Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Babystalking In Pet Store

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Babystalking In Pet Store
September 04, 2008
Yesterday I stopped at the big pet store near my house. I know the girl who takes care of the rats/mice/hammies, etc., and we were at the cages chatting (she is CF also).

She was cleaning the cage of the baby rats and I was fussing like a goof over them. She's a big rat lover also, and I said, "Aren't baby rats the cutest thing on this earth?"

Well, behind us, walks this trendy SAHMoo holding a freshly-hatched loaf and goes, in this stupid little girl/baby voice, "Noooo, BABY babies are the cutest thing in the world" and proceeds to walk up to us as if we were going to stop and fuss over her hatchling.

We both looked at her, rolled our eyes and as we turned away, I said, "Yea, so, anyway......."

She nonchalantly sauntered away and proceeded to harrass another customer. Fucking idiot. I think she was the wife/girlfriend of a worker there, otherwise I have no idea what a breeder would be doing in a pet store with a fresh hatchling.
Re: Babystalking In Pet Store
September 04, 2008
I would have told her no, her baby is not the cutest thing. Baby animals are though. What an obnoxious moo!
bratBgone
September 04, 2008
Newborn human babies are REALLY scary looking. My aunt had her first and only sprog when she was 42. This kid was born two months premature and was the fugliest thing I'd ever seen. He was red all over 2 months after he was born, and his skin was peeling all over! Yuck! My aunt was visiting my grandmother along with the red scale monster from hell, and I felt obligated to stop by to say hello since I rarely see my aunt. Both my grandmother and my aunt kept trying to get me to hold the kid. I told them I really wasn't comfortable with it, since I find human babies scary. They let me know that it was a good thing that I had never had children. Well, duh!!!smiling smiley
September 04, 2008
They ALWAYS think that if they are holding a baby that whatever someone else is doing, whether it be oohing over cute kittens, performing brain surgery, or directing traffic, that we will ALL stop dead in our tracks and want to coo over said kyd and ask to hold it. I have NEVER held a stranger's baby and come to think of it, not even a baby of people I know. I held my neice and nephew a few times and a couple here and there when I babysat as a young teen, but that's it. I mean what do you do with a baby if you hold it? Look at it (no thanks) have it vomit on you or smell a diaper? I see no reason at all for anyone besides the mother, duddy, or the grandmoos to hold a baby once it's released from the paid handlers at a hospital.
September 04, 2008
RoseRed said: That is horrible. I would have reminded her we weren't talking to her. Bitch. They are so invasive.

Yeah. The older I get, the less patient I get with such rudeness in public. I like this response. It avoids the mom's idiotic debate of who's cuter and simply points out that before this person raises a child they'd better work on their manners.

If you were convinced that your child was the cutest thing ever, you wouldn't mind someone saying something else is the cutest thing, as you'd be secure in your conviction, and move on. If you feel threatened by the fact that sensible people find baby rats cuter than your child, that tells me that you feel some lurking suspicion within yourself that they might be right, so you have to go so far as to break the rules of etiquette to butt in and try to be a bully, basically.

I have had rats in the past and they are so inquisitive, smart, agile, and mellow. Nice pets.
September 04, 2008
What's a baby baby (I mean besides a song)? Is that a new human sub-species I have not yet heard of? You mean their are infant versions of infants that are more infantile than normal babies? smiling smiley

I agree...normal parents who are happy with their choices would not even blink at such a comment. Someone is insecure, yes?
September 05, 2008
I don't touch non-walkers, and I make every effort to avoid touching the ambulatory ones.
September 06, 2008
m4p Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would have told her no, her baby is not the
> cutest thing. Baby animals are though. What an
> obnoxious moo!

To me, newborn babies are anything but cute, and I have felt this way from the time I was a child. To this day, I have never understood the allure of a foul smelling screaming peanut. Ack.

But show me a puppy or kitten and my heart melts.
September 06, 2008
Baby bunnies are pretty heart-melting too, with their stubby li'l ears and big chocolate eyes and whiskery tiny nose.
September 06, 2008
I meant no disrespect to people who provide loving homes for bunnies--I just don't have any personal experience with them.

But now that you mention it, I can see why they would be adorable.
September 06, 2008
Oh no, I completely agree with you Tiquer smiling smiley puppies and kittens are adorable.
September 06, 2008
More proof that moos are just mentally ill. I defy anyone to prove otherwise.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login