dinner each year for my family, that the bulk of the meal is 1. not expensive, especially if you make stuff like bread 2. easy to prepare. That's all. It's probably the cheapest holiday meal I can think of, so I was floored that a third of the town needed the supplies. But there's a lot of poverty/bad situations in my city Ypsi too, so I shouldn't be so incredulous.
August 30, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> kk: No disrespect to your town, by the way, with
> my "that's crazy" comment. I just meant, speaking
> as someone who hosts T-giving dinner each year for
> my family, that the bulk of the meal is 1. not
> expensive, especially if you make stuff like bread
> 2. easy to prepare. That's all. It's probably the
> cheapest holiday meal I can think of, so I was
> floored that a third of the town needed the
> supplies. But there's a lot of poverty/bad
> situations in my city Ypsi too, so I shouldn't be
> so incredulous.

lol, It's not "my town", as I only moved here about 2 years ago. I am still getting used to the breeder white trash and the ways they work the system. I live WAY out in the boonies so I don't have to rub shouders with them, except when I briefly worked in town when I first arrived. This place is primarily decent retirees living on the lake, and a yankee vacation area. There are also many "old" families who are decent good people who worked for what they have, which is what I married into. THE REST,however, are 5th generation breeders and they just keep growing and growing and growing, until one day there will be no more people left to give them anything.

Oh and nowhiggers, around here you can only get the free kiddie meals INHOUSE with kids attached, no take out, or I would be doing the same thing.
bratBgone
August 30, 2008
clematis said:
"I give to some other charities, but I despise the United Way. There have been at least two major news stories here in MI in the last 5 years or so about corruption concerning some embezzling scum admin in the United Way. I refuse to give them a penny."

I hate the United Way because it supports the Boys and Girls Club of America. When I first began teaching we were all pretty much forced to donate to the UW. I had something like $16 a month taken out of my pay for it. Anyway, I had a very nice co-worker with an 8 year old daughter. She was a big time PNB, and her kid was the lovely "seen and not heard" type. My co-worker's before and after school daycare provider suddenly quit without notice, so to avoid having to miss work time before she found a new sitter, my co-worker decided to have her daughter attend the Boys and Girls Club before and after school activity sessions that they offer to the community children. A bus even takes the kids there from their school at the end of the day. She planned to use this only for a few days until she could make other arrangements, after all she had been donating to help the organization like the rest of us. It ended up being a horrible decision. The before and after school "club" was more like a street gang filled with the roughest black and hispanic kids in the county. Kids whose parunts were glad to have a place for their spawn to go to keep them out of their hair for a few more hours a day. The kids told her daughter she couldn't be there because she was white, and bullied her the entire time. Luckily, my co-worker found a new sitter that same evening.

What pisses me off is that the UW advertised this program in all of the schools, and brochures were given to all of the parents about it. The advertising made it sound like a safe, fun place for kids to hang out before and after school, and that all of the community's children were welcome. When you donate to the United Way you are giving money to help make breeder's lives easier, and providing places for all of their horrible kids to "have fun." My co-worker spread the news to our other friends at work and most of us didn't sign up to donate the next year.
August 30, 2008
Don't get me started on the United Way. In the district I teach at the schools all participate in a United Way contest, with the schools getting the most participation getting some type of gift. A teacher I teach with is real big with an animal shelter in the area, and she sent an email around telling everyone her shelter's United Way number so they could enter it on the UW form as their chosen charity. If you don't choose a charity your money just goes towards the "general fund." I was about to fill out the United Way paperwork with the shelter's number when I googled the UW just to do some research before I cut them the check. Thank jeebus I did, because it turns out that no matter if you specify a charity the first $25 of your donation goes to the "general fund" and only after that does your money make it to your chosen charity. So since I was only planning to donate $20, NONE of my doantion would have made it to the shelter.

I wrote a check directly to the shelter instead, and gave it to my friend. As far as I'm concerned nobody has the right to tell me where they will put my money. If I specify that I want my money to go to a specific charity, THAT IS WHERE THE MONEY SHOULD GO.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login