Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only little kids go back to school?

Posted by blondie 
Only little kids go back to school?
August 25, 2015
There is a back to school issue of our local weekly hipster paper, or so it seems. Apparently only pre-school up to about fourth graders go to school. Because in about seventy pages, that is all that is represented.

Now teens, pre-teens and pre-pre teens don't even matter anymore. It's just about the wee ones, EVEN when it comes to school related stuff.

Pretty soon there will be fetus schools. Publicly funded. No fetus left behind, mainstream all feti. Private prep fetal academy, too. smiling smiley $$$$.
Re: Only little kids go back to school?
August 25, 2015
blondie

Pretty soon there will be fetus schools. Publicly funded. No fetus left behind, mainstream all feti. Private prep fetal academy, too. smiling smiley $$$$.

Somehow the government will find a way for clumps to take standardized tests.

In this westernized, backwards society, the younger you are, the more important you are. It's all screwed up.

The only people who that kid really matters to is its parunts and immediate famblee. Nobody else gives two shits, because the kid ultimately does NOT contribute anything worthwhile to society until it's much older.

So, the least valuable people in society are now being put up on a pedastel. It's all fucked up, because the parunts need to feel worshipped through their spawn, because THEY feel worthless except for the reason that they've spawned. (The most important legacy I'm leaving on this planet is my DNA replicant, and so on...)
August 26, 2015
mumofsixbirds
In this westernized, backwards society, the younger you are, the more important you are. It's all screwed up.

The only people who that kid really matters to is its parunts and immediate famblee. Nobody else gives two shits, because the kid ultimately does NOT contribute anything worthwhile to society until it's much older.

So, the least valuable people in society are now being put up on a pedastel. It's all fucked up, because the parunts need to feel worshipped through their spawn, because THEY feel worthless except for the reason that they've spawned. (The most important legacy I'm leaving on this planet is my DNA replicant, and so on...)

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou This is what I think exactly. I don't get society's obsession with kids. If you think about kids objectively, they really are useless. They literally contribute nothing to society, and yet they are considered with higher regard by the village than the childfree taxpayers. I also never understood the whole genetic immortality thing. It really is nonsensical - even if you have a kid, there is no gaurentee that your kid will have a kid, and so on. Or maybe they will, but then x years after you've passed away, a there is an apocalypse that kills off the entire population of the world. So much for your genetic immortality. Breeders that say that are so stupid - they seem to understand the impermanence of their own lives, yet do not fathom the impermance of the lives of their progeny.
August 26, 2015
contemplativeintrovert
mumofsixbirds

I don't get society's obsession with kids. If you think about kids objectively, they really are useless. They literally contribute nothing to society, and yet they are considered with higher regard by the village than the childfree taxpayers. I also never understood the whole genetic immortality thing. It really is nonsensical - even if you have a kid, there is no gaurentee that your kid will have a kid, and so on..

I grew up in an Eastern European family (I'm first generation) so I'm constantly baffled by this loaf worship. Since I can remember I was taught to respect my elders and superiors. Kids are viewed as up-and-coming adults who need a ton of molding and discipline before they can be considered mature. The older you get and the more accomplishments you rack up along the way, the more respect you earn. My cousins and I got a pretty hard time with this but it did hammer us into people who give a shit about what we contribute to society. The point when I really started to get recognition and respect was after graduating with my master's at 25. Even more so now that I'm holding down a full-time job and writing a book at the same time. I've killed myself in the process, but it was earned. It wasn't some mystical automatic fetus worship.

And the whole legacy bullshit? Your legacy is exactly that: yours. Not somebody else's, no matter how much DNA you share with them. When my dad passed I wasn't looked at as his legacy, and I'm still not. I'm seen as his daughter and it ends there. His legacy is the engineering breakthroughs he made.

"If your parenting didn't make him a sociopath the lack of it did." -Jessica Jones
August 26, 2015
This is a new one to me. I can swear I have seen high school kids in the back to school ads in the weekly circulars recently. But I believe it.

Just as annoying is "kids going back to school = the summer is over and fall is here." The calendar we all follow in the western world clearly states that September 23 is the first day of fall. smile rolling left righteyes2
August 26, 2015
mumofsixbirds
In so many cultures and even ancient civilizations, the older you are (or were), the more valuable you are (or were).

-> exactly! That's a perfect description of today's standards.
I don't understand it either.
I feel like people are projecting - baybeh = hope & fyuture, baybeh can become ANYTHING.
August 26, 2015
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou

Just as annoying is "kids going back to school = the summer is over and fall is here." The calendar we all follow in the western world clearly states that September 23 is the first day of fall. smile rolling left righteyes2

tell me about it. DH wanted to go to the jersey shore last summer, but because I don't do sun well, I fry like a lobster, we try to make reservations in mid-september. hubby tells me the place that we booked isn't exactly right by the shore, so I call the place and ask them how far they are, and that it's a private beach and that since it's after the season there aren't any lifeguards. I try to get a straight answer out of the woman if swimming was allowed or not. the woman got super snippy and just, well... couldn't be bothered.

So I canceled the reservations. Fuck em. I was going to spend my money in New Jersey, but because of this I decided to get a jacuzzi suite with my favorite polish innkeeper in wine
country instead. Not only was it cheaper than Jersey, the sulphur spring water did wonders for my skin that was taking a long time to heal from assorted bug bites and whatnot.

August 27, 2015
mumofsixbirds
In so many cultures and even ancient civilizations, the older you are (or were), the more valuable you are (or were).

The most valuable people from an economic perspective are probably mid-career people whose prior work has paid of society's initial investment in them, but who still have the potential of productive years ahead along with a track record to suggest they will be productive. From the time children are conceived until they complete their schooling and are ready to begin working, they only increase their cummulative consumption of society's resources, and we have no way of knowing if that investment will yield results.

Breeders like to look at potential rather than the present.
August 27, 2015
Back to School...

Or as I prefer.

Back to the streets and shops being empty between 9 and 3 each weekday so the CF can go about their lives without gangs of brats or muvaahs with giant chariots taking over the place.
August 27, 2015
Everywhere I go is infested with brats at the moment. About time they went back to school and got out of my way.
August 30, 2015
aes sedai
I grew up in an Eastern European family (I'm first generation) so I'm constantly baffled by this loaf worship. Since I can remember I was taught to respect my elders and superiors.

I live in Eastern Europe, and in the past ten years or so kid worship took over the continent like a storm. When I was a kid it was completely acceptable for adults, even strangers to reprimand an unruly kid. Now it's practically impossible because momzilla will be on you within a second, lecturing you that her kid will be a taxpayer when you are an old fart (recent taxpayers are apparently not as valuable as future ones). Breeding policies of governments fuel this behavior all over Europe.
August 30, 2015
Petsmart recently sent me an email advertising dog and cat toy as 'back to school' merchandise. waving hellolarious
Anonymous User
August 31, 2015
mumofsixbirds

This is why I no longer mark the organ donor box on my driver's license: When that damn kid up in PA with Cystic fibrosis got a set of adult lungs cut down, AND a second set when the first failed, AND I read article after article, comment after comment, online about how Kathleen Sebelius (?) was "so mean" to not just put that damn kid at the head of the donor list ...I saw the writing on the wall. From here on, organs will be donated to the "wee ones" first , because "Organs should only go to kids, as adults had their chance!" (An actual quote I saw numerous times, while the PA kid was making the news). Adults currently making a contribution should be at the head of the line, followed by minors old enough that they will soon be contributing , AND their ability to contribute pretty well revealed* (teenagers) , then older adults, some of whom are still working or training others...Maybe young children above retired folk, but behind everyone else, dammit!

*ie, whether or not they've already had run ins with the law, problems with school attendance and grades...Like that teen in GA , who was turned down for a heart (?), protesters made a huge stink, and the hospital gave him the damned organ...Only for him to throw his life away 2-3 years later, committing some petty crime. That happened late last year/earlier this year, IIRC.
August 31, 2015
ex lurker
I read article after article, comment after comment, online about how Kathleen Sebelius (?) was "so mean" to not just put that damn kid at the head of the donor list ...I saw the writing on the wall. From here on, organs will be donated to the "wee ones" first , because "Organs should only go to kids, as adults had their chance!" (An actual quote I saw numerous times, while the PA kid was making the news). Adults currently making a contribution should be at the head of the line, followed by minors old enough that they will soon be contributing , AND their ability to contribute pretty well revealed* (teenagers) , then older adults, some of whom are still working or training others...Maybe young children above retired folk, but behind everyone else, dammit!

Seriously? I want to say that I can't believe that, but sadly it does sound like something a breeder would say. How dare they judge an adult as undeserving of life because they've already lived for a while. Fairness does not equal everyone living an equal amount of time - if it were, they would do away with capital punishment. Fairness is giving the people with the most contribution to society priority. I would even put young children under retired people and sort the age rank by profession.

Retired workers > retired non-workers > working adults and non-working students attempting to complete a M.D / Psy.D / Ph.D > Non-working adults and other students > teenagers > kids 12-9 > the rest of the brats.
Retired workers: Retired surgeon that has saved thousands of lives > retired mechanic
August 31, 2015
And people with diseases like cystic fibrosis should be way the fuck down on the list, if on the list at all. Those lungs are ultimately a waste because all it did was stave off the inevitable for another couple of years. The kid will still be dead before 20 (if she already needed a double lung transplant at 10, she's not for much longer even with new lungs). Even those with CF that aren't that bad off will die by 30.

Instead of wasting time in demanding little dying precious get to the front of the line just so Moo doesn't have to cry just yet, spend that time and energy making sure that kid gets to have a little fun before she dies. What does that kid get with her new lungs? Her life of hospitals and doctors and medication and oxygen tanks and choking on mucus and missing out on living is extended for another 10 years, maybe.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login