Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"A Baybee Dies at Daycare, A Mother Asks Why She Had to Leave Him So Soon."

Posted by bell_flower 
Link is here.

Working mother who got three months of paid maternity leave took her son to daycare and he died there on the first day, presumably of SIDS, (The ME ruled "inconclusive" but it appears no harm was done to him.) The daycare worker put him to sleep on his side, which Moo says isn't right, and she also performed CPR "incorrectly."

It's horrible this happened, but to heal her grief the Moo wrote an article why she "had to" leave him so soon. Que the comments where most people are railing against the evil Government and evil corporations for "not making chyldrun a priority." Most of the comments are a treasure trove of entitlement, but this is the NYT after all. There are a few comments about better planning and saving for your kid, and they are shouted down for the most part. (Apparently this woman is 41 years old and one of the reasons she didn't want to leave her job is that she has a good job, but no college, and she was concerned about getting another job. She and her partner are also not married, and she was carrying him on her health insurance.)

It's awful this happened, but staying home might not have prevented it. No matter, she's becoming a warrior for six months or one year of paid mooternity leave, just like Canada.

A few comments ask about the childless/childfree getting the shaft, but they are mostly ignored.
"This article isn’t about day-care safety. This isn’t an indictment of the company I work for; I had one of the better parental leave policies of anyone I know. What this article is about is that my infant died in the care of a stranger, when he should have been with me. Our culture demanded it."

WTF, she just complained that the daycare was negligent. If so, then that is the issue. Nothing else.

What a sappy article, just oozing with selfish entitlement and failing at maturity and personal responsibility. It's like an adolescent wrote it.
What really gets me is the myriad of commenters who keep saying, "moms and dads deserve paid time home with their baybees!"

I myself might think I deserve some things, but I'm not asking anyone else to fund my lifestyle.
I deserve a Ferrari, a private jet and a private island with G stringed tanned buff cabana boys catering to my every whim. I don't whine and expect the taxpayers or corporate America to pick up the tab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
i deserve a bigger basement.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Re: "A Baybee Dies at Daycare, A Mother Asks Why She Had to Leave Him So Soon."
November 17, 2015
I deserve a hot tub and a Mustang (used would be okay). The entitlement, it burns...

It takes a child to raze a village.
I saw this a few days ago, but was too lazy to post. I read the comments (always a mistake) and rolled my eyes at how the comments that had the nerve to suggest that maybe the LW and others like her create a nest egg as a baby fund if they want to stay at home longer instead of expecting others to foot the bill were shouted down. I'm amazed at how breeders find it perfectly all right that we have huge chunks of our paychecks taken out for "just in case," aka, insurance. Just in case things we can't actually foresee and therefore cannot actually plan for, a significant fraction of our earned income goes to a variety of insurance companies that will find any way to avoid paying for these unforeseen circumstances.

But babies, one of the few things in life that can be planned thanks to contraception and a 40-week gestation period, are apparently fucking surprises that can happen to anybody, anytime without warning and therefore the world needs to foot the bill.

And it's so absurd that people get so offended and suddenly act like they've discovered the existence of classism when somebody brings up the idea that maybe people should wait to have children or not have them at all if their circumstances aren't optimal. "BUT OMGZ YOU'RE SAYING ONLY THE RICH CAN HAZ BAYBEEEZ!!" No, dipshits, but a freelancer (aka, unstable income) and a person without a college degree who couldn't guarantee being able to find another job after playing SHAM for a few extra months living in a city with some of the highest cost of living in the world probably should not be having a fucking child. If the freelancer has a dry spell or/and Scholastic (which is where the Moo works) needs to "downsize" and Moo ends up cut, they're up Shit Creek.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

If you want to breed in New York, you and your partner need to be making well over six figures. It's cheaper to live in Flyoverland, but posh moo can't possibly live away from the coast! The horror of Middle America! Poor moo deserves a nice NY apartment, a job AND a baby, waaaahhhhhhh!

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
A year mooternity leave is too long, after a full year of being out of the work force, being at home there is less motivation to get back to your JOB. How many of the majority of women go back only to get knocked up again within a year and take more leave?

By a years time, co workers have already picked up your slack - and yes, they were pissed off about it. If moo does go back to work than she will be leaving early / coming in late and productivity will decrease because all she can think about is baayyybee.

Leave should be one month minimum, six months maximum. A month is time to bond with your baby and do what you gotta do. Six months maximum is an extreme case where there are circumstances that you can not return to work right away. That way, you miss minimal work and can get back in the game right away and look you're still earning a paycheck to buy diapers n other stuff.

If you chose to stay home, you should just quit your job and not get any paid leave from the company. It's a waste of money to them as that money could be spent elsewhere I am sure, instead of on some moo who decided to calf. How tough is it to plan a pregnancy? Again it's the breed not think mentality. Too many people go into it unprepared knowing that kids are expensive. Hey if it means moving somewhere cheaper and living more within your means than that's what you have to do. Some times you just have to go without and sacrifice to make things better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are having children for selfish and narcissistic reasons, or are simply irresponsible. Funny... Those are the terms often used to describe the CF

~Live, Laugh, Love~
The article is making my browser crash at the moment, but if I read it correctly, she asked to EXTEND her Moo-ternity and says the company rejected that offer. She's lucky she got three months of paid leave.

What I find telling is that she didn't say, okay how about leave without pay and I'll still pay my portion of the insurance? I would bet that Scholastic is a large company, so they would be under the FMLA and they would probably have to give her that. I've known parunts who do that when they want more time home with their kid, but again, that requires planning. She wasn't willing to put much of her own money toward this venture, no?

In the comments, someone wrote that the Moo was 41 years old and this was presumably her first sprog. She had plenty of time to get that degree and secure some credentials to maximize her income. I knew I would never sprog and I wanted to do that for myself--you'd best believe if I sprogged all these things would be in place prior to that. As paragon wrote, it's called PLANNING YOUR LIFE which many Breeders can't be arsed to do.
Since it turned out that the daycare was unlicensed and apparently none of the workers was certified in CPR, it sounds like the direct contributor to the death was a bad daycare, not really that new parents don't get enough leave. This article is making it sound like if parents don't all get a year off after having a baby, society is sentencing their children to death. In actuality, I'm sure most people are much more likely to lose their children in a car accident than to nap time at a daycare. But breeders will use articles like this to try to spur outrage and get extra work benefits for themselves while the CF, a minority population with no clout, take up the slack.
Exactly, It's like buying a $500 used car that bursts into flames, and then lecturing everyone that driving is highly dangerous.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
tiredchicken
Since it turned out that the daycare was unlicensed and apparently none of the workers was certified in CPR

Let me guess: Moo went for the lowest bidder (as so many moos do when it comes to childcare) and got what she paid for.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
They keep telling us that their pwecious babbies are the most important thing in the world to them, then they cheap out on the childcare. Actions speak louder than words, ya lying liars!
So, Grieving Mom, was the problem the lack of adequate daycare, or lack of maternity leave?

Pick a fucking lane already.
JoJo
They keep telling us that their pwecious babbies are the most important thing in the world to them, then they cheap out on the childcare. Actions speak louder than words, ya lying liars!

When they're doing the job of taking care of the children they chose to have, they come up with all sorts of justifications and specious math to claim that they deserve an annual six-figure salary. But when it comes to other people stepping in to be parental substitutes for a few hours, then suddenly childcare is worth less than minimum wage and they'll settle for unlicensed daycare centers with untrained staff if it means they don't have to spend any more money than absolutely necessary on the most important thing in their lives.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
Maybe author moo will learn from this experience and save her monthly salary times 5 years so she can stay at home and stare at the loaf until it goes to school. She can plan to pay for insurance, daycare won't be needed and since she was barely making any money after daycare then she would only need to save slightly more than insurance will cost. Kind of like when people (gasp!) plan a vacation in advance by a couple of years. They (gasp!) start budgeting and planning ahead so they can have exactly what they want. If she did this she'd have to find something else to wail about though.

Why does every moo who stays home with the loaf past their paid for moo leave always act as if they are the first moo who wanted more time with the loaf? Isn't that pretty much par for the course for all working moos? I think the overwhelming majority of wanna-be moos and moos are all sharing the same mass delusion about life with baybeez.

Abdicating personal responsibility in today's society is almost as blasphemous as admitting you are child-free.
Might have missed it but why could free lance DUH stay with the sproglet? I didn't catch what he did but if Mom was the one with health insurance and a regular paycheck perhaps Duh would take some time off or at least cut back for a year or so.
IIRC the duh's job made more money but moo's job was the one that carried the health insurance, so neither one could quit or cut back without a loss in pay or health insurance.

Considering the fact that moo is 41 and probably doesn't have another 5 years to save up for another try, the logistics and finances were something they should have planned for years ago. I wonder if they were on-the-fencers and suddenly got the baby bug just as moo's biological clock started to slow down. No chance for planning if they suddenly fell off the fence and needed to stage a hail mary before menopause.

I'm actually all for consumer and worker protections, but not when it's an illogical appeal to emotions to get extra perks for one large segment of workers (parents) at the expense of a minority segment of workers (CF). They all try to make it sound like parenting is something they do for the good of society and, if you don't buy that argument, they try to make it sound like becoming a parent just happens to you and you have no control of it. Ugh.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login