Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More co-sleeping nonsense

Posted by kidlesskim 
More co-sleeping nonsense
September 03, 2008
I knew they co-slept with toddlers, which is ridiculous, but I had NO idea just how far that some of these attachment parent freaks take things. I wonder just how many people think this is "ok". I can understand a crib in the parents' room till the kid is a few months old, but after that, and CERTAINLY after the kyd is a year old it NEEDS to put IN IT'S OWN BED, and/or in it's own room.shrug

A few kellymom co-sleeping arrangementseye rolling smiley

".... Our situation is a bit different. Taryn is 12 (13 in January) and we have her mattress on my floor. Nicholas (9) will either sleep on the floor at the foot of my bed or in his room with DH.... My question is....Will Landon ever want to sleep by himself or is he going to be content to continue sleeping with me because this is really all he knows? I actually love having all the kids in with me and sleep much better when they are all there......

....Co-sleeping is just part of our lives. I had dreams of getting the boys bunk beds, but I really don't think I'll need them. I may need to get rid of my bedframe and just put more mattresses on the floor though....."

"Well, my oldest 12 has her own room but she would rather be in our bed but there is no room with the baby and the 3 yr old in there now...."

"We have three bedrooms total. So my plan is to have the master bedroom with a queen bed be where the baby and I sleep. DS's new room (former office) will have a full size bed where he and DH can sleep. I figure they should be in the same room, since everyone will want to be away from me and co-sleeping baby who wakes multiple times a night.... It would work better space-wise if baby and I were in the full bed, but then that arrangement seems "weird"...everyone would ask where DS's room is......."

"....DH is our co-sleeping damper but will listen to the girls if they are really wanting to sleep with me and he heads off to another bed somewhere (or if it's the other way around I gleefully retreat to the guest bed). There are times we end up with a girl in my side of the bed and me off to either the spare bedroom..... We have even allowed air mattresses on the floor for days on end when the girls want to "sleep over".

"In AZ we lived next door to a family from Sri Lanka who had a 16 and 9 yo. Both kids were still co-sleeping with the parents. It is a cultural norm for the family to sleep together until marriage. Both kids had their own rooms and the kids slept there for sleep overs but otherwise everyone piled into the parents bed...."

"Our youngest was probably 11, 12 - possibly 13 when he elected to sleep "all night" in his own room......"

"We never set the crib up for Lily and we sold it shortly after she was born. If people ask where her room is, we just say that she is sharing with us for now and that she will share with Noah when they are both a bit older. If people think that is weird, they don't have the guts to say so to our face!..."

"I've given up all pretenses of appearing like the "normal" American parent. I think at this point, shocking the in-laws is actually kinda fun! Right now the crib is side-car to our bed for Cora, and the next baby will sleep there as well (Cora will move to the other side of me, and probably still be nursing whenever baby#2 happens!) I have decided to sell all the cute baby bedding we bought for her "bedroom" that she has never slept in! Cora has her "room", which holds her clothing, stuffed animals, and storage for baby stuff. I'll just continue to have that be the "stuff" room and have the "sleeping" room be the master"

"People look at me like confused smiley when I tell them all the kids sleep in my room. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having them in there. Nicholas is even back with me. He's abandoned his daddy to sleep with me. Poor DH, has to sleep all alone!"
bratBgone
Re: More co-sleeping nonsense
September 03, 2008
This is fucked up beyond belief. I'm sure duh is either a stupid whimp or he's cheating and moo is oblivious to it because she's soooo wrapped up in the kyds.

I also think once these kids hit puberty there has to be some weird stuff going on. I watched a "Wife Swap" on TV where a family had 2 older teenaged sons, I think 15 and 17. They both co-slept with moo and duh. This family was really weird, and it makes me wonder what strange things might go on in their bedroom.
September 03, 2008
Sick. Talk about a fucked-up famblee dynamic!!!
September 03, 2008
How do these kids enjoy having no privacy? I was absolutely thrilled when my mother realized I needed my own damn room and I could sleep alone. Something tells me if any of these cancer-curers go to college, their roommates won't be too fond of them climbing into bed with them when there's a big bad thunderstorm outside or Junior had a bad dream.

Just another way for parents to keep their children in a perpetual state of infancy. Before long, Moos will stop feeding their kids solid food or potty training them altogether so Honey-Snooky-Poo won't grow up too fast for their tastes.
September 03, 2008
Ewwwww, what is UP with these preteens/teenagers who actually want to co-sleep with moo and duh? Are they that brainwashed by that age where they don't want to be independent? I loved having my own space as a kid; one where I could stay up late reading a book or listening to the radio if I so desired.

I don't even want to think of how and when the pahrunts have sex to make more pwechious Indigo children.
September 03, 2008
I have to say this is the most screwed up thing that breeders do. How can this possibly be healthy? What are these people thinking? I'm sure they have no sex lives or the husband is out cheating. I don't think I ever slept in my parents bed. It wasn't even a consideration.
September 03, 2008
16?! 13?? Who in their right mind would co-sleep with prepubescent or pubescent kids seething with crazy hormone-driven sex thoughts? This mattress on the floor business gets my goat too. You're not a dog. Get up, and sleep on a normal bed (unless you're from a culture that normally sleeps on the floor e.g. traditional Korean)...

These kids will be absolutely helpless when they get older. Confronting the slightest difficulty or need for independent decision-making with a slack jaw as they speed-dial their Mommy on their cell.
September 03, 2008
Oedipus/Electra Complex at its finest.eye rolling smiley

And the duh is banished from the bedroom and perhaps from the house, too so all the kiddies have a happy nursing orgy with the moo.=P
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
These moo come up this co-sleeping arrangement are the stupid people.

But I know about co-sleep arrangements myself as I use to been thorugh it. You can look at the topic thread (Experiencing Co-Sleeping). This was because there wasn't enough space in the house to sleep and it a total pain in the butt.

Unlike my experience, these moos I have read from Kellymon blog are foul moos because they have more room and space. They just treat duh as 2nd place.
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
A few kellymom co-sleeping arrangements)

> ".... Our situation is a bit different. Taryn is
> 12 (13 in January) and we have her mattress on my
> floor. Nicholas (9) will either sleep on the floor
> at the foot of my bed or in his room with DH....
> My question is....Will Landon ever want to sleep
> by himself or is he going to be content to
> continue sleeping with me because this is really
> all he knows? I actually love having all the kids
> in with me and sleep much better when they are all
> there......
> ....Co-sleeping is just part of our lives. I had
> dreams of getting the boys bunk beds, but I really
> don't think I'll need them. I may need to get rid
> of my bedframe and just put more mattresses on the
> floor though....."

Stupid moo. Give them a f-ing bunk beds. This moo is so depressing. This crap is so depressing and they think sleep on the floor is normal.
Let me tell this moo something: I use to sleep on the floor during the time of co-sleeping arrangements until 7 or 8. It was sad and it was depressing for my etrenal days of my childhood.
September 03, 2008
I have noticed a common theme among the co-sleeping crowd and that is DUDDY quite often does not like it. He is a "damper", he says"enough is enough", or is "being unreasonable", he is pushed off the bed, pissed on during the night, and banished into guest rooms and hoisted onto den couches. I can not IMAGINE a man wanting to sleep this way or wake up to this unless it's perhaps the freak who said he liked how his bedroom smelled like "buttermilk biscuits". It is unnatural for a 13 year old to sleep on an air mattress at the foot of the marital bed. The one who said she was going to get rid of the bed frame and just lay communal mattresses all over the master bedroom is particularly weird.
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:

> "We have three bedrooms total. So my plan is to
> have the master bedroom with a queen bed be where
> the baby and I sleep. DS's new room (former
> office) will have a full size bed where he and DH
> can sleep. I figure they should be in the same
> room, since everyone will want to be away from me
> and co-sleeping baby who wakes multiple times a
> night.... It would work better space-wise if baby
> and I were in the full bed, but then that
> arrangement seems "weird"...everyone would ask
> where DS's room is......."

W-T-F IS THIS? SAME SEX BEDROOM?
Let me get the straight:
Room #1: Moo and Daughter
Room #2: Duh and son
Room #3: Baby.

W-T-F is wrong with these people. IT SHOULD BE LIKE THIS:
Room #1: Moo and Duh (which it should gawd-dawn be)
Room #2: Son (Bratley - whatever His name is)
Room #3: Daughter (Cuntina - whatever her name is)

Baby - shove it in the breeders' room (Room 1).

This is some bedroom battlefield or something.
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:

> "In AZ we lived next door to a family from Sri
> Lanka who had a 16 and 9 yo. Both kids were still
> co-sleeping with the parents. It is a cultural
> norm for the family to sleep together until
> marriage. Both kids had their own rooms and the
> kids slept there for sleep overs but otherwise
> everyone piled into the parents bed...."

That is f-ed up family. 16 yo and 9 yo still co sleep. Even they have their own rooms. Don't the stupid moo and duh ever tell them to sleep in their own room.

Now I think of it the moo and duh hasn't have sex for long time.
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:

> "We never set the crib up for Lily and we sold it
> shortly after she was born. If people ask where
> her room is, we just say that she is sharing with
> us for now and that she will share with Noah when
> they are both a bit older. If people think that is
> weird, they don't have the guts to say so to our
> face!..."

Well they should said it front of your face because this is a piece of crap I ever heard. No crib or say 'PlayPen'.
In fact Kim I want this whoever this moo is to troll here and explain this stupid reason to get rid of a crib as she said 'they don't have the guts to say it.'. Crib is needed for a baby and should be in the spare room.
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
I have to aplogise to KidlessKim and the Childfree folks here as I ranted too much because this Kellymon forum and this co-sleeping is nothing but a sexless depressing hag I never heard. Again I used been through this co-sleep in the past.
But this is totally extreme. The moo think this is normal to go through this. The moo think it is normal to kick out her hubby out of the royal sex bed and exchange her hubby for her kid. Makie her hubby as 2nd best.

This is too much.
September 03, 2008
Gigabyte Wrote:
> I have to aplogise to KidlessKim and the Childfree
> folks here as I ranted too much because this
> Kellymon forum and this co-sleeping is nothing but
> a sexless depressing hag I never heard. Again I
> used been through this co-sleep in the past.
> But this is totally extreme. The moo think this is
> normal to go through this. The moo think it is
> normal to kick out her hubby out of the royal sex
> bed and exchange her hubby for her kid. Makie her
> hubby as 2nd best.
>
> This is too much.

You don't owe any apologies. If I didn't hate what they do and how they are so much myself, I wouldn't post about it in hopes that everyone else hates it as much as I do!tongue sticking out smiley Post away!
Anonymous User
September 03, 2008
In some states it's illegal to share a bedroom with an opposite-sex child over age 5. It comes up in property law when a single moo sues a landlord who won't rent a one-bedroom apartment to her and her 13-year-old son.
September 03, 2008
Childfree Chicago Lawyer Wrote:
> In some states it's illegal to share a bedroom
> with an opposite-sex child over age 5. It comes
> up in property law when a single moo sues a
> landlord who won't rent a one-bedroom apartment to
> her and her 13-year-old son.

I thought about that too, but it seems that as long as the kyds have their own sleeping accomodations available, which all of these kellymoms seem to have, then the state has no jurisdiction over who sleeps where, unless there is some overt sexual abuse going on. The way these people go about it is under the guise of a "parenting style", which they go to great lengths to hide from their family, friends, and society. Several of those co-sleep posts I didn't bother to copy and paste make mention of people asking questions and how they respond (lie), or asking the others,.."Should we keep Kaitlyn's nursery up and her bed put together to keep up appearances?" or "If we keep our master bedroom door closed when people are over, they won't see the guard rail and ask questions". They ALSO like to bring up stories of how other countries and cultures co-sleep, but fail to realize or mention that these places do not have a choice as they often live in a 2 room shack with only one bed, if they are lucky.

They KNOW it's not right and they KNOW it's unacceptable social behavior, but they don't stop because they enjoy it.
September 03, 2008
That is interesting about the law. Never knew that. I tried to look up Michigan's co-sleeping law if any but only found:

"The Washtenaw [my county] Area Council for Children, in collaboration with the Washtenaw Coalition for Infant Mortality Reduction, launched a Washtenaw Infants Sleep Safer Here public awareness campaign (WISSH) in March 2006 to address preventable infant deaths caused by unsafe sleep practices. In 2005 alone, five children died in Washtenaw County related to how or where they were sleeping. The WISSH campaign incorporated the latest Safe Sleep guidelines endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics in October 2005 and promotes the ABC’s of Safer Sleep: Alone in my bed; Back to Sleep and Cover me not."

Oh, and I also found this:
"ah the joys of cosleeping. Eliza ends up in our beds most night and she often ends up picking our noses. It is her thing I guess."
September 03, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> Oh, and I also found this:
> "ah the joys of cosleeping. Eliza ends up in our
> beds most night and she often ends up picking our
> noses. It is her thing I guess."

eeeewwwwwwwwwwMr. T: I pitty tha fools I guess that's better than the one who likes to sleep with his mouth on moomie's tit and his had on duddy.
September 03, 2008
clematis Wrote:
> Oh, and I also found this:
> "ah the joys of cosleeping. Eliza ends up in our
> beds most night and she often ends up picking our
> noses. It is her thing I guess."

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolseeeewwwwwwwwwwMr. T: I pitty tha fools I guess that's better than the one who likes to sleep with his mouth on moomie's tit and his hand on duddy.
September 03, 2008
I wonder how these moos would have liked my mother. I remember BEGGING my mother to let me sleep in bed with her and my dad when there were thunderstorms. She would say no and shut the door. I would then proceed to sit outside of their door and whine and cry until I finally gave up and went back to my room ("crying it out" - another thing these crazy moos hate). My mom NEVER opened that door to let me in their room. And guess what? I got over my fear of thunderstorms so much so that I now actually enjoy watching them!

These moos know what they are doing is wrong. Why else would they go to such great lengths to keep it hidden?
Gigabyte
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:

> You don't owe any apologies. If I didn't hate what
> they do and how they are so much myself, I
> wouldn't post about it in hopes that everyone else
> hates it as much as I do!tongue sticking out smiley Post away!

Thanks Kim.

kidlesskim Wrote:

> They ALSO like to bring up stories of how other countries and
> cultures co-sleep, but fail to realize or mention that these places
> do not have a choice as they often live in a 2 room shack with only
> one bed, if they are lucky.

I agree Kim. That also annoys me more because my family always compare this society with the filth of moos and the turd world like we should adopt the turd world or other culture way. Well no-thanks.
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
> They KNOW it's not right and they KNOW it's
> unacceptable social behavior, but they don't stop
> because they enjoy it.

Exactly! And they know people are looking at them "that way" because they're perverted nutcases.

For the record, I did sleep in my Mom's bed during the winter, because the furnace was next to her room and my room was at the other end of the apartment, so it was freezing in there.

See, THAT was necessary. What those freaks are doing is beyond sick!
September 03, 2008
Medusa Wrote:
> kidlesskim Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They KNOW it's not right and they KNOW it's
> > unacceptable social behavior, but they don't
> stop
> > because they enjoy it.
>
> Exactly! And they know people are looking at them
> "that way" because they're perverted nutcases.
>
> For the record, I did sleep in my Mom's bed during
> the winter, because the furnace was next to her
> room and my room was at the other end of the
> apartment, so it was freezing in there.
>
> See, THAT was necessary. What those freaks are
> doing is beyond sick!

I remember crawling into my parents bed when I had a nightmare or there was a thunderstorm as well, and I think that's different. It's also different if the child is very sick and needs to be watched or if there is a necessity such as lack of space or the heating and cooling is only in the one room. What is NOT normal is labeling it a "parenting style", planning it, placing the kyds in there after taking down their beds or not even getting them a bed to begin with, encouraging it, and when they are too big or there are too many slumbering around in the famblee bed, to purchase AIR mattresses and lay those all over the bedroom floor or drag mattresses in there. That is obsessive, strange, ridiculous, possibly perverted sexually, allows NO one in the famblee any privacy and could not be good for the marriage OR the kyd's sense of security and individuality. It's primarily the women who enjoy it and condone it and I can't help but wonder if it's because they are avoiding having sex until they are ready to breed again.

I think it's a psychological problem possibly dealing with intimacy and security issues. Whatever it is it is NOT "normal".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login