Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WIC recipient defends her right to go to Cancun

Posted by clematis 
WIC recipient defends her right to go to Cancun
September 05, 2008

www.indymoms.com/posts/wic-are-we-not-allowed-off-shoot-of-earlier-post_1209623632

(please copy and paste that into your browser if you'd like to read the post, and the (7 pages of!) comments that follow it)

"I [WIC recipient] still have not seen a good argument as to why I, or anyone else, should not be able to visit Cancun, Fiji, Florida,? The only “reason” I hear is ‘it just isn’t right’. My question back to you is WHY isn’t it right? According to the 2 of you, if I am on assistance then I am only allowed to go if I am visiting family or helping family out? Why is that okay? And spending a nice romantic weekend with my wonderful husband celebrating a wonderful mile stone in our lives is not? I pay taxes just as you do. I am entitled to the WIC benefits according to state guidelines. I just got re certified last week. If it’s okay with the state, then how is me going to Cancun a ‘crime’ or ‘wrong’ for that matter?"
Perhaps the problem is with the state guidelines which enable someone like this to be able to take a trip to Cancun. And by guidelines I mean both the income and asset maximums one cannot exceed to be eligible for WIC as well as the amount of the benefits themselves. Perhaps both should be lower (in that state) so someone cannot easily have so much money left over to take such a trip on the taxpayers' dime?
Re: WIC recipient defends her right to go to Cancun
September 05, 2008
I do not think that people who are on public assistance should have the luxury of taking expensive vacations. Some may argue that a parent, boyfriend, or other relative paid for it. That's fine and dandy, but there is NO way anyone could go on a vacation out of the area (or country) paid by someone else or not, and not spend some of their own money, I don't believe. Also, if mom and dad or the boyfriend can afford luxuries such as a Cancun vacation, then they can damn well afford to help out with the child(s) living expenses. A RESPONSIBLE parent would say, "That is SO thoughtful! As you know though we have to rely on public assistance and that money sure would come in handy to help me raise Snotley. Maybe we could use that money for some school clothes, a decent bed, and some food for the freezer."

This goes for people who are not on assistance but who have unpaid debts as well. When I was a debt collector and had to call people because their payment was late, I can't TELL you how many times I was told, "They went to Disneyworld", or "They are on vacation and won't be back for ten days". If you can't pay your bills then you need to "stay your ass at home." At the very least you don't need to brag about it or let it be common knowledge to your creditors that not only did you lie that you couldn't pay the bill in full and needed to make arrangements, but that you can't even keep those agreed upon arrangements because you are going on a trip that costs upwards of $3k. I would be very ashamed if I had begged the manager of the bank to extend my car loan due date for a week due to lack of money, and then saw her/him while I was in town eating at a nice restaurant located at a horse track VIP club, for instance.

Some people have a sense of entitlement I suppose, and/or they have no shame.
Cheese Louise
September 05, 2008
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, if mom and
> dad or the boyfriend can afford luxuries such as a
> Cancun vacation, then they can damn well afford to
> help out with the child(s) living expenses. A
> RESPONSIBLE parent would say, "That is SO
> thoughtful! As you know though we have to rely on
> public assistance and that money sure would come
> in handy to help me raise Snotley. Maybe we could
> use that money for some school clothes, a decent
> bed, and some food for the freezer."

EXACTLY. The money spent on a trip to Cancun would go a LONG way in brat support. Too bad there isn't a way to suspend moo's WIC benefits for however long it would take to equal the cost of the trip, which would help negate the burden on the taxpayers. If you can afford a LUXURY like that, you can afford to feed your own fucking kids!!
September 06, 2008
This woman ought to be reported to Social Services and the WIC program. I am sick to death of welfare moos being given everything and then being able to do things and go places that WORKING people cannot. I could see if she splurged on a nice dress or something, but a fucking trip to CANCUN??!!
I find it horrific that these welfare moos are going on extravagant trips, but I'm not at all surprised. So many people in their socio-economic group have zero idea of how to prioritize. I have never been late for a utility bill, never missed a car or house payment, never bounced a check. I was raised in a lower middle class environment to know the difference between wants and needs. I know how to do without when I can't afford something.

When I began working and dealing with many types of families, it always amazed me that the kids from welfare families were the ones who wore the designer clothes to school, the ones who had all of the latest video games and electronics, and the ones who would tell stories about how they are staying with grandma this week because their mom and her boyfriend were on a cruise. These people are in enormous debt, and living on the edge. They funny thing is, I dont think they care. They're so used to assistance from others that their "living for the moment" lifestyle is the norm for them. The debt gets too bad they can always declare bankruptcy.
September 06, 2008
bratBgone Wrote:

> When I began working and dealing with many types
> of families, it always amazed me that the kids
> from welfare families were the ones who wore the
> designer clothes to school, the ones who had all
> of the latest video games and electronics, and the
> ones who would tell stories about how they are
> staying with grandma this week because their mom
> and her boyfriend were on a cruise. These people
> are in enormous debt, and living on the edge. They
> funny thing is, I dont think they care. They're
> so used to assistance from others that their
> "living for the moment" lifestyle is the norm for
> them. The debt gets too bad they can always
> declare bankruptcy.

I remember the first time I saw an example of how some white trash welfare people live. My Jr. High school had bussing for approximately 15% of the students to be shipped in from undesirable areas of town. There was this one girl who was a cheerleader (expensive activity) and wore the snazziest clothes imaginable and ALWAYS had more cash than the rest of us at after ball games, pizza parties, weekends at the skating rinks or movies, outings to the fair, etc....She was somewhat of a "loose" girl though but I liked her ok enough and some of the other girls thought she was wonderful, hence she was always with my "group". Anyway, I had thought she lived in one of the nicer areas of town, judging by her "best dressed" status and the way she always had money jewlery, and TONS of expensive clothes.

Anyway, one night I was spending the night with the girl whose mother was giving the rides home and I got to see how/where she lived. She lived in a housing area right next to the ghetto in what amounted to a dirty crackerbox with 5 or 6 cars parked on the lawn. There was trash and debris all in her yard and screens hanging off the house. Her mother came sauntering out of the house visibly inebriated and wearing a moo moo with no bra and 3 or 4 little kyds waddling behind her. It all became clear to me now that these people must be spending all of their cash on this pretty girl of theirs and living off the government. I was only 13 years old, but it made an impression on me.

I saw her years later at a Wendy's restaurant and she looked about like her mother had that night some ten years prior. She had a couple of ankle biters in tow, one on the hip, and either was knocked up or incredibly fat and looked like 99 miles of rough road as she drove off in a clunker of a car that was missing hubcaps. I guess you can take the kyd out of the white trash neighborhood but you can't take the white trash out of the kyd. She never had much of a chance with her mother as an example of how to work the system and not plan ahead. Once the baybees start coming, for a girl raised in this environment there is rarely any turning back. Why don't they take what they have, get a college grant, and LEAVE all of that shit behind? I know this girl could have done that, but she chose to remain behind.confused smiley
Kidlesskim said:

"I saw her years later at a Wendy's restaurant and she looked about like her mother had that night some ten years prior. She had a couple of ankle biters in tow, one on the hip, and either was knocked up or incredibly fat and looked like 99 miles of rough road as she drove off in a clunker of a car that was missing hubcaps. I guess you can take the kyd out of the white trash neighborhood but you can't take the white trash out of the kyd. She never had much of a chance with her mother as an example of how to work the system and not plan ahead. Once the babybees start coming, for a girl raised in this envirnonment there is rarely any turning back. Why don't they take what they have, get a college grant, and LEAVE all of that shit behind? I know this girl could have done that, but she chose to remain behind."

I had a one day training session on poverty about 5 years ago as continuing education for my teaching certification. All of this behavior is very typical to what I learned. Spending money that should be used on bills for designer clothes makes the person feel that they're on an equal plane or above their middle class peers. The funny thing is, most middle class people associate certain expensive brand names with these white trash people, totally cancelling out their plan! I know when I see someone in Tommy Hilfiger, South Pole, or Ekco(sp?), they are usually white trash, and in most cases whiggers. I also assume that these expensive clothes are obtained by unsavory means (drugs, prostitution, theft).

As far as leaving this environment is concerned, people naturally gravitate toward what is familiar and comfortable for them emotionally and mentally. Girls like your friend want to belong in the middle class world, but often, even with opportunities like grants or sc
September 06, 2008
"I know how to do without when I can't afford something."

Absolutely. I come from a lower-middle middle class background and we had a great childhood but there were definitely some things we didn't have, like summer camp or fancy clothes. Bikes were used and just fine, clothes were mostly from Kmart and just fine, and it really made a lasting impression on me, a good one, though I remember wanting designer jeans in high school. I'm glad my parents taught my sis and I that "if you don't have the money, cash IN HAND, you can't afford it." Today, if extra cash comes along, I get more satisfaction out of saving it and investing it than blowing it on some foolish breakable item or some flashy trip. I'd rather have cash in the bank and for a trip, take a bike ride with DH around the nearby Ford Lake park boardwalk and trail, which we're doing later this afternoon. Just because you have cash doesn't mean you should spend it. I'm very grateful to my parents for teaching us that.
Ooops, accidently clicked on post!

Even with opportunities like grants or scholarships, girls like that don't have the family background of support to push them out of poverty. They drift back to the white trash ways of their family because it's a familiar lifestyle, breed, and work deadend jobs the rest of their pathetic lives. It usually takes 2 generations of family members really trying, to get out of poverty.
clematis Wrote:
> "I know how to do without when I can't afford
> something."
>
> Absolutely. I come from a lower-middle middle
> class background and we had a great childhood but
> there were definitely some things we didn't have,
> like summer camp or fancy clothes. Bikes were used
> and just fine, clothes were mostly from Kmart and
> just fine, and it really made a lasting impression
> on me, a good one, though I remember wanting
> designer jeans in high school. I'm glad my parents
> taught my sis and I that "if you don't have the
> money, cash IN HAND, you can't afford it." Today,
> if extra cash comes along, I get more satisfaction
> out of saving it and investing it than blowing it
> on some foolish breakable item or some flashy
> trip. I'd rather have cash in the bank and for a
> trip, take a bike ride with DH around the nearby
> Ford Lake park boardwalk and trail, which we're
> doing later this afternoon. Just because you have
> cash doesn't mean you should spend it. I'm very
> grateful to my parents for teaching us that.

Sounds like my childhood, and way of living. We were lucky to be raised with a middle class mindset and value system. These trashy people that we've been writing about just live for the moment, and leave the rest to chance. I certainly couldn't sleep at night living that way.

These people also don't seem to understand that children hold you back from accomplishing a good life if you don't have the means to care for them. So many of these white trash girls begin breeding before finishing school. Their life is over once they push their first one out.
If a childfree person refused to pay their taxes based on the fact that welfare moo is going off to Cancun, the government would bring out all the firepower to get them out of their house and off to jail. No one, except in rare rare rare circumstances ever wins against the IRS.

But when a fucking whore like this collects her welfare and then jets off to Cancun at the taxpayers expense, (and for you liberals, yes, it is at the taxpayers expense even if someone else is paying for it because moo would not be able to go to Cancun if the taxpayer was not funding bratcare) not only will she NOT go to jail like the taxpayer who might refuse to pay taxes, but the goddamn government will keep giving her more after the trip.

It's illegal not to pay your taxes, but perfectly fine to collect taxpayer money to take luxury trips and buy luxury items. WTF is wrong with this picture?

I'll tell you what's wrong. Your precious Republicans and Democrats devised this system and encourage the continuation of it.

I cannot wait till this whole damn thing collapses, and collapse it will.
September 06, 2008
but, nowhiggers, maybe we should cut her some slack. It's exhausting being on the dole. Did you catch her comments about how many phone calls she had to make to get her freebies? Phone calls---oooooooh, so tiring! I'm sweating just thinking about it! It ain't a bed of roses, and so she has a "right" to take a break in a tropical island!

Box of mac 'n cheese for the kids tonight again...but never mind that. They like it!
At this point I really don't care who I offend here with what I am about to say:

If you are casting a vote in this election for a Republican or Democrat, you are giving an endorsement to this crap. You are endorsing the "social contract" you have with these moos to keep them in bratcare so they can afford luxury items. The "cadillac welfare queen" is no myth, it is the STANDARD by which these whores live by. If reading stories like the one here aren't enough evidence for you, then take your ass to the local welfare office and sit outside and watch all the SUVs and freaked out hoopties that show up there. Go to the supermarket at the first of the month and watch the shit the moos buy, what they are wearing and what they drive. And if that's not enough evidence for you, in addition to all the breeders online that brag about and flaunt their welfare income as a way to gain luxury items, then you need to shoot yourself in the head for being so fucking blind and stupid.
This business of the WIC moo being able to go to Cancún reminds me of the times I've seen breeders with food stamps buying shrimp and steak that my family couldn't afford. We've discussed that here too. Also, my late stepfather was a cop in upstate New York for a time, and even in the early 1960s the state was giving welfare moos apartments and other freebies. One he recalled decades later—and still livid about it—was a welfare moo with 10 kyds, with a fully furnished taxpayer-provided apartment complete with color TV, at a time when color sets were still rare and expensive. He had responded to some call at the apartment while on duty (I think CPS-related). My stepdad couldn't have afforded such a set for his wife and kids at the time, as he noted.
September 06, 2008
My ex used to have to go to peoples' homes to collect on loan accounts on occasion and this one Saturday he insisted I go with him because he knew I would be shocked and I guess he wanted to see my reaction. I had NO idea what was in store for me when he went calling on this "house" in a rural area. They had used a 5k wide screen tv as collateral for a loan and he was collecting their late payment. This was in the 80's when the only people who had these HUGE and expensive TV's were the very wealthy and a few sports bars. Anyway, this is what I remember from it.

As we drove up their dirt driveway I noted it was littered with debris and probably 2 or 3 hundred Shlitz Malt Liquor cans. When we got to the "house" it was a dilapidated, rusty, sunken in the middle single wide trailer and it had no doors or windows. For the "door" they had a dirty sheet nailed up to the outside of it. On the inside the carpet looked more dirty and greasy than an oil rag at a gas station, there were pounds and pounds of dirty laundry scattered about, trash piled up in every available space and corner, and there sat a 500 lb woman all sprawled out on a broken couch with a Shlitz malt liquor can in one hand and a pizza box balanced on her legs. The kitchen had dishes stacked up on all available counter space and on the floor nearly 3 feet high. I HAD to see the bathroom, so I asked to use it.

There was a skeleton of a toilet, but it had no seat and the hole went straight through to the ground outside, the stench was unbearable.There was no shower head but rather a green garden hose pulled up through a hole in the wall and it sat inside of a pickle bucket inside of the bathtub in some stagnate water with all kinds of shit floating around in it. In the middle of ALL of that crap, across a whole wall in the den, was that wide screen TV. Their sole income was that woman's disability check and some aid for dependent children money, and of course food stamps. I will never be able to get the visual of that "house" out of my head.
September 06, 2008
tI have to say that There are a LOT of things that I would like, but I know that DW and I cannot afford them at theis time. I have been fortunate enough to inherit some furniture from my mum, but before that we lived with some furniture we got from friends in the SCA.
I've been in homes of people getting assistance and their furniture is way nicer than anything I can afford. I guess I get tired of paying taxes only to see shit like these slags going on trips and cruises, or having stuff I can only dream about.
kidlesskim Wrote:
> My ex used to have to go to peoples' homes to
> collect on loan accounts ...This was in the 80's

bouncing and laughing

was this for one of those rent-a-center places?

This is funny because the single moos on welfare especially love those rent-a-center places. They always have all the latest electronics, albeit used from going to single moo to single moo, but they are still in exsitance today.

You know how this works, rent-a-center will rent the moos furniture, fancy tv's etc for about 500% the actual cost of the item.

A guy I used to know in social work told me that often the welfare moos would go to rent-a-center and get these things BEFORE they would buy school clothes, books and even food for their children. He handled CPS for a while, which is really the only social services that actually keeps somewhat of an eye on the moos if they have fucked up with their kids before. They go in and check stuff like: to see if the refrigerator has milk and food, and if not why not, since moo is getting food stamps, they check the kids for marks and bruises, check the cleanliness of the house and so on. He said rent-a-center was a big problem for them because the moos were always blowing their checks there or selling food stamps to pay the rentals on their tvs and such.

When a moo is placed with CPS, the worker can come in and put a stop to some of this crap, but the regular welfare dept does not track down any of this stuff.

http://www.motherjones.com/news/outfront/2005/05/paynow_paylater.html

Here's a bloody whining article from MooJones about an illegal alien (those hard workers) with several brats (all getting welfare I am sure since moos various cleaning toilet jobs for pennies would not in any shape or form cover the costs of raising 3 brats, although MooJones never talks about THAT). I'm not sure what's worse, MooJones or NPR.. but anyways, the same kind of drivel about "po' moo didn't have a place to sit so she went to rent-a-center and was gouged." BLAH. Moo could have gone to the goodwill, or to a church and said, hey, I've got three brats and I'm a precious illegal alien, and by golly, I bet they would have given her whatever furniture she needed.

Fact of the matter is, these welfare moos, "deys wans da bling!" Although to my tastes, rent-a-center is tacky and ugly, to a welfare moo, it's all shiny and "new" looking so they go for that. Same with the tvs and shit they have there, same principle.
I have no problem with this moo going to Cancun.

Coming back, however...
I read as many posts as possible before the hypertension would react!!! WTF???? Entitlement minded byatches!!! If they are taking advantage of a taxpayer supported program to help the disadvantaged, they have an obligation to refrain from using the program if they do not need it. And, I submit, If they can afford a vacation, they do not need to take advantage of the program. A vacation is a luxury, never a necessity. There are getaways and methods of stress reduction that do not involve going to Cancun Fiji, or Florida. As far as it not being my business??? A taxpayer funded program is paid for by me, the taxpayer. One of the most "taxed" taxpayers, as I have no dependant deductions, child care credit, head of household exculusions, earned income credit, ect...well you get the picture. Thus, her "WIC" benies come out of my pocket. The bennies are for certain health, food related items that are deemed a necessity for life sustanence. When someone can pay for a vacation in Cancun, that money should first go to their necessities. To take advantage of a welfare program, funded by taxpayers, even though they claim they still meet guidelines, is morally corrupt. They have failed to demonstrate any responsibilty or self sufficiency. The justifications for the "need" for a vacation are just plain bull. The whining that they should be "judged" and their expenditures are no one elses business.... BBBBBSSSSSS. If the byatches want everything private, then don't pick the taxpayers pockets and stay off public assistance. How about the exigent circumstances of the "over taxed" taxpayers who ARE NOT on public assitance and are excersing responsiblity to be self sufficient, what about the trials and tribulations these folks experience in the day to day trials of working in order to PAY taxes!!! I gotta stop now, the hypertension folks.... this topic and IVF and undisciplined brats and entitlement minded breeder idiots, .... gets the blood to boil.
hubby says the republicans and democrats set up this system, this social contract to support breeders that don't need it (ie, trip to cancun while still being able to qualify for WIC) specifically for the purpose of generating more cannon fodder for future wars.

I agree with this assessment entirely. Breeders easily qualify for welfare and get all those tax breaks and entitlements so their little shits can grow up in order to die or get maimed for whatever politically expedient cause the two parties may manufacture in the future.

The breeders though, they do not see this. All they see is GIMMMMEEEEEE!!! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!

Childfree people are the least helpful for the repub and demo war machines, and we get punished and taxed for such.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login