Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scouts Help Moo Get Drugs

Posted by bratBgone 
bratBgone
Scouts Help Moo Get Drugs
September 03, 2008
My husband told me this story last night after seeing me pour some expired narcotic cough syrup down the drain. He moved into the house we now live in about 11 years ago, before we had met. Shortly there after, he was hanging out at home one Saturday when a boy in a scout uniform knocked on his door. The boy was carrying a grocery bag. He informed my husband that the Boy Scouts of America was collecting prescription drugs that people no longer needed. These drugs would be rebottled and given to people who couldn't afford them. My husband rarely gets sick and told the boy he didn't have any. He then watched the boy get in a trashy car being driven by a skanky looking woman. The woman drove the boy around to the rest of our neighbors, I'm sure collecting some items from them. At first he didn't think much about it, not having been a scout himself, but then he began thinking that it would have to be a scheme thought up by the moo to get drugs. I wonder how many nice narcotic things, like my old cough syrup, this moo got?
Re: Scouts Help Moo Get Drugs
September 03, 2008
Sick. Totally fucking sick. Using your kid as a pawn. And you know, a lot of these kids don't know any better. They were born into a dysfunctional situation, grew up being fed nonsense and brainwashed. They probably saw nothing wrong with what they were doing. This should be considered child endangerment and the kid should be offed to a foster home.
September 03, 2008
I find it highly doubtable that the Boy Scouts would endorse such a project. Old prescription eyeglasses, maybe. But EXPIRED MEDS? GMAFB.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
September 03, 2008
That's obviously a scam and I just wonder how many people filled his goody bag with all kinds of pills and/or let him case the inside of their house while he waited on them to dig through their cabinets and drawers. If people will shoplift and tuck the merchandise in baby strollers behind baybee, use diaper bags to smuggle in liquor to ball games, hide heroin in baybee formula, and strap bombs to their own baybees, I guess they will do just about anything and not blink an eye that it involves their own kyds.
September 03, 2008
He informed my husband that the Boy Scouts of America was collecting prescription drugs that people no longer needed. These drugs would be rebottled and given to people who couldn't afford them.

Not only do I think that's completely illegal--they're PRESCRIPTION drugs! the story stinks to high heaven. Great parenting. Illegal activity modeled by mom, and using kid as accomplice in a likely criminal activity, and making the kid lie. Admirable. Hope someone reported her and got the license plate.
September 03, 2008
What a great idea!!!!!!!!!!!! where do i get a boyscout?
bratBgone
September 03, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Not only do I think that's completely
> illegal--they're PRESCRIPTION drugs! the story
> stinks to high heaven. Great parenting. Illegal
> activity modeled by mom, and using kid as
> accomplice in a likely criminal activity, and
> making the kid lie. Admirable. Hope someone
> reported her and got the license plate.

That was the first thing I said to my husband, "Why didn't you call the cops?!?!" It was a few years before we met and he was enjoying his Saturday by drinking beer and watching old StarTreck episodes, and didn't want to stop what he was doing to deal with making a police report. I would have called the po po's right away and sat back in my recliner to watch the action! Oh, yeah, and it probably would have been the right thing to do, as well! Luckily, I'm here to keep my husband on the right track!bouncing and laughing
September 03, 2008
Wow, yeah, I'd say that's pretty illegal as they come. Perscription drugs? I feel bad for the kid, hopefully he was able to break free from his moo.
k-man
September 03, 2008
Giving a prescription medication with one person's name on it to any other person is a violation of federal law in the US, and states in general probably have their own laws against it too. Some pharmacies used to take back unused prescription meds, but even that has generally ended due to security, liability, and disposal concerns.

These days the authorities are even trying to discourage disposing of old prescription meds by flushing them down the toilet, which is what used to be the instruction. Recent testing showed that the meds remain in detectable amounts in water supplies indefinitely, since wastewater treatment isn't designed to catch them, and they could potentially cause who-knows-what kind of havoc to the ecosystem. Now, IIRC, authorities say to remove the pills from the bottles and dispose of both in separate trash bags or containers with other trash—pills in one bag, bottles in another. The idea is to make it harder to identify the loose pills should others go through your garbage.

The federal law has been in place for a long time, as I remember such warnings when I was still in high school (late '70s). That Boy Scout was the unwitting accomplice of a scam.
nowhiggers
September 03, 2008
Normally, when drug posts come up here on the board, most of you know that I will defend the drug user and drug dealer (as long as fraud, theft or violence is not involved), and that I also believe that everything that was over the counter at the turn of the 20th century, cocaine preparations, opiate preparations and cannabis preparations, should again, be over the counter.

But one place where I do draw the line with vice is when kids are involved. Kids are not adults and cannot possibly enjoy the same constitutional freedom as adults because they cannot assume the responsibilities that come with that freedom.

So yes, in this case, someone should have most certainly called the cops on the moo, no doubt about it.

Now if it were moo by herself, asking for old drugs, but not fraudulently so (its for po' people who cant afford drugs), but just flat out asked, hey, can i have your old cough syrup, I enjoy the buzz. Without any children involved, then, I don't see anything wrong with that and it certainly should not be illegal.
nowhiggers
September 04, 2008
I'll relate another story here, that I have heard and seen countless times.

I live in California. We have the most libertarian medical marijuana laws in the country. Basically, what this boils down to is that for any condition a doctor thinks marijuana might be effective, including afterwork backaches, migraines and other things, (there are 11 medical pot states and some of them are aids and cancer only states right now) its not hard to get your card and get legal here in the state.

We are also the only state with a dispensary system. Medical pot dispensaries are operated as private non profit agencies, they are not operated by the state, which is a good thing because the private growers have much better bud than anything the government has ever passed out.

Parts of the state do not allow dispensaries, but the northern part of california, where I live, is full of them. And man o man... you would not believe these places unless you set foot in one to see them. The one I go to is like a walmart, always at least 30-40 strains of buds on the shelves, every kind of hashish you can imagine, candies, brownies, cakes, ice cream, they even have frozen dinners, like buttered pastas and such, all prepared with cannabis flowers.

Now these places are great places for adults that have followed the law and come there to enjoy their medicine. They really do make these dispensaries into nice places, safe, clean, friendly. I see lots of grandmas in wheelchairs, lots of old vets, and 20 somethings too.

The biggest problem at the dispensaries come from the breeders. When you join a cannabis club, they tell you to leave your goddamned brats at home and not even to drive into the parking lots. All of the dispensaries have a handbook of rules and suggestions from the medical cannabis lawyers on carrying your medicine and so forth so that you comply with the law. And one of those compliances is that you keep it away from kids.

You would not believe the number of shit head breeders that will try to bring their kids or babies in or drive into the parking lot with the brats in the car. Or maybe you would. And the security guards get downright nasty with these damn breeders and kick their asses out and revoke their memberships. Sometimes even the recommending doctor is called and told that their patient was bringing children around so that doctor can revoke the recommendation.

So here we have this really wonderful system, that works really well. People can get legal and never face any legal problems with the cops, and the breeders have to fuck it all up.

But breeders do the same thing with alcohol. I don't think children belong around liquor stores or inside liquor stores either, but no one says a damn thing about that.

Breeders simply cannot make a distinction these days about what is appropriate for children and what is not, and that's what makes them breeders. grinning smiley
September 04, 2008
Breeders fuck up everything decent...that's just their nature.
nowhiggers
September 04, 2008
MerlynHerne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breeders fuck up everything decent...that's just
> their nature.

Yes, and the parts of the state where dispensaries are not allowed, like San Diego, (although, they can not allow dispensaries if they want to, they still cannot prosecute legal patients that drive somewhere else in the state for their medicine), the big fuss that got a lot of dispensaries shut down had to do with breeders NOT FOLLOWING THE LAW and trying to bring their kids around. San Diego, being more conservative and republican christian, their conservabreeders were up in arms about seeing people drive into dispensary parking lots with kids, showing pics of kids going in and so on.

No doubt that there have been shady dispensaries, and you would never want to belong to one of those because the door is wide open for the feds. When a dispensary allows even the image of something being not in compliance or children being around or in the parking lots, thats when the DEA shows up. The patients don't face charges, but all the fine folks that grow and make all the yummy candies and brownies for us all get busted.

NorCal is a bit different, because the DEA has a hell of a time getting any jury to give them what they want, but still, see.. the ones I know of up here are strict as hell when it comes to how they operate. The one I go to has been in business for 4 years without any DEA harassment at all, because they are so damned strict and really give the stomper boot treatment to the breeders.
September 04, 2008
Damm. I should move to CA. I have chronic shoulder pain due to a neck injury I sustained when I was a competitive speed skater. Would that count? angel with halo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login