Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanks AM Radio

Posted by SlumSlut 
Thanks AM Radio
September 03, 2008
While waiting for the traffic report, I heard the tail-end of something like this (I'm paraphrasing):

"...because giving birth is an Astounding Feat [caps mine] and tends to stir up feelings of jealousy in other women..."

I think the commentary had something to do with that Alaska Governor / VP candidate and/or returning to one's job after performing said "astounding feat".

I'm sorry that I don't have more details and context to share. My excuse is because I hadn't had my coffee yet. It's just one of those little things we hear all the time and goes right over most people's heads. My DH would NOT understand or agree about why this remark is so vexing, but you folks probably do. Shame on me for ALLOWING stuff like this to get under my skin.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: Thanks AM Radio
September 03, 2008
Astounding feat, huh?

No, an astounding feat is saving an animal or person's life from a terrible accident or fire.

Surviving a horrific car crash.

Beating cancer.

Beating any terminal illness.

An astounding feat is successfully running a large no-kill animal shelter strictly on private donations.

An astounding feat is your house surviving a violent tornado, hurricane or flood.

An astounding feat is any one of our Olympic competitors doing their respective thing.

Fuck these assholes and their idea of birth being an astouding feat. They're doing nothing more than trillions of species have done for the last several-billion years.

Well, whatever gets them thru the day, I guess.
September 03, 2008
Sure, but I was also annoyed by the "jealousy" thing. Unless, of course, they were referring to the jealousy other moos experience when someone ELSE is getting that type of attention.

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

September 03, 2008
Astounding feats are accomplished by people who have the drive and time to do them. That puts the CF in an enviable position that women bogged down with kids 24/7 are, as we have seen, quite jealous of.

Astounding feats:
--writing and publishing a book that's well-received by people you look up to
--inventing a useful thing and getting it produced and sold successfully
--building your own home from scratch

When grasshoppers, mice, bears, opossums, and spiders reproduce, as they have for millennia, we don't regard it as an astounding feat. Wonder why.
September 03, 2008
I honestly believe that moos think that all other women, specifically childfree and ESPECIALLY childLESS are genuinely jealous when they get pregnant and even moreso when they have a baby. I know that my last husband's ex was SCARED to death, worried even, for several years that I was either pregnant or trying to get pregnant, because it might take some of her breeder glory away. I kept my childfree status to myself and fended off her "when are you having a baby" questions with "Gee, I dunno". I played it up every chance I got. "Oh, I won't be there for that, I have to get an ultrasound that day "......then let her get that scary sing sing voice laced with concern and inquisitiveness, let it really sink in and burn, and when she outright said, nearly in tears, 'How far along are you?", :bawl I'd say, "OH, it's not THAT,(real innocent like) it's for my ulcer"..... tongue sticking out smiley After about ten years, I think she caught on. I did the same things at functions where she was present like, "I am SO craving those cucumber sandwiches!!!", and then rub on my stomach bouncing and laughing

I can say with no fear of being struck down by lightening for lying, could pass a lie detector test,and as anyone who has known me for more than a week can vouch, I AM NOT JEALOUS, really, I am not, I promise. I have only felt great relief when I have had a moment of fear that birth control might have failed me, I have felt nothing but disgust watching the belly rubbing that goes on, the actual birthing and all it entails, and then of course we have the beauty of shitty diapers, vomit, and breastfeeding. In my opinion, human childbirth is one of the last things left over from our evolution much like a wisdom tooth we don't need or an appendix which has no use and it is one of the last clues that humans are animals no matter how much they dress it up. The whole mess surrounding human pregnancy reminds me that we are really not that far out of the cave or from swinging from tree limbs for transport.

I think pregnancy itself is revolting, childbirth is sickening, and all of the suckling and whatnot that accompanies it is gorilla like. I want no part of it personally and don't want to hear moomies talk about it. I don't know why exactly, but am sure it's not jealousy, but I tend to think less of a woman while she is knocked up and for a while thereafter. Something about voluntarily letting what amounts to a parasite take over your body for the better part of a year, makes me sick to my stomach, and their dependency and frailty while knocked up is less than appealing, to say the least. If I just described envy, then so be it.tongue sticking out smiley A "feat", maybe so,eye rolling smiley but it's a VERY common "feat" which the majority of ALL female mammals are capable. Why would I be jealous of something that happens SO easily and that I have been trying to prevent from happening to me for over twenty five years?confused smiley
September 03, 2008
I played it up every chance I got. "Oh, I won't be there for that, I have to get an ultrasound that day "......then let her get that scary sing sing voice laced with concern and inquisitiveness, let it really sink in and burn, and when she outright said, nearly in tears, 'How far along are you?"

This is sad, on her part. Truly and irredeemably pathetic. First of all, to invest SO much of your self-worth in your reproductive function that you have no other identity at all. Second, to regard the pregnancies of those around you as a "competition" that might steal the meagre glory of perhaps the only, and unimaginative, thing you'll EVER do in your dull little life...'cause you're dumb. PATHETIC.
September 03, 2008
Kim, tell us how you really feel.
Anonymous User
September 03, 2008
Kidlesskim, that's genuis! I will start using those lines immediately. Not for an ex's spouse, but for his wannabreed-oh-so-badly-and-soon 18 year old daughter. We don't have to deal with her all that much (I put a stop to that, believe you me) but I LOVE YOUR IDEA..

The look on her face will be more than priceless. Can you imagine her worry that there may be another sibling to split a future inheritance with, not to mention $ for baby items, school, etc. that I know for a freaking fact she thinks she's entitled to, merely because she lives and breathes. Fuckin'CLASSIC!! I guarantee for me, and me only, it wouldn't be "congratulations," the first words out of her mouth will be "but what about me?" For everyone else on the planet, if she finds out someone's pregnant, she gets all excited and girly. Bet you dollars to pennies, if it was me, she'd be pissed instead of giddy.

I look forward to planting the seed (no pun intended) in her brain next time I get the chance...should be great fun.

I actually had thought of doing something similar. My plan was that the next time she giddily announced that someone she knew was pregnant, I was gonna say, "I'm glad you're so happy about so and so, because guess what, I'm PREGNANT, TOO!"(wait for the "oh shit" look and silence to end) and follow it up with..."and since you claim to LOOOOVE kids soooo much, great, me and your dad have a built-in FREE babysitter, wooo hooo!"

That would prove to me that she isn't really happy for people, nor has she even REALLY thought about what having kids means...she's just after the sperm and a paycheck, and has basically admitted as much. That just gets my goat soooo badly, because I've never thought that some man should do that for me... I wonder if she'll think it's so cool if it's me instead of her (using her dad and possible future inheritance for the same thing she YEARNS for... and thinks is the only way to live... and what she DESERVES?!)

But you're idea is better, makes them REALLY sweat it out and worry, day in and day out!! again, GENIUS!
September 03, 2008
LOL spermandapaycheck, I was afraid people might think I was being petty. That woman THRIVED on the fact that her uterus could reproduce and was a breeder like no other I have ever known. She considered a baby a "lifetime bond", and she had "lifetime bonds" with 4 different men. At the age of 46, she was a bit older than I, she got remarried AGAIN (#8) to a 50 something y/o man and was checking into getting her tubal reversed so they could "have one of their own". She was MORTIFIED that I might get pregnant and take away some of her glory and I worked her for all it was worth because I hated her AND her way of thinking. I had a LOT of fun with it over the years. It was also pretty easy to pull one over on her because she was a nurse for an ob/gyn at the time and "superior" in her knowledge and thought no one else had access to WebMD.

So, sometimes before I logged off at work, I'd do a little research on little things like blood pressure medicine that's prescribed to preggos called Aldomet, aldomol, or something. (keywords: medication pregnancy, lol)) Anyway, just for kicks I'd casually mention how my blood pressure medicine had been changed and didn't work as well. She of course would take the bait and ask what kind, then I could tell her and watch her reaction. Then another fun thing to do would be to subtly start asking her baby questions like,"Is it normal for women to get cramps at 3 months along?" Then when she would grace me with her knowledge she'd get all bent and say, "Is my daughter going to have a little sister or brother soon". I would always play innocent and go, "Oh, nothing like that, my pregnant co-worker was worried about it".

When they are SO engrossed in pregnancy like these breeders are, they drop ALL of their shields and are very susceptible to being manipulated. I enjoyed doing that to her immensely. Watching a die hard breeder suffer with jealousy is fun. It's easy to get creative and believe me, there are NUMEROUS opportunities which will surface now that you are aware of how much fun it can be.
September 03, 2008
kidlesskim: you are brilliant. Ha! I too will keep your masterful approach in mind. Love it!
September 03, 2008
clematis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kidlesskim: you are brilliant. Ha! I too will keep
> your masterful approach in mind. Love it!

Either Einstein or Edison (can't remember which) said, "Necessity is the mother of invention". Hence, my "brilliance" was born of the NEED to do something about these asshole breeders. I guess you could say that the womb to my brain has not been closed.tongue sticking out smiley Regardless of what breeders may say, their demeanor, body language, and actions speak volumes about their deep seated jealousy when someone ELSE gets knocked up and the spotlight is away from them and their wombs. NOTHING upstages a breeder more than for another close female such as a sister, SIL, friend, co-worker, etc.....who announces her pregnancy shortly after she has announced her own. However, I have my limits on how far I will go to piss them off!!!!!
Anonymous User
September 03, 2008
Thanks for the other ideas.. more ammo to play with! I guess with the average IQ of these dimwits, the possibilities to fuck with them may be endless. I once laid out some baby clothes on purpose (they were a gift for my nephew) and left them out in the family room when I heard she was stopping by. I got the "WHO IS THAT FOR?" I should have kept her guessing with a vague answer. Oh well, next time I will be ready!
September 03, 2008
I have to get in the habit of doing these things also. We got bingo'd by this gay man we met at a swimming area this past weekend. Do I HAVE to go into a list of reasons about how WRONG it is on so many levels to be bingo'd by a gay person? He didn't even have kids himself! He said we should breed because of the "Idiocracy Principle". That is an expression I just made up; he didn't say it that way. But talk about making assumptions! Just because I have a college degree and have held the same job for over 4 years, he concluded that "stable people such as yourselves" or something like that SHOULD reproduce because you'll make a positive contribution to society and leave a legacy blah blah yak yak yak... I told him, "I'm not really as "stable" as I look, ya know." (This man said he was a RN - I believe him, we had been talking at length before this came up). That was when he asked how long I have held a job, etc. I was all like, "Be HAPPY for me that I don't have any kids" and I wanted to tell him to go masturbate into a turkey baster.

For times like this, I need something to say that will shut them down. I just don't get a thrill out of messing with strangers' minds. If it was someone I see regularly, then yeah, I would do all the stuff you guys are talking about.

September 03, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> I have to get in the habit of doing these things
> also. We got bingo'd by this gay man we met at a
> swimming area this past weekend. Do I HAVE to go
> into a list of reasons about how WRONG it is on so
> many levels to be bingo'd by a gay person? He
> didn't even have kids himself! He said we should
> breed because of the "Idiocracy Principle". That
> is an expression I just made up; he didn't say it
> that way. But talk about making assumptions!
> Just because I have a college degree and have held
> the same job for over 4 years, he concluded that
> "stable people such as yourselves" or something
> like that SHOULD reproduce because you'll make a
> positive contribution to society and leave a
> legacy blah blah yak yak yak... I told him, "I'm
> not really as "stable" as I look, ya know." (This
> man said he was a RN - I believe him, we had been
> talking at length before this came up). That was
> when he asked how long I have held a job, etc. I
> was all like, "Be HAPPY for me that I don't have
> any kids" and I wanted to tell him to go
> masturbate into a turkey baster.
>
> For times like this, I need something to say that
> will shut them down. I just don't get a thrill
> out of messing with strangers' minds. If it was
> someone I see regularly, then yeah, I would do all
> the stuff you guys are talking about.

I realize hindsight is 20/20, but when I read your post here's what immediately came to my mind. "I was thinking the same about you! You are well educated and a nurse as well and you and your partner would make excellent parents!The way technology is these days, I am sure you could find a surrogate mother". or perhaps, "I was BORN childfree, I'm sure you understand". WHAT NERVE that man had to say that to you.
September 04, 2008
I made sure to roll my eyeseye rolling smiley
September 04, 2008
I hear all the time about how "good I am with kids". My reason for giving the kid something to occupy it is to GET IT TO SHUT UP. Of course, the breeders think i just need a little convincing but none of them are brave enough to say so. I really couldn't risk baiting them with baby clothes and shit- I'd never hear the end of it.
September 04, 2008
Me too, Rose. I tell them they can behave and do whatever or I'm bringing them back to whoever owns them. This doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's like I have performed the "amazing feat". They want to GIVE me their kid because I convinced it to eat something without sugar.
September 05, 2008
poofy_puff Wrote:
> Me too, Rose. I tell them they can behave and do
> whatever or I'm bringing them back to whoever owns
> them. This doesn't happen very often, but when it
> does, it's like I have performed the "amazing
> feat". They want to GIVE me their kid because I
> convinced it to eat something without sugar.

LOL, That has happened to me as well! I know the answer though and it has NOTHING to do with "how good" I am with kyds or how much "kyds just LOVE me". On the occasions I have been in charge of a kyd, I make them lunch, give it to them, and they eat it. I think that a chyld can sense when a grownup won't play any silly games about how they won't eat something. I am of the belief that if they don't eat what they are given at one meal, then they will make up for it at the next when they are really hungry. If the kyd isn't allergic to something and is otherwise healthy, it won't hurt it one bit to poke his lips out and hold his breath at meal time. Yet, moomies race to Hardees to get the kyd chicken nuggets with a toy so he will eat, and the kyd is well aware of what he can get away with, and with whom. It's completely unnecessary to "bribe" a kyd to eat. Eating is a biological function and an innate urge for survival. The kyd WILL eat if it knows it can't manipulate an adult to give it whatever it wants.
September 05, 2008
I like kidlesskim's riposte as usual, and geez, it's perfectly logical! Stable job...stable living situation...both in the same boat as far as potential parents; why the bingo??

Does it ever cross anyone's mind that maybe someone (potential PNcool smiley might be infertile, unable to afford IVF, and heartbroken? Or maybe just lost a child? The insensitivity of people on this topic continues to amaze me.

But I tend to be more bristly in general and probably would say, "It's none of your business and I don't care to discuss it."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login